• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st round QB??

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I would love to see this team land an impact starter at S or DT in the 1st round this year, I would not be upset if the Cowboys took a QB IF someone they had ranked at the top fell to them. Bridgewater, Johnny Football, Bortles and in some publications, Carr are all projected to go in the top 10. What if a QB that the Cowboys have ranked as the best QB in the draft and one of the top 5 players overall falls in their laps? There's no question that if healthy(??) Romo would still be the starter for the next 2-3 years and the young guy would be holding a clipboard for a couple of years, except when and if Romo were hurt. A couple of points about this....By drafting him in the 1st round, we would have control of the player for 5 years. And holding a clipboard isn't all that bad. Romo has done pretty well going that route. When Romo finally has to hang it up, I'd really rather not revisit the Jerry Jones QB search of Q Carter, Drew Henson and Ryan Leaf. Seriously

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Manziel would be a disaster pick for us. Do your home work. There has never been a QB under 6' that has ever won a super bowl. Look how Tarkenton got his ass handed to him 3 times. plus Johnny football is nothing but a partying, spoiled ass punk. He will get destroyed in the NFL.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Manziel would be a disaster pick for us. Do your home work. There has never been a QB under 6' that has ever won a super bowl. Look how Tarkenton got his ass handed to him 3 times. plus Johnny football is nothing but a partying, spoiled ass punk. He will get destroyed in the NFL.

You should do your homework. Manziel is a shade over 6'. Besides, the game is changing. Russell Wilson is 5'10'', and he may well win a Super Bowl this year. I've met Drew Brees, who has a Super Bowl ring, and he's about 5'11''. There are 32 starters in the NFL, most are 6'3'' or better. How many are better than Brees? 3. Maybe. It's about how good you are, not how tall you are. I think Manziel will be a fantastic player, very much like Romo to be honest. The kid destroyed Alabama's defense 2 years in a row. For whatever you think about his personality, don't slight his talent. It will make you look as stupid as when you rip DWare's career

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love thinking outside of the box, but lets be honest, at the very least, Romo's contract is reason enough not to make this move. Besides that, for all the talk about this class of QBs, they all leave something to be desired. I think it would make more sense to take a project in the 4th round this year, as opposed to ignoring the front 7 in the 1st round.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just say no, but it sounds like something JJ would do

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should do your homework. Manziel is a shade over 6'. Besides, the game is changing. Russell Wilson is 5'10'', and he may well win a Super Bowl this year. I've met Drew Brees, who has a Super Bowl ring, and he's about 5'11''. There are 32 starters in the NFL, most are 6'3'' or better. How many are better than Brees? 3. Maybe. It's about how good you are, not how tall you are. I think Manziel will be a fantastic player, very much like Romo to be honest. The kid destroyed Alabama's defense 2 years in a row. For whatever you think about his personality, don't slight his talent. It will make you look as stupid as when you rip DWare's career

Russell Wilson and Manziel are worlds apart in terms of maturity and that makes a major difference in being the face of a franchise. Johnny has talent but he does not have the build to play the way he does in the NFL where everybody is bigger and faster than the 1 or 2 star players you faced each week in college. Time will tell but IMHO he is a shooting star that will burn out quick in the glare of the NFL

I wish him all the luck but I don't want him on my Cowboys even if he is sitting there when they pick

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love thinking outside of the box, but lets be honest, at the very least, Romo's contract is reason enough not to make this move. .

/thread

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well then I guess all the history of short QB not quite being good enough for the NFL should be tossed out because of what? Two QB's? I rather pass on Manziel and let another team prove me wring. Thinking Manziel is our savior is one of the dumbest things EVER said on these boards.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just to keep it short.

No way we are drafting a QB on the 1st day of the draft.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any of the top qbs fall to us. I may be crazy, but I think if a guy like aaron murray is there in round 3 or 4 we should pull the trigger. Fales is also kind of interesting. I don't see Murray as the next Mcgee. He is way better than Mcgee and pprobably would be the starter in 2 or 3 years

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then I guess all the history of short QB not quite being good enough for the NFL should be tossed out because of what? Two QB's? I rather pass on Manziel and let another team prove me wring. Thinking Manziel is our savior is one of the dumbest things EVER said on these boards.

