• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2 Reasons the Niners lost this game

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
They are (1) Alex and (2) Smith. Period. Don't blame the DBs, they were on the field practically the entire game.

The OL gave him enough time. The first Ware sack was Staley's fault IMO, but the others were either Alex running into the pass rusher or holding onto it for too long.

The front 7 played well and applied a decent amount of pressure. Rogers had a great game IMO. The CB play from the other guys wasn't great but...

Alex Smith is a loser. That's it! His top WRs were out, but Romo was missing Dez. That didn't stop him. He missed a WIDE open Delanie Walker for a potential 1st down that turned into a punt which turned into a Dallas score. Dallas losed the OL because there was no passing threat all game.

I like what Harbaugh did, I think I like what the OL did, I LOVE what the DL is doing... but Alex Smith lost this game.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith played a big role in the loss, but not the only role. The secondary is up there too, as well as our run-blockers. Iupati, Goodwin, and Rachal are just not getting much push up the middle. Harbaugh's decision to take the FG was extremely odd too.

Smith made three crucial mistakes in the 4th quarter / OT. The overthrow prior to the INT was huge, as it would have been an easy 20 yard completion. He then followed it up with a horrible INT that led to Austin's second TD. And finally taking that stupid sack in OT that lost about 8 yards was just ridiculous.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You're right; the DBs didn't have a great game overall. But for as long as they were on the field I'm ok with the performance.

They wouldn't have had to do so much if the Niners could pass the ball. That's also why they can't run the ball; defenses are loading the line of scrimmage.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Smith was actually one of the better players on the field for the Niners today. Who on the offensive side had a better game? And the sack for 8 yards......are you talking about the play where they ran a play-action bootleg and he was sacked by an unblocked Ware?

Anyway, if you guys are being serious you remain absolutely ridiculous. To call out Smith for this game is beyond obsession, heading into pathology.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Smith was actually one of the better players on the field for the Niners today.

COUGH! COUGH! COUGH! HACK!! EGHHH!!!!

Does... Any... one... know..... the heimlich? Can't Breathe...

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith was actually one of the better players on the field for the Niners today. Who on the offensive side had a better game? And the sack for 8 yards......are you talking about the play where they ran a play-action bootleg and he was sacked by an unblocked Ware?

Anyway, if you guys are being serious you remain absolutely ridiculous. To call out Smith for this game is beyond obsession, heading into pathology.

The play I'm talking about DeMarcus Ware was covering Frank Gore in the flat, so no.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ware swallowed that play, what the hell can you do? He read that screen to Gore perfectly twice today and broke the play both times. I don't remember Smith taking all that long....Gore was covered, and I'd have to look again but I'd bet Smith had no options there.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are (1) Alex and (2) Smith. Period. Don't blame the DBs, they were on the field practically the entire game.

The OL gave him enough time. The first Ware sack was Staley's fault IMO, but the others were either Alex running into the pass rusher or holding onto it for too long.

The front 7 played well and applied a decent amount of pressure. Rogers had a great game IMO. The CB play from the other guys wasn't great but...

Alex Smith is a loser. That's it! His top WRs were out, but Romo was missing Dez. That didn't stop him. He missed a WIDE open Delanie Walker for a potential 1st down that turned into a punt which turned into a Dallas score. Dallas losed the OL because there was no passing threat all game.

I like what Harbaugh did, I think I like what the OL did, I LOVE what the DL is doing... but Alex Smith lost this game.

Niner that's terrible... You're better than that.

Smith had his botches, but no way he's the scapgoat.... The sacks were terrible and 2 of them could've been worse with fumbles but he held on. He made some bad throws, one being completely on him with the INT, but other than that what else did he do wrong?

His OL forgot to run block for beans, pass protect... Staley had his goofs...

Defensively, where to begin? Brooks "offsides" after a 3rd down stop? inability by our pass rush to break through the DAL OL? Letting Witten land a pro bowl game and gambling so that Austin goes All Pro on us?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ginn should've caught that pass, then they should've gone for it on 4th and 1. Also the defense should've stopped Romo & Kitna from throwing over 400 yards. Smith played about as good as you should ever expect out of him, especially with Gore being a non-factor. Blame the defense and Harbaugh before Smith.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith played a big role in the loss, but not the only role. The secondary is up there too, as well as our run-blockers. Iupati, Goodwin, and Rachal are just not getting much push up the middle. Harbaugh's decision to take the FG was extremely odd too.

Smith made three crucial mistakes in the 4th quarter / OT. The overthrow prior to the INT was huge, as it would have been an easy 20 yard completion. He then followed it up with a horrible INT that led to Austin's second TD. And finally taking that stupid sack in OT that lost about 8 yards was just ridiculous.

That stupid sack was the one where Ware covered Gore? Smith should've thrown it out but that play was terrible to begin with. 2nd n 3, go for the run!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right; the DBs didn't have a great game overall. But for as long as they were on the field I'm ok with the performance.

They wouldn't have had to do so much if the Niners could pass the ball. That's also why they can't run the ball; defenses are loading the line of scrimmage.

I'm not sure, but in the first half the Def didn't see too much field time... the niners offense ate clock plus defense force 3 n outs... they only botched up the TD one aside from the opening drive.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The play I'm talking about DeMarcus Ware was covering Frank Gore in the flat, so no.

throw it to whom? before he can reload and look for another receiver he was already in the grasp of the defender. I know you don't think highly of the guy but at least be objective

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ware swallowed that play, what the hell can you do? He read that screen to Gore perfectly twice today and broke the play both times. I don't remember Smith taking all that long....Gore was covered, and I'd have to look again but I'd bet Smith had no options there.

He shouldn't have taken that sack. He should've seen that Ware was floating to the flat. Instead Smith turns his entire body away from the pass-rush and loses 8 yards on a ridiculously stupid play. Losing 8 yards in that situation is Unacceptable, and it put us in a near impossible 3rd and 16.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Really??? This is the farthest from any objective assessment I have seen...

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Your right . He played great in the 4th quater and in overtime. I hope they extend his contract on monday because he was one of the better players out there today.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Delanie walker was also covered on that play by Brooking I believe. No clear throwing lane to walker.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
throw it to whom? before he can reload and look for another receiver he was already in the grasp of the defender. I know you don't think highly of the guy but at least be objective

Bullshit. Gore was his THIRD read on that play, so obviously he didn't have time to reload and look for another option. It was extrremely stupid, however, to turn his entire body left, AWAY from the pass-rush, only to find a DeMarcus Ware in the way, which was something he needed to see prior to ignoring the rest of the defense and taking that sack. It was an inexcusable sack.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look im no smith apologist, but when the offense actually gives us 24 points and the Defense lets them drive down the field late in the 4th qtr and blows a huge coverage to a no named guy in OT then this is def on the defense.

A lot of the times we talk about our defense being the strong point, but they just cant seem to finish games. How do we let Miles Austin kill us like that over and over?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Case and point: Romo played better than Alex with a broken rib and an inferior OL. And it's not like he had a running game either;

Too many times I see Alex miss a wide open player. That's inexcuseable.

His biggest play was when Walker had 7 yards on the nearest defenser. It's just clear the guy can't make very many throws. He's extremely limited. This isn't news, but the Niners had a great chance to win a huge game and he blew it.