• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Brooklyn Nets vs 7) Boston Celtics

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston absolutely fleeced Brooklyn. The Celtics made what? 2 or 3 ECF's since that trade. The Nets have done?

Kyrie, KD and Harden all deciding they want to play together in Brooklyn had nothing to do with that trade and doesn't change the fact that Boston "won" that trade handily.

Injuries have had some pretty major impact on what the Celtics (maybe IT cursed them for doing him dirty?) have been able to do and...Danny overplayed his hand a little by hanging on to some of the assets too long and not following through on some deals because he thought he had to win every trade like he did the one with Brooklyn.
This right here. Ainge won so handily over Brooklyn back in the day, he was afforded the opportunity to "overpay" a bit on other trades to get better pieces. But as you pointed out, Ainge is too conservative of a GM and in the end - he had a solid product in Boston, but never moved the needle to championship level based on this along with injuries (which all teams tend to go through at times).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And all some others are saying is it is warranted.....though only matters if someone gets hurt. Why take the risk?

It is a risk either way. A small risk, but a risk.

Nash could have taken them them out.

He didn’t.

Nobody got injured and the Nets won the game.

And really, an injury in that situation is just about as unlikely as blowing the lead.

My posts are in response to @Shaqdaddy11 critcizing Nash for not taking his guys out. There are plenty of bad coaching decisions out there to criticize. This isn’t one. His decision worked.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He didn’t.

And really, an injury in that situation is just about as unlikely as blowing the lead.

My posts are in response to @Shaqdaddy11 critcizing Nash for not taking his guys out. There are plenty of bad coaching decisions out there to criticize. This isn’t one. His decision worked.
Hindsight it worked but I disagree it was the right move. My guess is we are more likely to see a player hurt in the end of a blowout than we are seeing a 17 point lead lost in less than 2 minutes. Pretty sure I've seen the former...not so sure about the latter.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He didn’t.

It only worked because nobody got hurt.

It was an unnecessary risk that I doubt any experienced coach makes.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hindsight it worked but I disagree it was the right move. My guess is we are more likely to see a player hurt in the end of a blowout than we are seeing a 17 point lead lost in less than 2 minutes. Pretty sure I've seen the former...not so sure about the latter.

Injury also far less likely in a keep away scenario than normal flow of play.

Reggie Miller 8 points in 9 seconds, TMac had 13 in 33 seconds with TOs and missed FTs in between.

These are freak occurrences, but they can happen. And it would be virtually impossible with Kyrie and Harden on the court.

Less impossible with the bench.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It only worked because nobody got hurt.

It was an unnecessary risk that I doubt any experienced coach makes.

I have seen experienced coaches make that decision a lot.

This shouldn’t even be a discussion.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen experienced coaches make that decision a lot.

This shouldn’t even be a discussion.

I agree it shouldn't be a discussion.

KD, Kyrie and Harden have missed significant games due to injury. Their health is so important that even one of those guys going out drastically decreases their title hopes. You seriously think they make the Finals is KD is out for a series against the Sixers or Bucks?

Now their team is up by 17 points with 1:58 to play in the game. It's a dead ball situation so there is no excuse why nobody couldn't be subbed.

There is absolutely no reason why ALL THREE of those guys need to be in the lineup. Are you expecting the Celtics to go on a 18-0 run with less than two minutes to go, which coincidentally would be an NBA record for that kinda run in under 2 minutes.

And it's quite surprising that's you're actually defending this.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it shouldn't be a discussion.

KD, Kyrie and Harden have missed significant games due to injury. Their health is so important that even one of those guys going out drastically decreases their title hopes. You seriously think they make the Finals is KD is out for a series against the Sixers or Bucks?

Now their team is up by 17 points with 1:58 to play in the game. It's a dead ball situation so there is no excuse why nobody couldn't be subbed.

There is absolutely no reason why ALL THREE of those guys need to be in the lineup. Are you expecting the Celtics to go on a 18-0 run with less than two minutes to go, which coincidentally would be an NBA record for that kinda run in under 2 minutes.

And it's quite surprising that's you're actually defending this.

There is a lot that goes into these decisions. It isn’t nearly as simple as you make it out to be.

No I don’t think he needed to have them in. But I am also sure that he had his reasons and equally sure that Nash and D’Antoni (a very experienced coach) discussed this.

I will say again. The odds of 1 of those guys getting hurt in the last minute are minuscule.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Nets lose a game all post season unless maybe one flukey one to the Bucks. Way too much star power

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Nets lose a game all post season unless maybe one flukey one to the Bucks. Way too much star power
Nets are beating up on a hobbled Celtics team that basically hasn't played together all season.

Just sayin'.

Things aren't gonna be as smooth if they face a Milwaukee or a Philly.

I think this Nets team has flaws that are gonna show up down the road.