• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 18, San Francisco Forty-Niners @ Los Angeles Rams, SoFi Stadium, Sunday, 01/09/22, 1:25 PM PST

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to bed at halftime with this game well in hand. Then I wake up and find out we choked the game away. Championship teams don’t choke games away like this, especially against rivals.
The Rams are not Super Bowl material. And now their future looks bleak as well.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told you guys McVay would do McVay things, and Stafford would be the bad Stafford we’ve seen the past 6 weeks.

As a result, the Rams are actually no better off this year than last even though they “upgraded” at QB.

The problem lies with the HC, and since he isn’t going anywhere, neither will the Rams. His ego will always get in the way of the Rams winning it all, just like with Martz.

Just STFU already. You are annoying as hell. Stafford was money all first half practically perfect. We couldn’t run the ball, Oline was a joke. You are so negative Nancy 24-7 you need your own bitch thread.

Someone put this guy out of his misery please. We just won the dam NFC west and yea im
Pissed about losing how we did but cmon!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are not Super Bowl material. And now their future looks bleak as well.

They are certainly not the GSOT. But the NFL has plenty of Jekyl and Hyde teams this year. AZ was the best road team in the NFL but got blasted by Detroit.

Anything can happen but the team left standing will be the one making hardly any mistakes. Wouldn’t surprise if we lose but wouldn’t
Surprise me if we got to the big game either

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are certainly not the GSOT. But the NFL has plenty of Jekyl and Hyde teams this year. AZ was the best road team in the NFL but got blasted by Detroit.

Anything can happen but the team left standing will be the one making hardly any mistakes. Wouldn’t surprise if we lose but wouldn’t
Surprise me if we got to the big game either
Well that is true I've never seen a season like this one where good teams can look like total crap against losing teams. Good thing the Cardinals lost yesterday or I would have lost it last night.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to bed at halftime with this game well in hand. Then I wake up and find out we choked the game away. Championship teams don’t choke games away like this, especially against rivals.
Championship teams also don't get beat by the same team 6 times in-a-row either.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Championship teams also don't get beat by the same team 6 times in-a-row either.
I say look at Tampa. They were struggling in the first half and they made adjustments and whooped Carolina’s ass in the second half. That’s why they’re Super Bowl winners.
We were whooping the shit out of the 9ers and then come out flat and lose instead of beating them into oblivion like we should’ve done.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just STFU already. You are annoying as hell. Stafford was money all first half practically perfect. We couldn’t run the ball, Oline was a joke. You are so negative Nancy 24-7 you need your own bitch thread.

Someone put this guy out of his misery please. We just won the dam NFC west and yea im
Pissed about losing how we did but cmon!
Ok SJ.

You go ahead and be happy that the Rams backed their way into the nFCW title.

Completely ignore the fact they blew a chance at the #2 seed and now have to face AZ and GB instead of Philly and the Boys ( most likely).

And it’s not that they lost, it’s the way in which they lost. That was a complete choke job, plain and simple.

And who cares how Stafford played in one half, when he was garbage when it mattered most. Yet another multiple TO game from the QB savior that was supposed to be the answer.

Again, I reiterate, Stafford has thrown 4 picks 6’s this season. Rodgers has thrown 4 INT’s total for the season. And somehow we are supposed to believe Stafford was the answer to the Rams problems.

You keep drinking the kool aid and celebrating moral victories. I’ll stick with reality thank you.

And the reality is, Stafford was never going to be the answer because the problem lies with the HC. The fact that he went and traded for a gunslinger only exacerbates the problem, not solve it.

McVay is a great OC, but he needs a HC above him to keep his ego in check ( just like Martz ). Since he is the HC, there is no checking his ego, and after every loss, it is the same song and dance “ I have to do better “ but he never does.

And after 5 seasons, I don’t think he is ever going to change. He might change his game strategy for a game or two, and we all think, hey he’s finally figured it out. But he always reverts back to his old self and the results are the same.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come to think of it, Shit-Fer-Brains was more "regulated" in his approach when his elder, Wade Phillips was around. Shit-Fer-Brains may have been a better coach then but that of course is open to discussion.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok SJ.

You go ahead and be happy that the Rams backed their way into the nFCW title.

Completely ignore the fact they blew a chance at the #2 seed and now have to face AZ and GB instead of Philly and the Boys ( most likely).

And it’s not that they lost, it’s the way in which they lost. That was a complete choke job, plain and simple.

And who cares how Stafford played in one half, when he was garbage when it mattered most. Yet another multiple TO game from the QB savior that was supposed to be the answer.

Again, I reiterate, Stafford has thrown 4 picks 6’s this season. Rodgers has thrown 4 INT’s total for the season. And somehow we are supposed to believe Stafford was the answer to the Rams problems.

You keep drinking the kool aid and celebrating moral victories. I’ll stick with reality thank you.

