• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2 there, 2 here with the Rangers and Rockies 8/8-8/11

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy part of scheduling we can do without. I'm assuming a split one way or another.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say, I LOVE the way the pitching matchups break for us this entire week. We've got Hamels and Griffin going on the road against their best two pitchers in Anderson and Chatwood. Then we catch a break with our two worst pitchers in Perez and Harrell getting to pitch at home against their two worst in De La Rosa and Bettis. We actually have the better numbers in those as well.

And then in the 3-game set against Detroit over the weekend, we get to miss both Verlander and Zimmerman. We get Yu and Hamels to face their two worst starters in Boyd and Sanchez. Then we finish the week off with the only bad matchup of the bunch, Griffin vs. Fulmer.

5-2 should be very doable this week, even with the current hitting woes considered.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the " rivalry" match up this year? I don't get how that crap works. Do we have a different NL west opponent every year?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say, I LOVE the way the pitching matchups break for us this entire week. We've got Hamels and Griffin going on the road against their best two pitchers in Anderson and Chatwood. Then we catch a break with our two worst pitchers in Perez and Harrell getting to pitch at home against their two worst in De La Rosa and Bettis. We actually have the better numbers in those as well.

And then in the 3-game set against Detroit over the weekend, we get to miss both Verlander and Zimmerman. We get Yu and Hamels to face their two worst starters in Boyd and Sanchez. Then we finish the week off with the only bad matchup of the bunch, Griffin vs. Fulmer.

5-2 should be very doable this week, even with the current hitting woes considered.
I hope you are right. Sanchez pitched a gem. I will be glad to go 4-3 with this offense and the strength of the offense those 2 teams have.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im not quite as optimistic, I think 3-4 would be would be good for this team and its current trend. Hope they all get hot and the pitching performs very well and you're correct though

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not quite as optimistic, I think 3-4 would be would be good for this team and its current trend. Hope they all get hot and the pitching performs very well and you're correct though

We just went 3-3 on the road against Baltimore and Houston, so I don't see why we would fare worse than that at home for 5 games against Colorado and Detroit. We just faced Bundy, Gausman, Keuchel, and Fister and the only pitcher we face this entire week as good as those guys is Fulmer. Maybe Chatwood.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just went 3-3 on the road against Baltimore and Houston, so I don't see why we would fare worse than that at home for 5 games against Colorado and Detroit. We just faced Bundy, Gausman, Keuchel, and Fister and the only pitcher we face this entire week as good as those guys is Fulmer. Maybe Chatwood.

We haven't fared well vs the Rockies in the past, if I remember correctly. Im a bit concerned about the offense w RISP and the Rockies offense vs our pitching. Detroit has been pretty good of late while we haven't been. Again Im hoping I'm totally wrong and you're absolutely right. Tell me idk what I'm talking about, and ill be happy to say you're absolutely correct and we will win 5 games this week. Im good with that outcome

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coors field is very homerun friendly...look for the Rangers bats to come alive.

They will have to have much better AB's and swings to even consider HR's. Less strikeouts and more contact will be necessary. Too many guys watching 3rd strikes lately. More worried about their guys hitting HR's than our guys

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will have to have much better AB's and swings to even consider HR's. Less strikeouts and more contact will be necessary. Too many guys watching 3rd strikes lately. More worried about their guys hitting HR's than our guys

Maybe Nolan Arenado will pump up my fantasy score!

Lol.....

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see where you are coming from. We will have to score more runs than we have been scoring.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spare ass pitchers have a tendency to dominate the Rangers.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a tendency to think it may be more the offense than spare pitchers i.e. Deshields MM Fielder Rua

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pitchers, that people on this board think are spares, often aren't actually spares, they just don't know who they are, its often a function of ignorant perception by the poster than actual lack of talent by the pitcher

That being said, Will's assessment was pretty spot on Anderson and Chatwood have been pretty good overall, but only Anderson has been good at home

De la Rosa has been horrible no matter where he pitches (actually worse on the road) and Bettis has been pretty bad on the road (4.95 ERA)

Sanchez has been pretty bad this year but has a pretty solid history when healthy and has been pretty good his last 2 starts, and Boyd is pretty meh, but has talent

Fulmer has been really good this year and tough matchup for Griffin

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitchers, that people on this board think are spares, often aren't actually spares, they just don't know who they are, its often a function of ignorant perception by the poster than actual lack of talent by the pitcher

Well rest assured that's not the case with me.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on a 5-3 Rangers win

Adam Morris with some thoughts on the continuing questionable bullpen management.
I am not into changing Dyson out. But I thought after the game last night is what is going on with Diekmen. Is the guy hurt? No. He strikes out the side in his last appearance and other than that has been sitting around. We have a loaded BP. Mix and match guys so that different pitchers are getting some time off.