• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2)Golden State Warriors vs 7)San Antonio Spurs

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would struggle against anyone of those teams minus Washington and Miami.

The SPURS would have annihilated Portland.

I said it a few times already on this thread, the Blazers series is reinforcing my suspicions.
Down the stretch, I kept openly calculating the best way SA could end up in the #3/#6 on purpose.

I am more pissed at Popovich than ever for those stupid fucking "rest games".
One freaking rest game would have made them the 6 seed

I have zero doubts the Spurs roll both Minnesota & Portland. They are dead even with OKC/New Orleans.
Only Utah & Golden State present horrible matchup nightmares for San Antonio.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which part? Because you mentioned Milwaukee taking Boston to OT (for one playoff game) while they're without two of their best players - Heyward and Irving, which is a fact.

You also (and this is laughable) mentioned the Wizards being a dangerous team if Wall comes back. Which Wall actually played in game 1 (means you didn't watch the game). On top of that, Wall, while with the Wizards has not really done anything in the playoffs to make it seem like the Wizards would be a dangerous team in the East. There's a reason they're the 8th seed. Before you mention Wall's injury during the regular season, the Wizards actually played well for long stretches WITHOUT him.

So again, which part is ridiculous? Because I basically refuted both of your points with relative ease.
Dang John Wall only had 29 points and 9 assists last night! What's wrong with that guy? Why is he even in the league?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang John Wall only had 29 points and 9 assists last night! What's wrong with that guy? Why is he even in the league?

Did they win?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The more I think about it, who trades for him?

Basically you have a guy who's gone AWOL with an injury that the severity is unknown. Spurs cleared him, his own medical team has not, so any team taking a chance on him has to figure out which it is.

On top of that you're going to have to give him a super max and also give up assets to trade for him.

Really doubt the Spurs traded him to a West team.

Maybe a sign and trade with the Bucks, including Jabari Parker?
Philly for Fultz, Covington and Saric or Lottery Pick?
McCollum, Aminu and Collins for Kawhi and Pau?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They win their game or not? I believe the original discussion was the Wizards in its entirety.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, who trades for him?

Basically you have a guy who's gone AWOL with an injury that the severity is unknown. Spurs cleared him, his own medical team has not, so any team taking a chance on him has to figure out which it is.

On top of that you're going to have to give him a super max and also give up assets to trade for him.

Really doubt the Spurs traded him to a West team.

Maybe a sign and trade with the Bucks, including Jabari Parker?
Philly for Fultz, Covington and Saric or Lottery Pick?
McCollum, Aminu and Collins for Kawhi and Pau?
Someone is gonna have to part ways with a big time star for the Spurs to say yes. A McCollum-like player at the very least.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They win their game or not? I believe the original discussion was the Wizards in its entirety.
It was, but then you compounded your foolishness by face palming my statement that Wall was one of the best at his position in the league and I had to call you on that nonsense.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! Lebron James' team lost as well, I guess by your log
Did they win?
LOL! Lebron James' team lost too. I guess by your reasoning he's not one of the best in the league either. C'mon, playing the dunce doesn't suit you.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course they're not. They need to keep the incoming offers high. If they're telling teams they're going to get rid of him, because of the situation, other teams will know where the trade market stands for him will be.

Right now, if they say he's untradeable, any team that makes an offer is going to have to at least start on the high side of what they would give up.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was, but then you compounded your foolishness by face palming my statement that Wall was one of the best at his position in the league and I had to call you on that nonsense.

But Wall isn't one of the best at his position. He's barely a top 10 PG in the league (at least not top 5):

CP3
Curry
Westbrook
Lillard
Irving
Walker

Those are PGs that I'm taking before Wall. At best he's #7 in the league.

Going back to the original discussion - the Wizards a mediocre team that wouldn't beat San Antonio in the playoffs.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Wall isn't one of the best at his position. He's barely a top 10 PG in the league (at least not top 5):

CP3
Curry
Westbrook
Lillard
Irving
Walker

Going back to the original discussion - the Wizards a mediocre team that wouldn't beat San Antonio in the playoffs.
LOL!

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CP3
Curry
Westbrook
Lillard
Irving
Walker

I disagree with Walker over Wall. Walker also hasn't done much to show for in his career. I think CP3, Curry, Westbrook and Irving are all consensus top 4 PG's in the NBA.

After that it gets a bit dicey. After this season, I prefer Lillard over Wall, but I don't think it's by very much. After that I don't think there are any other PG's in the NBA I would take over Wall. He's top 6 IMO. Although a healthy Conley might make me think a bit more.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with Walker over Wall. Walker also hasn't done much to show for in his career. I think CP3, Curry, Westbrook and Irving are all consensus top 4 PG's in the NBA.

After that it gets a bit dicey. After this season, I prefer Lillard over Wall, but I don't think it's by very much. After that I don't think there are any other PG's in the NBA I would take over Wall. He's top 6 IMO. Although a healthy Conley might make me think a bit more.

Health is the reason I wouldn't take Conley and to some extent I hold against Wall. Walker at least is healthy. Walker also has a crap situation in Charlotte where they don't have any talent. Can you imagine what Charlotte would be without Walker? They'd literally be the worst team in the league. We've seen what the Wizards are without Wall.

Sorry, I'm just not a big fan of Wall.

But this detracts from the original argument of which teams in the East the Spurs could beat in a playoff scenario. The Wizards are definitely one of those teams.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Health is the reason I wouldn't take Conley and to some extent I hold against Wall. Walker at least is healthy. Walker also has a crap situation in Charlotte where they don't have any talent. Can you imagine what Charlotte would be without Walker? They'd literally be the worst team in the league. We've seen what the Wizards are without Wall.

Sorry, I'm just not a big fan of Wall.

But this detracts from the original argument of which teams in the East the Spurs could beat in a playoff scenario. The Wizards are definitely one of those teams.

Yeah Spurs are beating Milwaukee and Washington at the very least. Think they'd potentially give Miami a good run too, but that series would be a bit different because the Heat wouldn't have to hide Whiteside and he could play against LMA. Think they also have a decent shot at the Pacers too.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Spurs are beating Milwaukee and Washington at the very least. Think they'd potentially give Miami a good run too, but that series would be a bit different because the Heat wouldn't have to hide Whiteside and he could play against LMA. Think they also have a decent shot at the Pacers too.

I think the Spurs could possibly edge out Miami in its current capacity. Depends on how we'd defend the 3. Indiana's defense would probably propel them across this current version of the Spurs as well.