• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2 of 3 against our arch enemy won't be bad....Yanks....6/23-25

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Darvish out for wild thing?

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did we have to start Darvish in New York against the Yankees? I bet cashman and his boys will start drafting a contract offer for him after the game.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I saw that two seamer in Carter's wheel house my heart almost stopped. Glad he took it and glad he swung at that garbage outside pitch.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did we have to start Darvish in New York against the Yankees? I bet cashman and his boys will start drafting a contract offer for him after the game.

Pretty sure the GM of the New York Yankees has heard of Yu Darvish.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure the GM of the New York Yankees has heard of Yu Darvish.

You know what I mean. All he has to do is look out of the window of his suite to see 10 Yankees going down and 0 runs on the board.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't we find anyone to close for us?

This team would be pretty good if the bullpen wasn't total dogshit.

They've lost so many games and blown so many saves. Stanky Sam Dyson gave us at least 5 or 6 losses by himself. Yes.... we would have been a definite wild card team with a good bullpen.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're killing us Bush.

I'll start calling him dubbya. He screws up a ton just like that guy.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEW YORK -- This is not Sean Tolleson. It is not Sam Dyson.

They will stick by Matt Bush.

Probably.

In Bush, the Rangers have the makings of a traditional closer. He flirts with 100 mph and can overpower hitters. He doesn't beat himself with walks. He is also wildly inexperienced, having just 88 innings as a professional pitcher before reaching the big leagues. Seventeen of those innings came in the five years before the Rangers called him up last May.

After allowing the tying run to score in the ninth and the winning run in the 10th of a 2-1 loss to the New York Yankees Friday night, Bush also has three blown saves in the last four weeks. After a game-tying homer by Brett Gardner in the ninth, Ronald Torreyes won it with a two-out single in the 10th.

"You've got to invest the time," manager Jeff Banister said Friday afternoon. "There is still some essential learning to do for him as a pitcher, much less a closer. We've got to continue to develop Matt in that spot."

Banister went on to talk a bit more about other topics, then returned to Bush and the issue at hand: The Rangers' intent is to make the playoffs, and they can't very well do that with inconsistency in the closer's role.

"You look at the landscape of where we are and where we want to go, and you can't lose that mentality of that picture," Banister said. "We're at a point where we've got a chance to win games and we've got to close them out."

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope everyone made it through the storm last night?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEW YORK -- This is not Sean Tolleson. It is not Sam Dyson.

They will stick by Matt Bush.

Probably.

In Bush, the Rangers have the makings of a traditional closer. He flirts with 100 mph and can overpower hitters. He doesn't beat himself with walks. He is also wildly inexperienced, having just 88 innings as a professional pitcher before reaching the big leagues. Seventeen of those innings came in the five years before the Rangers called him up last May.

After allowing the tying run to score in the ninth and the winning run in the 10th of a 2-1 loss to the New York Yankees Friday night, Bush also has three blown saves in the last four weeks. After a game-tying homer by Brett Gardner in the ninth, Ronald Torreyes won it with a two-out single in the 10th.

"You've got to invest the time," manager Jeff Banister said Friday afternoon. "There is still some essential learning to do for him as a pitcher, much less a closer. We've got to continue to develop Matt in that spot."

Banister went on to talk a bit more about other topics, then returned to Bush and the issue at hand: The Rangers' intent is to make the playoffs, and they can't very well do that with inconsistency in the closer's role.

"You look at the landscape of where we are and where we want to go, and you can't lose that mentality of that picture," Banister said. "We're at a point where we've got a chance to win games and we've got to close them out."
As much as I hated seeing us drop that one last night, I agree with Banny on this one. Matt has all the stuff except experience. Good year to give him that experience cause we are not going any where IMO.