• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st round QB??

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what Manziel will be in the NFL. Like I said in another thread I'm not going to make such a firm stance as most here that he won't be a good NFL QB and really don't think anyone can at this point, but to say there is no chance he will be any good solely because of his height is stupid and over simplistic. Also, when did Fran Tarkenton become anything but a great QB? If he is going to be Fran Tarkenton I guarantee you he won't drop to pick #16...

I have never said he is guaranteed not to be a good QB, just that I don't want to roll the dice to find out.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the camp "better the Devil you know then the devil you don't."

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Johnny Manziel would be a disaster pick for us. Do your home work. There has never been a QB under 6' that has ever won a super bowl. Look how Tarkenton got his ass handed to him 3 times. plus Johnny football is nothing but a partying, spoiled ass punk. He will get destroyed in the NFL.

Hey folks.
Normally I wouldn't post in other teams threads, but I got nothing else going on tonight.

So you're saying Fran was good enough to win during the season, win in the playoffs, but was just too short to win the Super Bowl? lol
I always wondered why they couldn't pull it off..

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never said he is guaranteed not to be a good QB, just that I don't want to roll the dice to find out.

Me neither. I'd love to have our future QB waiting in the wings for obvious reasons and also because it would save cap room over a guy like Orton, but I don't want to watch a defense like that ever again...we aren't in position to make moves for 2 or 3 years down the road...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey folks.
Normally I wouldn't post in other teams threads, but I got nothing else going on tonight.

So you're saying Fran was good enough to win during the season, win in the playoffs, but was just too short to win the Super Bowl? lol
I always wondered why they couldn't pull it off..

Apparently height only matters in the SB...

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, imagine the concern on this board if Manziel starts falling? Jerrah has final say and he knows that Manziel would bring in the fans. Jerrah is all about the money. The haters on here would be freakin if we took Manziel

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logic says this should be a defense heavy draft. If somehow Manziel or BridgeWater especially BridgeWater fall to us, I personally hope they pull the trigger. I think Johnny's going to be boom or bust there's no in between for him imo. It all depends on his habits in terms of learning the playbook and being a real student in the film room and if he can some how become a more mature person and no get too intoxicated by the lime light. If Tahj Boyd slip to us in the 2nd or 3rd depending on how teams evaluate him, I would love to have him as well.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personal want a mobile qb (not a run first guy, that's not what i'm saying). I think the league and the protection for these guys make mobile qb's extremely dangerous. I'm sick of this team drafting injured guys, but I'm not against us taking Aaron Murray in the 4th.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently height only matters in the SB...
Never said Tarkenton was not a great QB. All I said was there has never been a QB under 6' win a super bowl. There are many other reasons not to like Johnny M. IMO. Love crunching certain numbers all the time. Just thought it was an interesting stat and thought. For instance the deciding factor in me taking N.O today was a stat I found a couple days ago. Sine the 1970 merger, teams that were beaten by 27 or more points to a team, and then met later in the playoffs the same year, have a record of 12 and 13 going in to today.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...Good one. Lame is exactly what I was thinking as well.
No. What was lame is you are saying using the wrong cleats in games VS. K.C. Miami, Pittsburgh and Oakland in the Super Bowl, in New Orleans (2), Pasadena and the Houston Astrodome is the reason you lost. Funny. :laugh3:

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
No. What was lame is you are saying using the wrong cleats in games VS. K.C. Miami, Pittsburgh and Oakland in the Super Bowl, in New Orleans (2), Pasadena and the Houston Astrodome is the reason you lost. Funny. :laugh3:

Shit! I was just funnin', were high heeled cleats really an option?
If that's the case, Bud Grant was an idiot for not putting Tarkenton in them.
Thanks for the heads up...good to know.:10:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, imagine the concern on this board if Manziel starts falling? Jerrah has final say and he knows that Manziel would bring in the fans. Jerrah is all about the money. The haters on here would be freakin if we took Manziel

Frye would be going from library to library trying to sign up under an IP address that was unrecognizable to say how we needed to trade all our picks to move up...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrllbwe can disagree then. I for one don't want to waste a 1st round pick on a "I think" he can be QB. I don't want to risk a first on a 6'1" qb period. Like I said let someone else roll those dice. Manziel wouldn't even be on my Draft board unless he fell to the 5th maybe 4th round. As for a retired Romo what if he does play another 4 or 5 years. Will we lose our young QB to free agency before he gets his shot. Let's see if Romo can still playm. If not Jerry will be forced to rebuild if he likes it or not. If he can't play Jerry may finally stop using the duct tape mode of GMing, clean house and be bad for 2 to 4 years and find a qb with NFL size in 15, 16, or 17. If we are to rebuild we don't need the QB first. Build the OL that can protect a QB.

I wont be upset with any player they take, especially a defensive player, as long as it isn't a reach on their own board. Last year the Cowboys caught a lot of flack for the Fredrick pick being a ''reach'', but they had him highly ranked and should be congratulated for having it right on him. He wasn't their highest available player when they came up, but the highest OL. I think they do the same thing this year, and go with their highest rated at a specific position, either DL or S. All I'm saying is, if Manziel, (or Bortles, Carr, whoever), is a top 5 overall player on their board and happens to fall to them, I would be happy to see them take him. But under no circumstance would I want them to trade up for a QB

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D-line is 80% the 1st pick in the draft
Safety is 20% the first pick in the draft

any other position is Peter Pan thinking

''2nd star to the right....then straight on till morning". I always thought Captain Kirk came up with that until I watched Peter Pan with my little boy LOL

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D-line is 80% the 1st pick in the draft
Safety is 20% the first pick in the draft

any other position is Peter Pan thinking

The Cowboys may very well go that route, though that type of thinking could backfire. The Cowboys are picking either 16th or 17th this year. There was a time when the Cowboys were picking 17th, and Jimmy Johnson was dead set on LB James Francis if he had been there. Fortunately, the Bengals picked him before we could, and we were stuck with Emmitt Smith

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont be upset with any player they take, especially a defensive player, as long as it isn't a reach on their own board. Last year the Cowboys caught a lot of flack for the Fredrick pick being a ''reach'', but they had him highly ranked and should be congratulated for having it right on him. He wasn't their highest available player when they came up, but the highest OL. I think they do the same thing this year, and go with their highest rated at a specific position, either DL or S. All I'm saying is, if Manziel, (or Bortles, Carr, whoever), is a top 5 overall player on their board and happens to fall to them, I would be happy to see them take him. But under no circumstance would I want them to trade up for a QB

:agree:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys may very well go that route, though that type of thinking could backfire. The Cowboys are picking either 16th or 17th this year. There was a time when the Cowboys were picking 17th, and Jimmy Johnson was dead set on LB James Francis if he had been there. Fortunately, the Bengals picked him before we could, and we were stuck with Emmitt Smith

There is only 1 safety (currently) ranked as a 1st rounder.... Which is HAHA Clinton-Dix

If he is there .... absolutely want him ..... but being the only one.... and the Rams needing him too .... My hopes aren't high he will be there when we pick.

That's why I have D-line as 80%