• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

12 games that will decide 2018

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucy-Hale-No-Idea-Whats-Going-On-Here-Reaction-Gif.gif
I took it has he was saying Auburn & Washington weren't legit. I apologize if I'm wrong.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took it has he was saying Auburn & Washington weren't legit. I apologize if I'm wrong.
No, he’s saying that there is a PAC game other than USC v Notre Dame.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pointed it out because the other guy mentioned only 1 Pac 12 team involved in it so I pointed out Washington also being there.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Ohio State - TCU. Two top 10 team from 2017 matching up evidently isn't a big deal, but Clemson facing a 7-6 team from last year makes the list? Please.

That would be because TCU is not expected to be a top 10 team in 2018. Also, FSU almost always gives Clemson a tough game, and the Seminoles are expected to be vastly over-rated next season.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking the games in chronological order:

(Sep. 1) Michigan at Notre Dame - an early-season bellweather game where both teams will probably be ranked higher than they will actually finish; Auburn vs Washington - the winner here will be looking good for a while. Could be a springboard to the playoffs for UW if they can run the table in the Pac. Auburn has much tougher games ahead;

(Sep. 2) Miami vs LSU - another game where the winner will be looking good - for a while. LSU will get eaten alive in the SEC West, and Miami is not likely to make the playoffs.

(Sep. 29) Ohio St. at Penn St. - both teams should be contenders at this point. The winner might go on to take the B-10 East.

(Oct. 13) Wisconsin at Michigan - The Badgers have trouble winning road games against the contenders from the East - but who says the Wolverines will really be contenders this year?

(Oct. 27) Clemson at FSU - I don't think the Seminoles will be a top 10 team this year, but that doesn't mean they won't be able to take the Tigers down. Clemson seems to find a way to lose a game every year, and this could be it (but I doubt it).

(Nov. 10) Ohio St. at Michigan St. - this could be a good game, but both teams have a habit of running hot-and-cold. The Big 10 east could be on the line again; Auburn at Georgia - this could be a pair of unbeatens squaring off, but I believe at least one of the teams will have a loss on its record by now.

(Nov. 23) Oklahoma at West Virginia - I doubt the Mountaineers will be in the playoff picture by this point, but they could be in a position to knock the Sooners out of contention.

(Nov. 24) Notre Dame at USC - both teams will probably have at least one loss on its resume by now - maybe more. They could be fighting to stay in or get into the top 10; Michigan at Ohio St. - the Wolverines will be out of the playoff picture by now and may be fighting to keep the Buckeyes out, as well; Auburn at Alabama - the Tigers may well have two losses by now, but they will be trying to keep Alabama out of the SEC Championship game. It is unlikely that Alabama will have as many sidelined players coming into this game as they did in 2017.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m pretty sure he meant Petersen isn’t a top 10 coach.
Sorry, Alabama, but Clemson is the new No. 1 in Way-Too-Early Top 25

10. West Virginia
Previous Way-Too-Early rank: 10
2017 record: 7-6, 5-4 Big 12
Returning starters: Seven offense, seven defense, two special teams

Key losses: RB Justin Crawford, WR Ka'Raun White, G Kyle Bosch, LB Al-Rasheed Benton, LB Elijah Battle, S Kyzir White, CB Mike Daniels Jr.

Outlook: As soon as quarterback Will Grier and All-American receiver David Sills V announced that they were returning for their senior seasons, West Virginia became Oklahoma's biggest threat in the Big 12. There's no doubt that the Mountaineers are going to score a lot of points this coming season. With Sills, Gary Jennings and Alabama transfer T.J. Simmons, the Mountaineers might have the best receiving corps in the country in 2018.

But West Virginia has to continue to improve on defense to become a legitimate Big 12 title contender. The Mountaineers open the season against Tennessee in Charlotte, and they play Kansas State, TCU and Oklahoma at home in Big 12 play.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, Alabama, but Clemson is the new No. 1 in Way-Too-Early Top 25

10. West Virginia
Previous Way-Too-Early rank: 10
2017 record: 7-6, 5-4 Big 12
Returning starters: Seven offense, seven defense, two special teams

Key losses: RB Justin Crawford, WR Ka'Raun White, G Kyle Bosch, LB Al-Rasheed Benton, LB Elijah Battle, S Kyzir White, CB Mike Daniels Jr.

Outlook: As soon as quarterback Will Grier and All-American receiver David Sills V announced that they were returning for their senior seasons, West Virginia became Oklahoma's biggest threat in the Big 12. There's no doubt that the Mountaineers are going to score a lot of points this coming season. With Sills, Gary Jennings and Alabama transfer T.J. Simmons, the Mountaineers might have the best receiving corps in the country in 2018.

But West Virginia has to continue to improve on defense to become a legitimate Big 12 title contender. The Mountaineers open the season against Tennessee in Charlotte, and they play Kansas State, TCU and Oklahoma at home in Big 12 play.

The title fits, WAY-TOO-EARLY RANK

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As expected, Michigan is the most important team that determines the entire CFB season....duh

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As expected, Michigan is the most important team that determines the entire CFB season....duh

As in, which contender is gonna fuck up and lose to Michigan?