• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

11 warriors

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Bailer to start it's OWN dang confrence, the uh...the...mmmm...the SWACC! South Western Association of Christian Colleges! It'll be super awesome, it'll have usssss.....TCUuuuuuu....Dallas Baptist Universityyyy....Abileeeeeeene...Hardin-Simmonssssssss.....

And we'll have a whole BUNCH of super-duper trophy and rivalry games. Abilene and Hardin-Simmons can play for the Mayor's trophy; DBU and East Texas Baptist can play for the Golden Communion Cup; the conference winner will receive the Bronze Pastor's Study Bible.

The rest of you can all go to hell.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is just the fact that Texas and ND are the biggest names not to be wed to strong conferences, so anytime some crack pot gets a theory on expansion Texas or ND are likely to be mentioned. You dont get a lot of traffic saying Houston is moving conferences

^^^^Round about way of saying the Big 12 is chopped liver.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever you do, don't go out looking for a better and more stable conference. Sips hate the shit out of that.

LOL, yet Aggy and SMU were the main culprits for the SWC failing due to their cheating ways and Aggy was always voting in favor of unequal revenue sharing while in the Big 12. You the pot or the kettle?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^Round about way of saying the Big 12 is chopped liver.
-
I never claimed the Big 12 was great, but your obsession is noted. Plays pretty good football. Usually finishes top 3 amongst conference rankings, last year being an exception. That said it has its limitations. One of the smallest populations of any conference. No major mkts outside of Texas. Business wise it is a poor investment, but at least the quality of football surpasses the limitations. Basically, its the antithesis of the ACC

Last edited by a moderator:

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
I never claimed the Big 12 was great, but your obsession is noted. Plays pretty good football. Usually finishes top 3 amongst conference rankings, last year being an exception. That said it has its limitations. One of the smallest populations of any conference. No major mkts outside of Texas. Business wise it is a poor investment, but at least the quality of football surpasses the limitations. Basically, its the antithesis of the ACC

I'm just enjoying your flip flops.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just enjoying your flip flops.
-
I think you just enjoy the voices in your head, because that has always been my stance. You can choose to continue with your stupidity if you like. Even back on CBS, I was all for a move to the PAC.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
I think you just enjoy the voices in your head, because that has always been my stance. You can choose to continue with your stupidity if you like. Even back on CBS, I was all for a move to the PAC.

I know yet deny it didn't happen because Texas wouldn't give up the LHN and for the PAC it was a deal breaker.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know yet deny it didn't happen because Texas wouldn't give up the LHN and for the PAC it was a deal breaker.

For someoen that loves to throw his religion around, you sure do lie a lot

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kinda low don't you think?

if the shoe fits.We all know there was not even a LHN in 2010. Whats the pt of going through this nonsense for the 100th time. Its getting tiresome hearing you claim that I said all kinds of nonsense. Troll away, but no need to continually make up BS

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas turns down Pac-10 invitation, will stay in Big 12 - Los Angeles Times

notice that it is written in 2010, not 2011. Not mention your article says the PAC would not do any special deals, despite the fact that both UCLA and USC received special deals and Utah was not treated as an equal member. Its all about the truth.

The truth is I didn't lie as you accused me and considering it's an ESPN article and ESPN is a partner in the LHN my money is they got the story correct. What they were willing to do with USC & UCLA in order to get the network started is irrelevant to what they are willing to do to admit new members. This all boils down to conflicts on rights between the PAC Network and the LHN thus the reason Texas is not in the PAC.

Now have enough integrity to admit it.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The truth is I didn't lie as you accused me and considering it's an ESPN article and ESPN is a partner in the LHN my money is they got the story correct. What they were willing to do with USC & UCLA in order to get the network started is irrelevant to what they are willing to do to admit new members. This all boils down to conflicts on rights between the PAC Network and the LHN thus the reason Texas is not in the PAC.

Now have enough integrity to admit it.

That article is about a completely different time period. I said LHN was not even around. You responded with an article that is 1 year after that 2010 negotiation. Again it is completely intellectually dishonest. Something that seems to have become a trend with you. It is fact LHN had nothing to do with Texas not going to the PAC in 2010.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, Texas told the PAC 10 Larry Scott about the LHN negotiations.

Larry Scott -- Longhorn Network will keep Texas from joining Pac-12 - ESPN

Pac-10 commisioner Larry Scott: 'Tsunami of Texas political pressure' led to deal falling apart | Dallas Morning News

R. Bowen Loftin's Book on the time in the Big 12 in 2010.

Loftin's book reveals inside look at realignment - Columbia Daily Tribune | Columbia Missouri: Mu

Larry Scott blames Texas for downfall of deal in 2010

Scott blames Texas

It has been reported that Texas was dissatisfied that it may not have been able to launch its own network if it joined the Pac-10. Scott said that issue was overblown and that something could have been worked out.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That article is about a completely different time period. I said LHN was not even around. You responded with an article that is 1 year after that 2010 negotiation. Again it is completely intellectually dishonest. Something that seems to have become a trend with you. It is fact LHN had nothing to do with Texas not going to the PAC in 2010.

The Pac-12 wasn't going to dismiss a possible pod-system of four four-team subdivisions for scheduling purposes, but wouldn't agree to giving Texas favored treatment. Texas has its own network, the Longhorn Network, which is operated by ESPN. If Texas supported equal revenue sharing, then that would have meant more regional networks for the Pac-12 and even more money. But Texas wasn't willing to do that, according to the source.

The above in bold is a direct quote from the ESPN article no way Texas wasn't in LHN negotiations with ESPN in 2010 and the NETWORK revenue sharing was the issue why Texas did not join the PAC. That agrees with everything I posted so it is not made up and it is not BS.

There is nothing intellectually dishonest with anything I've posted it just doesn't agree with how you personally want to view the events so you're lashing out making personal remarks and trying to discredit the content. That is not only intellectually dishonest on your part but a pretty petty way to deflect and spin.

I really don't see what has your panties are in such a wad because I'm pretty sure by now you realize the LHN is not worth the opportunities it has cost Texas even if you won't publicly admit it.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pac-10 commisioner Larry Scott: 'Tsunami of Texas political pressure' led to deal falling apart | Dallas Morning News

Loftin's book reveals inside look at realignment - Columbia Daily Tribune | Columbia Missouri: Mu

Scott blames Texas

It has been reported that Texas was dissatisfied that it may not have been able to launch its own network if it joined the Pac-10. Scott said that issue was overblown and that something could have been worked out.

"Larry Scott is Intellectually Dishonest" - Coda

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From 2011

Scott blames Texas

This one says Texas politics killed the deal and it was not LHN. Thanks for the link

Thx