• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

12 team playoff might be the best option

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me break it down for you.
University X
Gets 1 million in bowl payouts, but loses 200k on their bowl. University X made 800k that year. They would have made 1 million by staying home. Playing the bowl game was a negative, despite finishing the year in the black. I am not sure why that concept is so hard to grasp
They can just not accept the bowl game, not give themselves the opportunity to get the extra practice time, not get the extra television exposure. There is a reason teams are not just bailing on those games since it would been better to stay home according to you.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can just not accept the bowl game, not give themselves the opportunity to get the extra practice time, not get the extra television exposure. There is a reason teams are not just bailing on those games since it would been better to stay home according to you.
We can argue about other benefits and some may believe that is with the cost to play. I happen to think it is general B'S and gone too far. It is wasting tax payer dollars for many of these schools.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can argue about other benefits and some may believe that is with the cost to play. I happen to think it is general B'S and gone too far. It is wasting tax payer dollars for many of these schools.
What these professors are being paid is a much larger price burden than the minimal cost of these games.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THANK YOU. However, I'm going to warn you...some people think you have shit for brains for having conference champions in as automatics. I'm not one of them. What in the hell is the point of winning your conference if it doesn't reward you with anything?

(1)Clemson (12-1)
(2)Oklahoma (12-1)

(3)Georgia (12-1) vs (6)USC (11-2)
(4)Alabama (11-1)* vs (5)Ohio St (11-2)
------------
(1)UCF (12-0)
(2)Memphis (10-2)*

(3)Boise St (10-3) vs (6)Troy (10-2)
(4)Toledo (11-2) vs (5)FAU (10-3)
(*)at-large
I'm honestly fine keeping it the way it is, it worked out for my team. But I think to make everyone happy you have to get all power 5 conference champs in. There are years, like last year, where the best team in the country doesn't win its conference but that still gives everyone a chance

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What these professors are being paid is a much larger price burden than the minimal cost of these games.

If you are saying there is a lot of bloat in the public school system, I won't argue.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would wonder if you would see more bowls declined if the NCAA just allowed the extra practices for everyone

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would wonder if you would see more bowls declined if the NCAA just allowed the extra practices for everyone
They might but the Big10 doesn’t really allow someone to pass. And why reward teams for sucking ass with extra practices? It’s a joke that there are so many bowls now that sub .500 teams are getting bowl but let’s not give out participation trophies to shitty schools.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might but the Big10 doesn’t really allow someone to pass. And why reward teams for sucking ass with extra practices? It’s a joke that there are so many bowls now that sub .500 teams are getting bowl but let’s not give out participation trophies to shitty schools.

Well, don't they need more practice time?
I think SEC fans would agree that Tennessee needs more practice time than Bama.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, don't they need more practice time?
I think SEC fans would agree that Tennessee needs more practice time than Bama.
Why reward sucking?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think players would see it that way. Coaches, Yes.. Players, no..
So let’s give no incentives to playing well. Let’s stop keeping score as well so we can stop hurting people’s feelings while we are at it. Why practice for no game at all? So we can injure more players for no reason at all?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let’s give no incentives to playing well. Let’s stop keeping score as well so we can stop hurting people’s feelings while we are at it. Why practice for no game at all? So we can injure more players for no reason at all?

You should tell that to all professional sports leagues. Unless they changed things Philly drafted last and the Browns drafted first.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should tell that to all professional sports leagues. Unless they changed things Philly drafted last and the Browns drafted first.
According to you those players don’t want to practice anyways, so why make them?

Sprinkles are for winners.
only-winners-get-kbfn2u.jpg

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to you those players don’t want to practice anyways, so why make them?

Sprinkles are for winners.
only-winners-get-kbfn2u.jpg

Just pointing out that almost every professional league encourages competitiveness. Does this mean you think Philly should have had the first pick in the NFL draft?

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I gave you two choices and you only addressed one.

Either there will be less games against high level teams AND/OR you won't see teams playing stars in OOC games.

You will not see powerhouse out of conference games again in that system. And that is pure 100% fact. There would be no reason to risk hurting your stars for games that are now entirely exhibition. Period.

Kids don't go to school to sit on the fucking bench. They go to compete and to play. You improve playing against the best, not
the worst. You don't honestly believe that good players are
going to sit on the bench for good games...do you?

And a BIG BULL SHIT...to your remarks of..."You will not see
powerhouse out of conference games again in that system. And that is pure 100% fact." That is nowhere near fact...just your stupid, fucking opinion.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this premise it just wrong. Injuries are unpredictable. I don't think teams get injured more vs lesser opponents. I would argue things like concussions are more likely vs a rival or big time opponent, as the level of emotions are higher. An opponent falling on your leg and blowing out your MCL, is just random.

I don't believe that about concussions, one bit. You are aware in
big games and you mentally prepare for big hits. Now, I'll agree
to injuries happening at random, but if you are not focused against
some lightweight and he blindsides you, you will have prolonged headaches.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kids don't go to school to sit on the fucking bench. They go to compete and to play. You improve playing against the best, not

powerhouse out of conference games again in that system. And that is pure 100% fact." That is nowhere near fact...just your stupid, fucking opinion.
Have you missed the bowl games the last few years? Players are skipping and faking injuries to avoid playing in big games all the time now.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me break it down for you.
University X
Gets 1 million in bowl payouts, but loses 200k on their bowl. University X made 800k that year. They would have made 1 million by staying home. Playing the bowl game was a negative, despite finishing the year in the black. I am not sure why that concept is so hard to grasp

And I'm not sure now if you are trolling, not paying attention, or just plain stupid. It's one of those.

There is no way it ends up where any of them were better off not going. I have listed many reasons, none the least are the extra 15 practices. You tell their HC that they would have been better off for keeping an extra 200k, but you won't have any more chances to work on your team for next year until spring. There are quite a few other very solid reasons.

You really aren't strong at math either.

First of all, as has been explained to you, they get their $1m payout, but their league gets several more which they then also still get a cut of back. Do you not get that? And without them going to that bowl, that extra money doesn't come to them anyway. None of their conference gets that bump. Now if you need more help with math, they also had other conf members that likely came out even or maybe a bit lower on theirs and also added more to the fund that even team 'x' now gets a piece of. Any of this sinking in sport? You need help with how pooled money works.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you missed the bowl games the last few years? Players are skipping and faking injuries to avoid playing in big games all the time now.

Yeah...because they want to be ready for the combine. Their careers
in college are over.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And you think players have a say in who takes the ball on any given snap? Are you really that new to college football?

There only has to be one time where a key player is hurt in a non con game that had no impact on post season play before HC's stop putting those stars at risk.

They already pull them early against scrub teams to develop that backup talent. You see the stars now in big games because those big games matter. Once they are entirely exhibition they no longer matter. And that isn't an opinion, it's pure fact. Your system cannot work without destroying the idea of OOC games. Either go to 12 against your own league or you end up with NFL style preseason. There is no way one of those two things isn't the outcome.