• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Brooklyn Nets vs 7) Boston Celtics

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nets 1-13 from 3 in the first half?!?

Thats on the level of Lakers bad.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams doing great things out there

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemba not showing up is why Boston is unlikely to win

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less than 2 minutes to play, Nets up by 17, why are Durant, Harden and Irving ALL still in the game?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less than 2 minutes to play, Nets up by 17, why are Durant, Harden and Irving ALL still in the game?

17 isn’t that much when you think about it. Especially with the 3 ball. 6 possessions.

How many times have you seen a 10-0 run in a minute or less?

All it takes is a couple quick turnovers and quick buckets on the other end.

While it is a slim chance of a comeback, chances are even slimmer one of those guys get hurt in the extra minute of court time.

In a regular season game you pull them. Playoffs though? Gotta Leave the starters in until the game is actually secure, not until it probably is.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston need more from Kemba, Fourner, and Tatum if they want to win a game or 2.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17 isn’t that much when you think about it. Especially with the 3 ball. 6 possessions.

While it is a slim chance of a comeback, chances are even slimmer one of those guys get hurt in the extra minute of court time.

In a regular season game you pull them. Playoffs though? Gotta Leave the starters in until the game is actually secure, not until it probably is.

I can't buy that. Especially with both KD and Harden are coming off injuries. There was 1:57 left on the clock and they were up by 17. There's no way both/either of them should have been on the court.

Hell, even if the Celtics make back to back 3s, the Nets could have taken half that time off the clock simply by dribbling the ball out, and they still would have been up by double digits

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't buy that. Especially with both KD and Harden are coming off injuries. There was 1:57 left on the clock and they were up by 17. There's no way both/either of them should have been on the court.

Hell, even if the Celtics make back to back 3s, the Nets could have taken half that time off the clock simply by dribbling the ball out, and they still would have been up by double digits

Still, you are criticizing them for being in the game at a point when it isn’t completely out of reach.

If Nash wants to take them out, fine. Also fine to leave them in.

1 extra minute doesn’t matter when they are already in.

But if they leave the game and start to shut it down on the bench then have to go back in later? That is where injury concerns are more legit.

Besides, you know who is really good at dribbling out the clock against pressure D?

Harden and Kyrie.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, you are criticizing them for being in the game at a point when it isn’t completely out of reach.

If Nash wants to take them out, fine. Also fine to leave them in.

1 extra minute doesn’t matter when they are already in.

But if they leave the game and start to shut it down on the bench then have to go back in later? That is where injury concerns are more legit.

Besides, you know who is really good at dribbling out the clock against pressure D?

Harden and Kyrie.

The game was out of reach. 17 points in less than two minutes. Come on now. That's garbage time, even in the playoffs.

Especially if your entire post season relies on your star players who are injury prone.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game was out of reach. 17 points in less than two minutes. Come on now. That's garbage time, even in the playoffs.

Especially if your entire post season relies on your star players who are injury prone.

Look, I didn’t watch the end.

But it depends on what the Celtics were doing.

If the starters are in and they are pressing, then the worst thing you can do is pull the starters too early and give the opponent a chance to get momentum.

If they take theirs out or stop pressing, then you sub.

Most teams press and leave starters in longer in playoff games.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you. If the Nets just run 20 seconds off on all their possessions and don't score it would still be really tough to lose that one.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. If the Nets just run 20 seconds off on all their possessions and don't score it would still be really tough to lose that one.

That was my thought. With a 24 second clock, if the team with the big lead just wants to burn clock, there's a point where, even with the 3 ball, there just aren't enough possessions left.

The one thing I will say though, is that if the other team makes a big run to significantly close the gap, it could build some confidence in the other team that you'd rather they not have going into the next game. For NBA players, sometimes all they need is to see the ball go in the hoop a couple of times and a scoring drought can turn into a hot streak.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my thought. With a 24 second clock, if the team with the big lead just wants to burn clock, there's a point where, even with the 3 ball, there just aren't enough possessions left.

The one thing I will say though, is that if the other team makes a big run to significantly close the gap, it could build some confidence in the other team that you'd rather they not have going into the next game. For NBA players, sometimes all they need is to see the ball go in the hoop a couple of times and a scoring drought can turn into a hot streak.
I guess....but is having Kyrie and Harden on the court really gonna stop the other team from scoring? And, hell, can always put them back in if it gets a little too close.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way.....not when the Nets can just hold the ball for most of the shot clock.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Harris played for the Cavs once upon a time.....LOL.