I think Manziel is going to be an outstanding NFL QB, very similar to Tony Romo, only a little better. I don't think there's any way he will be there when the Cowboys pick. However, if he is, and the Cowboys pass on him, 4 years from now when he is a 25 year old Pro Bowl QB still playing on a rookie deal, and the Cowboys have Drew Henson Jr at QB because we still have $20 million in dead money due the recently retired Tony Romo, we'll revisit who made one of the dumbest posts ever. QB is the most important position in todays NFL, hands down, running away. We have a great one, but he is 34, and has had broken ribs, a punctured lung, and now back surgery. If Manziel were there, we would have control of him until Romo was 39. Thats called covering your bases. The 49ers probably could have spent Steve Young's money on a DT when they had Joe Montana as a starter, but they chose to have a 2nd excellent QB. That didn't work out at all. did it?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Manziel is going to be an outstanding NFL QB, very similar to Tony Romo, only a little better. I don't think there's any way he will be there when the Cowboys pick. However, if he is, and the Cowboys pass on him, 4 years from now when he is a 25 year old Pro Bowl QB still playing on a rookie deal, and the Cowboys have Drew Henson Jr at QB because we still have $20 million in dead money due the recently retired Tony Romo, we'll revisit who made one of the dumbest posts ever. QB is the most important position in todays NFL, hands down, running away. We have a great one, but he is 34, and has had broken ribs, a punctured lung, and now back surgery. If Manziel were there, we would have control of him until Romo was 39. Thats called covering your bases. The 49ers probably could have spent Steve Young's money on a DT when they had Joe Montana as a starter, but they chose to have a 2nd excellent QB. That didn't work out at all. did it?

Wrllbwe can disagree then. I for one don't want to waste a 1st round pick on a "I think" he can be QB. I don't want to risk a first on a 6'1" qb period. Like I said let someone else roll those dice. Manziel wouldn't even be on my Draft board unless he fell to the 5th maybe 4th round. As for a retired Romo what if he does play another 4 or 5 years. Will we lose our young QB to free agency before he gets his shot. Let's see if Romo can still playm. If not Jerry will be forced to rebuild if he likes it or not. If he can't play Jerry may finally stop using the duct tape mode of GMing, clean house and be bad for 2 to 4 years and find a qb with NFL size in 15, 16, or 17. If we are to rebuild we don't need the QB first. Build the OL that can protect a QB.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D-line is 80% the 1st pick in the draft
Safety is 20% the first pick in the draft

any other position is Peter Pan thinking

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D-line is 80% the 1st pick in the draft
Safety is 20% the first pick in the draft

any other position is Peter Pan thinking

Only other option is a G/OT if there is no DT or S worth a damn when we draft. We cannot reach and hope in the early rounds. We got lucky last year with Frederick. Can't go to the well to often.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also a big Manziel fan. His game is similar to romo. The main concern I have with Manzziel is arm strength. Manziel is still going to cause defenses lots of problems with his mobility. I don't think we get Manziel unless we trade up and I don't see that happening. One has to look at the options out there for our future QB. This team is actuaally on the verge of face planting. We may be bad enough next year to take Mariotta with the 1st overall pick. Mariotta looks like a stud

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also a big Manziel fan. His game is similar to romo. The main concern I have with Manzziel is arm strength. Manziel is still going to cause defenses lots of problems with his mobility. I don't think we get Manziel unless we trade up and I don't see that happening. One has to look at the options out there for our future QB. This team is actuaally on the verge of face planting. We may be bad enough next year to take Mariotta with the 1st overall pick. Mariotta looks like a stud

This right here should be enough to convince anyone else to jump from the Manziel parade.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that we can't reach. If the good defensive lineman and safeties are gone we need to pick best OL or even a Corner if the best one falls. Please no fucking tradedowns. We need immediate starters and not projects

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that we can't reach. If the good defensive lineman and safeties are gone we need to pick best OL or even a Corner if the best one falls. Please no fucking tradedowns. We need immediate starters and not projects

You could take the best LB. Lee is the only keeper, and injuries are a factor with him.

Honestly, BPA can pretty much be applied when it comes to the Cowboys draft.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what Manziel will be in the NFL. Like I said in another thread I'm not going to make such a firm stance as most here that he won't be a good NFL QB and really don't think anyone can at this point, but to say there is no chance he will be any good solely because of his height is stupid and over simplistic. Also, when did Fran Tarkenton become anything but a great QB? If he is going to be Fran Tarkenton I guarantee you he won't drop to pick #16...