And the reality is, Stafford was never going to be the answer because the problem lies with the HC. The fact that he went and traded for a gunslinger only exacerbates the problem, not solve it.

McVay is a great OC, but he needs a HC above him to keep his ego in check ( just like Martz ). Since he is the HC, there is no checking his ego, and after every loss, it is the same song and dance “ I have to do better “ but he never does.

And after 5 seasons, I don’t think he is ever going to change. He might change his game strategy for a game or two, and we all think, hey he’s finally figured it out. But he always reverts back to his old self and the results are the same.

FFS I’m not happy but get it right. At least say the guy played very well in the first half and his Oline sucked all game.

Acknowledge the real my man or go
To the negative thread

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FFS I’m not happy but get it right. At least say the guy played very well in the first half and his Oline sucked all game.

Acknowledge the real my man or go
To the negative thread
Yes SJ, he played a great 1st half.

But, what about the 2nd half? The OL sucked in the first half as well, so it’s not like they all of a sudden turned crap after halftime.

He did nothing in the 3rd quarter and threw a pick.

The problem is, you keep making excuses for him. Rodgers has been playing with a patchwork OL for quite a while now. Why isn’t he imploding and throwing INT’s and pick 6’s?

I’ll tell you why: because of what is between the ears. Rodgers has it, Stafford does not.

You really think the Rams have a shot at the SB with Stafford? He is a turnover machine that can’t get out of his own way, and McVay’s pass happy playcalling is only making it worse.

If the Rams ever win the SB with Stafford and McVay, I will gladly take 2 plate of crow. I just don’t ever see it happening unless by some miracle McVay changes his ways ( which I don’t see happening ).

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford didn't lose this game...the Defense got their ass kicked all second half. The Rams had a 17-3 lead and the first drive of the second half for the niners went for a TD not to mention the time it chewed up. This game was lost once again by the defense. And I don't know about you all but I'm getting a little tired of watching Ramsey bitch and moan all game long. The D coach was with him all night on the sidelines trying to calm him down.
Get it together Defense. They have folded all season long when pressured. Same with the O-Line. So you can't pin this all on Stafford.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go watch the vid over on the Negativity Thread Rambunctious. The vid I posted is what a real Championship NFL Football team looks and acts like. And that team was built by Dick Vermeil!!

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only so many times Shanahan and LaFleur beat him in a row. Same as hit red on the roulette table. As far as the DC, he needs better LBs and some other DB that can tackle would be nice too. SF does a great job on Aaron Donald as well. SF is built in the trenches and the game plan is to punish you. Dude needs to realize it soon too
what all you pointed out SJ is coaching.... BB doesn't need world beaters at LB. Just put the scrubs that you have in the best position to succeed. Neither of these idiots were doing that. Shit he had Ramsey in a "star role" instead of blanketing the #1 for how many games this season??

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Fuller is done. Burgess is now in and now we have a smashmouth player who KNOWS how to tackle. Sort of like E. Jones. I guarantee you if the defense had E. Jones on the field this past Sunday, no way the Niners march down the field especially in the second quarter because he would have been the player that would have tackled people and stopped them cold.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan has far too much familiarity with the Rams coaching staff and he has an advantage as a result, especially when he can run at will. He's worked with Raheem Morris with 3 different teams; to say he knows what the defensive scheme will be is an understatement. He's also very familiar with McVay obviously.

Despite all of that, the Rams still had a chance to win this game, but failed notably on two end of half drives. The FG drive with 38 seconds left at the half and the tying TD drive to force OT are just embarrassing. The defense needs to be able to get off the field in crunch time. There is no way a predominantly running team should be successful on both of those drives if your defense is worth a crap.

The Rams ineptitude vs the Niners forces me to root for the Cowboys this weekend and I hate them for it.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan has far too much familiarity with the Rams coaching staff and he has an advantage as a result, especially when he can run at will. He's worked with Raheem Morris with 3 different teams; to say he knows what the defensive scheme will be is an understatement. He's also very familiar with McVay obviously.

Despite all of that, the Rams still had a chance to win this game, but failed notably on two end of half drives. The FG drive with 38 seconds left at the half and the tying TD drive to force OT are just embarrassing. The defense needs to be able to get off the field in crunch time. There is no way a predominantly running team should be successful on both of those drives if your defense is worth a crap.

The Rams ineptitude vs the Niners forces me to root for the Cowboys this weekend and I hate them for it.

Not to mention the 10 fucking runs in a run by the Niners in which Shanahan didn't give a damn who was on the field for LA, HOF, all-pro or not. He ran the ball at will and the shitty LB unit failed to stop it. It is no excuse for Morris, his defense sucks and he needs to be shown the door.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea bring in Fangio as the DC. He's available but won't last long because Jacksonville is already looking to sign him to the same position. Fangio was the guy that produced Staley. Fangio has good-to-great defenses wherever he goes when he is the DC. I guarantee you our D would be way better.

Last edited: