• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10-2

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is why i kept saying you can't put too much weight on the texas game vs okla and texas game. it's why i suggested the committee wouldn't look at it the same as you were suggesting.

but what also surprises me is that baylor doesn't look nearly as good as i thought they were either.

Baylor haven't been the same since their starter went down for the season funny how that works.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man does Alabama look beatable it really sucks because I honestly think Notre Dame would and could beat any of the 4 teams that are going to make into the playoff.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is why i kept saying you can't put too much weight on the texas game vs okla and texas game. it's why i suggested the committee wouldn't look at it the same as you were suggesting.

but what also surprises me is that baylor doesn't look nearly as good as i thought they were either.
see i look at it the other way. if we won last week the committee would be very impressed with ND win over texas especially a blow out.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if we're looking for DC candidates, cross Iowa's off the list. Much. St. has a 20 play almost 8 minute drive for the win.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor haven't been the same since their starter went down for the season funny how that works.
Winner winner…… thats why it was impressive what ND did and they did it with their 3rd string QB.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i
Man does Alabama look beatable it really sucks because I honestly think Notre Dame would and could beat any of the 4 teams that are going to make into the playoff.

I agree 100%. MSU isn't that good, Oklahoma is on fire right now, Bama is beatable and Clemson We already showed we were better by out playing them at their place. They just lucky with some plays. Overall I agree ND can beat any of those 4 teams.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i

I agree 100%. MSU isn't that good, Oklahoma is on fire right now, Bama is beatable and Clemson We already showed we were better by out playing them at their place. They just lucky with some plays. Overall I agree ND can beat any of those 4 teams.

and yet ......

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what sucks if we beat stanford we had a good shot at making it. MSU jumping oklahoma it showed the texas loss hurt them. committee didnt like that loss. MSU had a better loss.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and yet ......

And yet what? we already established that Notre Dame lost and how that eliminated them. Were talking about the quality of the teams that made the playoffs. If you think any are a great deal if any better than Notre Dame your a fool.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fiesta Bowl vs Ohio State should be a good one.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what sucks if we beat stanford we had a good shot at making it. MSU jumping oklahoma it showed the texas loss hurt them. committee didnt like that loss. MSU had a better loss.

_OR_

the committee wanted bama and okla as the title game.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet what? we already established that Notre Dame lost and how that eliminated them. Were talking about the quality of the teams that made the playoffs. If you think any are a great deal if any better than Notre Dame your a fool.

you ignorance of my statement was no excuse for rudeness.

and it's YOU'RE!

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you ignorance of my statement was no excuse for rudeness.

and it's YOU'RE!

Not being rude speaking the truth. If You think that Notre Dame couldn't beat any of the 4 teams that made the playoffs than you are a fool. I established a few years ago that is what I thought of you and you've done little to change my mind.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not being rude speaking the truth. If You think that Notre Dame couldn't beat any of the 4 teams that made the playoffs than you are a fool. I established a few years ago that is what I thought of you and you've done little to change my mind.

ok ... i can play this game. if you believe i didn't think nd was capable of beating any remaining team then YOU are the fool.

and btw, why should i bother trying to change your mind? what makes you think you're important enough to me for that?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok ... i can play this game. if you believe i didn't think nd was capable of beating any remaining team then YOU are the fool.

and btw, why should i bother trying to change your mind? what makes you think you're important enough to me for that?

Never said you needed to just pointed out that you haven't. From the way you have posted for the past 2 or 3 weeks I'm not so sure that you do think Notre Dame could beat Clemson, Alabama, Michigan State, or Oklahoma so I guess that makes me a fool.

Last edited:

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I didn't know better I wouldn't think you were a fan of the team. With that said you know too much about the team and past teams to not be a fan.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I didn't know better I wouldn't think you were a fan of the team. With that said you know too much about the team and past teams to not be a fan.

your problem is you think all fans should be the same rah rah variety as yourself. maybe when you're a bit older you'll understand.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your problem is you think all fans should be the same rah rah variety as yourself. maybe when you're a bit older you'll understand.

No I'm not rah rah, I've posted enough on here to not be that at least not all the time. I just don't understand how anyone can be overly critical of these kids with all the things that have happened this season. If someone had told me at the start of fall camp that they would lose Zaire, Folston, Jones, Smythe, Crawford, Tranquill, Bars, Prosise, Russell, Onwalu, and Nelson for part/all of the season I would have been thrilled with 10-2 and the Fiesta Bowl vs. Ohio State. Sure I do lament the fact that they should be in the playoff because I feel they are probably the best team but I'm extremely happy with the game that they have. I'm pretty sure you aren't happy about the season or the bowl game that's my take on it.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said you needed to just pointed out that you haven't. From the way you have posted for the past 2 or 3 weeks I'm not so sure that you do think Notre Dame could beat Clemson, Alabama, Michigan State, or Oklahoma so I guess that makes me a fool.

doesn't take much to understand. we agree they lost by two points to clemson, right? at clemson! if the game had lasted 5 minutes more i'm fairly certain we would have won. what i'm angry at (if that's the right word) is that it took a whole half for kelly to figure out what he was doing wrong. just long enough to lose the game. something that many astute posters here saw before the end of the 1st quarter! you believe clemson can beat anybody in the mix, right? well, if i think nd could have beaten clemson, then why wouldn't i think they could beat anyone else? you aren't a fool ... but sometimes you don't really think things out. when i estimate how good nd is ... i consider very strongly the leadership. THAT is why i've not thought as highly of them as you have.

you get fogged over by my displeasure at seeing a team, MY team, under perform. i admit i'm more likely to criticize than compliment. for me it's just the way it is. when my car is working perfectly i don't give it much thought. i expect it. when it doesn't ..... i cuss it out! i enjoy good play as much as you do. i just don't get on here and keep saying what a great play it was all the time and i'm not as unrealistic about my team(s) as i used to be. i've learned to not make a fool of myself with ridiculous predictions. i find i'd rather keep my expectations low than thinking we're the best every year.

right now all i care about (besides another tournament going on right now) is beating the team i hate the most in all the world in the fiesta. i'm just hoping they play like they're capable of playing. if they do, they win.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I'm not rah rah, I've posted enough on here to not be that at least not all the time. I just don't understand how anyone can be overly critical of these kids with all the things that have happened this season. If someone had told me at the start of fall camp that they would lose Zaire, Folston, Jones, Smythe, Crawford, Tranquill, Bars, Prosise, Russell, Onwalu, and Nelson for part/all of the season I would have been thrilled with 10-2 and the Fiesta Bowl vs. Ohio State. Sure I do lament the fact that they should be in the playoff because I feel they are probably the best team but I'm extremely happy with the game that they have. I'm pretty sure you aren't happy about the season or the bowl game that's my take on it.

i can't do anything about the injuries. i look at the team as it stands and THAT is the team i root for. i forget the injuries. without all those players you mentioned, nd is still one of the best teams right now. so i expect performance. and i'm not happy when they play stupid.
and ... reflecting on the year .... i happy they finished in the top ten. they could have done better, but they didn't go 6-6. and you're wrong. i'm looking forward to beating osu and maybe getting into the top 5.