• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2-1

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you always pull your vast knowledge of all that is, out of your ass? If a Lions fan says something stupid, it is met with the same ire that your stupidity has been met with. It's bad enough we have to deal with stupid Lions fans. Why don't you take your own brand of stupidity back to the 'special' place known as the Bears' board?

I would like to talk football with you guys, and show you that I'm not a troll.

I'll bet anything that I can win you guys back over.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to talk football with you guys, and show you that I'm not a troll.

I'll bet anything that I can win you guys back over.

Fair enough. Probably was a poor way to start though.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're an idiot. We gave up 24 to the vikings, not 34. Way to tack on ten points to try to support your struggling hypothesis. On the season we've given up 65 points to the Bears 74 so far this year. The Vikings scored more on you than they did on us, and we held AP under 100 yards, you guys did not.

2013 Lions defense > 2013 Bears defense. Simple as that...

I have been reading through this thread and I have to admit that Rich was inappropriate with his original post. But not due to content, but the way he stated it.

That being said, many of you have really skewed opinions about the Lions. The above quote is a great example. There is no way to judge the performance of a team based upon only three games... To make the above statement is just plain stupid.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been reading through this thread and I have to admit that Rich was inappropriate with his original post. But not due to content, but the way he stated it.

That being said, many of you have really skewed opinions about the Lions. The above quote is a great example. There is no way to judge the performance of a team based upon only three games... To make the above statement is just plain stupid.

Well... like I said.

If I swore too much for tender ears (or in this case, eyes)... I apologize.

I realize that the swearing made it look a lot worse than it was. However, if you actually break the post down, I never really said much that should offend Lions fans.

I went after their management mostly. For not fixing their secondary, and failing to fix their running game for years. Would Lions fans really disagree with that? I doubt it. Oh, and Schwartz is a terrible coach. I'm not going to back down from that one.

No matter if I was "inappropriate"... Lions fans clearly got way too riled up over this. For chrissake. It's one stupid Bears fan's opinion. 70 plus posts in a thread and counting... all because of a few F-bombs and couple hurt feelings.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So his post, the one I responded to about how much our defense sucks, is cool, but my retaliation isn't?

#doublestandard

Stop defending your trolling friend. He got himself into this mess by insulting our team and then totally flying off the handle.

If you're an intelligent person it should be pretty easy to understand that we're going to be prone to defending our team here on our own board. He wanted to talk about how much our defense sucks, so I pointed out that so far this year our defense has been better through three games. We've given up less yards and less points, plus the only common opponent we've had scored more on you guys than on us.

Don't try to make this something it's not- we're responding to a troll who came here to talk trash. If you want to get involved too, that's cool, but remember you're on the Lions board, not the Bears board or a community board...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... like I said.

If I swore too much for tender ears (or in this case, eyes)... I apologize.

I realize that the swearing made it look a lot worse than it was. However, if you actually break the post down, I never really said much that should offend Lions fans.

I went after their management mostly. For not fixing their secondary, and failing to fix their running game for years. Would Lions fans really disagree with that? I doubt it. Oh, and Schwartz is a terrible coach. I'm not going to back down from that one.

No matter if I was "inappropriate"... Lions fans clearly got way too riled up over this. For chrissake. It's one stupid Bears fan's opinion. 70 plus posts in a thread and counting... all because of a few F-bombs and couple hurt feelings.
Either this whole charade of your is on purpose, or you have the self-control of a 2 year old...

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this thread still rolling? Who fucking cares? Dude aknowledged it wasn't the best way to start a football duscussion. Then asked for another shot. There is another thread about matchups that we can actually discuss the game on. Three weeks into the season is no real indication of what either team is. Let's let this thread fucking die already.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree LP, but then I'd have to post on this. Wait a second...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure if you have noticed, but you didn't post this on the general discussion board -- you posted it on a Detroit Lions message board.

Are you saying if I went and put a post on the Bears team board that said:

Jay Cutler is terrible and extremely overrated -- only reason he looks good to Bears fans is that the backup QBs on Chicago are so pathetic.

The offense should be buying dinner for the defense on a daily basis because the defense is the only reason the Bears win games, with the defensive touchdowns and turnovers forced.

The Bears clock for being a winning franchise is slowly ticking away as the defense continues to get older and if they have to rely on their offense, they would be lucky to win 5 or 6 games.

So if I went and posted this on the Bears team page, with them not knowing who I am -- the Bears fans would just say -- We respect your opinion and we politely disagree?!? Give me a break.

BoP

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions are simply a bad team. Barely 2-1 against the Cardinals, Redskins, and Vikings.

A fat lazy slob at QB, no running game, no defense.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions are simply a bad team. Barely 2-1 against the Cardinals, Redskins, and Vikings.

Barely 2-1? Please elaborate. I believe the Lions beat the Vikings by 10 while the Bears beat them by 1?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yawn. The troll was already here, you are too late for the game.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions are currently second in the league in passing only behind Jesus Manning. Bears rank 21st. Bears have a whopping 85 more total rushing yards than the Lions after 3 games. Lions D ranks 18th in yards given up per game. Bears D? 25th.

But ya, keep parading around your town dressed like women and not paying attention to football Bears fans. :suds:

BoP

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question: Why do you guys try to talk shit? After being terrible for 50 years, do you think that anyone takes anything you are your team says or does seriously?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either this whole charade of your is on purpose, or you have the self-control of a 2 year old...

The fact that you're not letting this go, says who is actually the child here.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you have noticed, but you didn't post this on the general discussion board -- you posted it on a Detroit Lions message board.

Are you saying if I went and put a post on the Bears team board that said:

Jay Cutler is terrible and extremely overrated -- only reason he looks good to Bears fans is that the backup QBs on Chicago are so pathetic.

The offense should be buying dinner for the defense on a daily basis because the defense is the only reason the Bears win games, with the defensive touchdowns and turnovers forced.

The Bears clock for being a winning franchise is slowly ticking away as the defense continues to get older and if they have to rely on their offense, they would be lucky to win 5 or 6 games.

So if I went and posted this on the Bears team page, with them not knowing who I am -- the Bears fans would just say -- We respect your opinion and we politely disagree?!? Give me a break.

LOL, you're joking... right?

"Politely disagree"? Of course there would be some that don't. However, very few, if any would go after YOU INDIVIDUALLY. My problem isn't that you reacted, it's that you took it PERSONALLY.

I came here to talk about football. You guys turned it into something else completely.

Oh, and there's a few things I agree with in that statement, so I wouldn't be upset at all. Although, there are a few things that are clearly a bit outrageous. I'm sure you were exaggerating for effect.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question: Why do you guys try to talk shit? After being terrible for 50 years, do you think that anyone takes anything you are your team says or does seriously?

Serious question: Does your father know he raised a dickless faggot?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The past 50 years is hardly relevant to this season.