• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: Boston Celtics vs Philadelphia Sixers

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t want any parts of Wiggins. I especially don’t want him in an Embiid deal. Embiid needs to bring back more than that.
Hence 3 first rounders included too

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-On top of that the Warriors were able to secure a top 5 pick in this years draft.

Things could be worse....
yah they sucked- thats how they got a top 5 pick- "secure"--- lol.

gmafb

but you are correct

they can "secure" another top 5 pick next year and the year after that ad infinitum if they suck.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly does need to blow the team up and start from scratch. I'm still one of the few I think who believes Simmons and Embiid can work, but they need to put a better system in place and get a more cohesive squad around both. This team has no identity. It has two star players who aren't being used to their full capabilities. Kind of feels like Milwaukee before coach Bud.
start from scratch when you have Joel Embiid? not to mention Ben Simmons would provide a very very lucrative haul if they decided to deal him

not to mention some very interesting young talent like Thybulle--- and a very valuable role player in Richardson

whatever your smoking you have to share!

giving 4 max contracts all to big men was stupid- but the foundation is absolutely there.

"start from scratch"?

just wow

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t want any parts of Wiggins. I especially don’t want him in an Embiid deal. Embiid needs to bring back more than that.
no one is giving up anything of real value for Wiggins on that contract with a contracting cap unless he makes major improvements. That is for sure.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
start from scratch when you have Joel Embiid? not to mention Ben Simmons would provide a very very lucrative haul if they decided to deal him

not to mention some very interesting young talent like Thybulle--- and a very valuable role player in Richardson

whatever your smoking you have to share!

giving 4 max contracts all to big men was stupid- but the foundation is absolutely there.

"start from scratch"?

just wow

LMAO, you obviously didn't read the whole post. I said I believe Joel Embiid and Simmons can work together and they need to put better cohesive pieces around them. Try actually reading a post for once instead of looking for something to be outraged on, lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Knicks get their "star" or maybe he flames out.
The Spurs get another big man...potential star with Pop
The Pistons get potentially the best player in the draft and he rots until they eventually trade him away.
The Cavs and Warriors drop but still get good talent.
The Twolves get fucked right in the ass...again
1-2 and high risk high reward thats for sure

i like 3-5 a lot as higher floor safer picks.

Toppin especially feels like a guy that even if he isnt a super star could be a very good player and be a culture changer/leader

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one is giving up anything of real value for Wiggins on that contract with a contracting cap unless he makes major improvements. That is for sure.

I tend to agree. Wiggins value does go up though if he improves efficiency in his game and from at least what I saw last year there is a possibility. This is coming from one of the biggest Wiggins haters around here too. Where Wiggins will improve his overall value is in two places, 1) shot selection and 2) defense.

If he improves just one of the two, in a stable environment with lots of vets around him, it could boost his value.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO, you obviously didn't read the whole post. I said I believe Joel Embiid and Simmons can work together and they need to put better cohesive pieces around them. Try actually reading a post for once instead of looking for something to be outraged on, lol.
wait you didnt say "start from scratch"? could have sworn i read that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly does need to blow the team up and start from scratch. .
maybe i lost my ability to read? either that or "blowing up the team and starting from scratch" mean 2 very different things

ugh- double post- damn spinny wheel

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe i lost my ability to read? either that or "blowing up the team and starting from scratch" mean 2 very different things

Sure you could go with that. Or you could put a little thought and context after I elaborated more. Up to you though. There are plenty of other massive contracts on the team to blow up.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
goctcha

so for you- "blowing up the team and starting from scratch" means- keeping the core of the team and building around it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure you could go with that. Or you could put a little thought and context after I elaborated more. Up to you though. There are plenty of other massive contracts on the team to blow up.

Tobias Harris?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
goctcha

so for you- "blowing up the team and starting from scratch" means- keeping the core of the team and building around it.

If you keep two players, but want to get rid of everyone else, is that not blowing up the team?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers are in a really tough spot re: what to do with Embiid and Simmons.

Ultimately, they have to decide if the problem is Brown or if it's Embiid and Simmons.

If they fire Brown, get a another coach, keep Embiid and Simmons and it turns out Brown was the problem...they're good.

But, if they fire Brown, bring in another coach and it turns out Embiid and Simmons are the problem...they won't be able to get anywhere near the trade value that they would now.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ultimately, they have to decide if the problem is Brown or if it's Embiid and Simmons.

If they fire Brown, get a another coach, keep Embiid and Simmons and it turns out Brown was the problem...they're good.

But, if they fire Brown, bring in another coach and it turns out Embiid and Simmons are the problem...they won't be able to get anywhere the trade value that they would now.

The 76ers should throw big money at Ty Lue and have him bring Gentry on to run the offense. If those two can't get the guys to play well together, nothing will. 76ers need to exhaust all options before trading those guys, IMO.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 76ers should throw big money at Ty Lue and have him bring Gentry on to run the offense. If those two can't get the guys to play well together, nothing will. 76ers need to exhaust all options before trading those guys, IMO.

Think the 76ers would offer the job to Villanova's Jay Wright?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, if they fire Brown, bring in another coach and it turns out Embiid and Simmons are the problem...they won't be able to get anywhere the trade value that they would now.
i dont think the problem is embiid or simmons at all

i think the problem is that this is a league dominated by wing players and they paid Harris and Horford when they already have a center and Pf who are young extremely talented players.

now that they have themselves in this pickle it wont be easy to get out of- all though i think horford is just fully guaranteed 2 more years unless i am mistaken.....

richardson, thybulle, z. smith are good wings--

what they really need is a point guard. Wonder if there is an expensive guy that a team isnt thrilled with that they could swap for horford.

i think that would make a big difference