• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 NBA Draft Prospect Watch

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's try to keep the prospects grouped into one thread fellas.
Right now I'm just looking at bigs and I'm impressed with
Robert Sacre from Gonzaga. He's a Senior center, 7'0, 260 lbs. He's extremely strong and does evrything well, however nothing great.
John Henson has been amazing to start the season as well. He seems to have gained about 10 more lbs and seems to be on a dominate path.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking forward to watching the Andre Drummond kid from UConn. He's supposed to be the next great center. He gets compared to Geg Oden(minus the injury concerns)

I also look forward to watching the Anthony Davis kid from Kentucky. He might be the most skilled big man in a while, he plays more like a 3 than his listed 4.

Ty Zeller also looks real good to me. He has elite skills for a 6'11 250 lb guy.

This is really shaping up to be a very strong draft, we need to get a 1st round pick. I don't think we'll have ours, we're not finishing in the bottom 7.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DraftExpress Rankings: Top 100 Prospects
There are so many wings with great size. I bet the draft is too stacked, some kids are going to stay back after this season also. If not, the 2nd round will be a very good one in it's self. A couple of teams will be getting some steals.
Steven Adams Basketball Highlights - 2012 Prospect - New Zealand | CLHTV on blip.tv
Steven Adams is another big that I'm keeping an eye on.
Another big that I'm keeping an eye on is Fab Melo from Cuse'. He's not on this list now, however I think he will be by mid season. He hasn't been scoring or rebounding a whole lot, but he has been blocking lots of shots. I'm sure they'll work him into the offense more and he'll avg almost a double double come end season.

Last edited by a moderator:

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im watching the UNC-Kentucky game and I will say that I'm really impressed with Kidd-Gilcrest. He hasn't put up a ton of points, as well as bricking a free throw (great form though), but this kid will be a handful in the NBA. At 6-7, playing sg he's a monster on the boards, as well as being super explosive on his drives to the lane. I like how he explodes off of one leg to the rim. He has form on his shot and will get the shots to fall, I'm just loving the intangibles right now.

Terrence Jones is also having a very good game, as well as a very good season. I just can't tell if he'll be a 3 or 4 (like Jeff Green) in the league? He seems to be to much of a "tweener" to me to be really sucessful in the league. He has handles but isn't quick, he can board but isn't big as a normal 4, he can defend but he's not as quick as the NBA 3's or as big as the NBA 4's.

The guy that is impressing me is....Uhhh, Kidd-Gilcrest with a pretty lob to Anthony Davis.

The other guy impressing me is the pg Marshall from UNC. He's a pure pg that seems to make the perfect passes.....Ohhhh Gilcrest with a pretty spin move and 1.

Harrison Barnes is playing his normal steady game.....OHHH Kidd-Gilcrest starting to take over now!

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a documentary involving Kidd-Gilchrist about a month back and have seen a couple games he's played. I think his game translates more to an NBA 3 than a 2. He's a very good rebounder and always finds a way to be active around the basketball. His shooting is still very inconsistent, but that could develop in time. He also doesn't have the handle yet that he would need to play the 2.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a documentary involving Kidd-Gilchrist about a month back and have seen a couple games he's played. I think his game translates more to an NBA 3 than a 2. He's a very good rebounder and always finds a way to be active around the basketball. His shooting is still very inconsistent, but that could develop in time. He also doesn't have the handle yet that he would need to play the 2.

I disagree. I watched him play today and I think that his handle is fine for the 2. If anything you need a better handle to play sf the way alot of teams are using their 3's as a point forward (like Wright). His size would be normal at sf, however it would be huge at sg (6'11 wingspan). His shot might be a little inconsistent right now but everybody's shot is coming out of high school. He has great form on his shot though, which in turn tells that in time his shot will fall on the regular. On top of that, the type of effort he is known for giving on defense would blanket other sg's.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying Thomas Robinson is the type of player that we need, I'm just saying that he is having a great start to the season. He has 6 straight double-doubles. He looks real strong in the paint.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison Barnes!

Alright, I'll stop dreaming.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Harrison Barnes!

Alright, I'll stop dreaming.

To have a legit shot at Barnes, the Warriors would have to be 2000-2001 bad when they had Dave Cowens as coach and no talent on the floor. Just thinking about that team makes me sick to my stomach.

But yeah, Barnes in a Warriors uni would be awesome.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Rivers is quietly making a splash. He's turning in a pretty good true freshmen season so far. The only part that is concerning me is his ft %. To be the son of one of the great pg's, as well as head coaches, he shouldn't be leaving these points at the line. He has great size for the pg position, though he doesn't seem to be much of a distributor. I would like to see more of an interest in defense.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison Barnes is the #1 prospect.

Only to you. Nobody else in the world thinks so. He was the #1 prospect last season before the regular season started. He is a very good player though, I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Warriors uni, I just would like to see a few players even more. Imo Andre Drummond is the top prospect, followed by Jeremy Lamb from UConn, I also like Brad Beal from Florida, Quincy Miller from Baylor, and I'd also rather have Michael Kidd-Gilchrist than Barnes right now. That's just me though. These are the players I hope we target to make moves for in this upcoming draft.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fab Melo Becoming Defensive Anchor For Syracuse - RealGM Wiretap
I'm keeping an eye on him real close. Great size, length and tenacity, plus it seems that he has his head on straight now. A good chance he could come out after this season. He's a late 2nd round pick that could be groomed into a decent defensive, rebounding type of center in the league.
Fab Melo Stats, News, Videos, Highlights, Pictures, Bio - Syracuse Orange - ESPN
Syracuse's Fab Melo makes major strides so far in sophomore season | syracuse.com
Fab Melo highlights vs. Cornell - YouTube

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Basketball: Adams on right track - Basketball - NZ Herald News
Now they're saying that he won't be in the league for a few seasons. I think he should bring his skill to the league and develop under the instruction of some NBA coaching. This kid appears to be head and shoulders above the rest, and not just because he's 7ft tall.
Steven Adams DraftExpress 2011 adidas Nations Interview & Practice Footage - YouTube

Watching that YouTube video of the kid was painful. I felt sorry for the guy conducting the interview. He looks plenty skillful watching him on the court, but when he gets a microphone in front of him, he just freezes up.