• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Minnesota Twins Commentary

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey Boyz
Yeah, yeah I'm still around, we took the family on lampoons style road trip vacation to St. Louis. We will be back on Thur. night. I was totally swamped with work last week trying to get out of town.
We went to the Arch yesterday and from the top there is a great view of busch stadium, it was pretty awesome! That looks like a pretty fun park to see a ball game. We will be going to the Anheiser brewery later this week, CHEERS!
I haven't had time to pay much attention to spring training this year so I am reading through your guys' posts for updates.
I still have my fingers crossed for Morneau this year. Like you guys, I am not expecting much so whatever we do get out of him will be a bonus.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you Luke Hughes for knocking one out and ending another tie game with the Rays.

Seems everytime they play this spring neither one wants the win.

You take it, no you take it, no you....

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PC - You're so right! It's nice to see Hughes get a dinger as that 4th middle-IF spot is still wide open. Someone has to seize it once and for all pretty soon so Gardy can deal with other issues. The only certainty right now is Danny V. at 3B and Morneau at 1B if he doesn't have a medical setback. SS & 2B are available to Carroll, Casi, Nishi, and Hughes with the best odds on Carroll & Nishi as opening day starters. How would you like to be in Gardy's shoes this year?

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Doyle & Swarzak and Dumatrait looked absolutely horrible. The Pirates were slapping the ball all over the place. My guess is that Doyle is gone soon. Swarzak has had his chances with this team the past few years and may be nearing his end also.

The boys wanted me to go again today. I respectfully declined! If I'm gonna get fried to death in the sun I at least want to see the Twins win once in a while. 'Sides, I'm going over to Jupiter Fl, tomorrow to the Marlins ST park to see the Twins. I'm sure Mauer, Morneau and even Danny V. won't make the bus-trip, big-shots, you know.

I'm starting to get my fill of these games......

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doyle & Swarzak and Dumatrait looked absolutely horrible. The Pirates were slapping the ball all over the place. My guess is that Doyle is gone soon. Swarzak has had his chances with this team the past few years and may be nearing his end also.

The boys wanted me to go again today. I respectfully declined! If I'm gonna get fried to death in the sun I at least want to see the Twins win once in a while. 'Sides, I'm going over to Jupiter Fl, tomorrow to the Marlins ST park to see the Twins. I'm sure Mauer, Morneau and even Danny V. won't make the bus-trip, big-shots, you know.

I'm starting to get my fill of these games......

I hear ya there buck. I'm ready for these games to start counting. ST games are fun but it is always better ball when the teams are putting forth their best effot (whatever that may be for the Twins this year).

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey, PC - I made it to the Twins/Marlins game this past Sat. Me & Lena had a really good time & saw a pretty good game. Danny V. did show and walloped the 1st pitch he saw into the stratosphere. I wrote about that game on Fox and how weak Nishi looked at that game and has looked since day-1. The Twins optioned him to Rochester today.

Assuming we keep 4 middle infielders you have Casi & Carroll then Hughes(?) and who else? (I don't count 3B or 1B as middle IF.) I still contend Morneau is through. Keep Parmalee(?)

Now the fun starts!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice shot for Benson yesterday and Revere going 3-3. The young guys are gonna be the new stars of the team this year.

Nishi sent to the minors. Yeah, that just needed to happen.

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nice shot for Benson yesterday and Revere going 3-3. The young guys are gonna be the new stars of the team this year.

Nishi sent to the minors. Yeah, that just needed to happen.
It looks like that is what we have to look forward to this year PC. Now we get to find out who is going to step up this year. Hopefully we find a couple guys who can fill some gapping holes that the Twins have this year. It looks like we have a few options to look at in the field, but where are all the pitching prospects? I haven't had the time to follow ST very close this year, but I haven't heard anything about any pitching prospects, just the same old retreads that have been around for what seems like forever now.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ah, something I can be of use for... between yawns & beers, I watched a lot of pitchers this Spring and no one stood out from the invitees. I do expect Pavano, Liriano, Blackburn & Perkins to be o.k., to good. Capps didn't impress anyone who sat around me, that's not so good. Jason Marquis has gotten shelled every time out, and remember, 2/3 of the games are played by guys trying to make the teams, so it ain't like he was facing the best hitters of each team. The starters only get 1-2 AB's in most games except in the last week, or so.

I believe that if the hitters start out hot the pitchers may grow in confidence and pitch as they are capable of. Last year with all the injuries the pitchers couldn't count on run support, that's gotta be a downer every start. I'm waiting to see how Terry Ryan handles Morneau if he continues to flounder and become just an automatic out. To me and you it's called, "Fish or cut bait." I could not let the team morale be affected by keeping Parmalee, or Doumit, for instance, on the bench in favor of a useless Morneau, should it go that way. I'd cut the bait. It's kinda like a guy gnawing off his own arm when he wakes up with a bar-fly in her bed. Sacrifices have to be made!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Six earned in four innings for Pavano today. Not a bad day's work.

I'm betting it looked something like this:

Charlie+Brown+Pitching.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: