• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10-2

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't get me wrong @purguy12 I am glad we beat LSU, which was no pushover SEC team. But the Music City Bowl is not a premiere bowl game.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confident Notre Dame will be playing in the Peach or Fiesta Bowl.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im k wit either. I just want to play a good team. I don't want to play Houston or Iowa. Give us a test. I want to beat a Top team that missed the playoffs.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly Purguy I just want a win to the end the season on a high note and build more momentum into next season regardless of the team.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly Purguy I just want a win to the end the season on a high note and build more momentum into next season regardless of the team.
I hear what you are saying but what statement it would be if we beat OSU or UNC. FSU would be fun because of Golson. Houston or Iowa does not excite me.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear what you are saying but what statement it would be if we beat OSU or UNC. FSU would be fun because of Golson. Houston or Iowa does not excite me.

Of course but I'll take a win over the having a statement game. I think the team and coaches made a pretty good statement this year.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched video of Stanford's early 4th quarter TD and it should have been a penalty the pass catcher was covered up and illegally down field. Oh well it is what it is I hope karma catches up with the smug prick Shaw.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course but I'll take a win over the having a statement game. I think the team and coaches made a pretty good statement this year.
I think we need a statement win. We were 0-2 in statement games. Im a little shocked we are Ranked 8th. I want that 1 Big win. This team needs to know they can beat a top team going into next year.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really frustrated listing to BGI podcast. Brian Driskell's break down of the defense, he pointed out that in 24 Stanford pass attempts, at least 8, Okwara, our best pass rusher, was dropped into coverage. Maddening. A full third of pass plays our best pass rusher is not rushing the passer. Note I said at least. He said he wasn't specifically looking for that, he just noticed it on 8 pass attempts.

There is so much damning evidence that the scheme blows. Driskell is being too conciliatory, saying its not enitrely BVG's fault, the players own some of it too. I say bollocks. His scheme keeps our best atheletes off the field, and mis-uses the talent he has.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really frustrated listing to BGI podcast. Brian Driskell's break down of the defense, he pointed out that in 24 Stanford pass attempts, at least 8, Okwara, our best pass rusher, was dropped into coverage. Maddening. A full third of pass plays our best pass rusher is not rushing the passer. Note I said at least. He said he wasn't specifically looking for that, he just noticed it on 8 pass attempts.

There is so much damning evidence that the scheme blows. Driskell is being too conciliatory, saying its not enitrely BVG's fault, the players own some of it too. I say bollocks. His scheme keeps our best atheletes off the field, and mis-uses the talent he has.
Also why not rush Smith every once in awhile. I think I saw him rush the QB maybe 10 times the whole year. With Smith speed he would got a lot more sacks if we rushed him. I know he is our best LB defender but we should of rushed him more.

My biggest negative about VG is that his scheme let way too many Big plays and when a WR would have a big game he didn't adjust.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree he needs to adjust his scheme. I also get he tries to keep teams guessing by blitzing from many different positions but you need to get your best pass rusher involved more than he does. Also has anyone else seen the replay of Stanford's early 4th quarter TD that should have been a penalty that the refs missed?

Watch: Did Stanford score on illegal play against Notre Dame?

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give VG credit for defending the triple option but that wasn't even all him. Didn't they have a coach come consult how you stop it?

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give VG credit for defending the triple option but that wasn't even all him. Didn't they have a coach come consult how you stop it?
Yes. Bob Elliot, who was a coach, but took on more of a "consultant" role and therefore is not on the sidelines during games, specifically studied ways to defend the triple option and to come up with looks to keep the triple option offense guessing, because the key feature of it is adjusting on the go to what the defense shows you. Notice how many different formations we threw at Ga Tech and Navy? They were confused, although Navy scouted the Ga. Tech pretty well and went with mid-line attack, which is why their dive back hit so many long runs.

BK also put together the "swag" team to specifically run the triple option against the ones in practice.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just have to wait and see if Notre Dame is playing in the Peach Bowl, or Fiesta Bowl

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that a week goes by I had a good time to think about the season and it sucks that we are 2 plays away from being 12-0. Also sucks that we still couldn't win that big game. ND has been about almost winning the big game for a long time. We still can't get that Big win when we need it. The Positives I take away from this year is we went 8-0 at home. we took back that Home field advantage. The other positive we didn't lose that 1 game that we shouldn't have lost to a lesser opponent. These are Big positives for ND.

Question: When are we going to be at Home for a Big game. I feel like every time we need that Big win its away. If we played Stanford or Clemson at Home we would have won most likely(100%) in the Clemson game.

With all the injuries Im happy but I want a bowl game win and I hope its against a good team.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im watching this Texas game and this is 1 team that I think has improved a lot since we played them. This will not be a cake walk next year when we play them. They are starting to play well and they are doing it against good teams.

Also believe it or not by the end of the year ND can Finish in the Top 5 at the end of this. Overall not bad.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im watching this Texas game and this is 1 team that I think has improved a lot since we played them. This will not be a cake walk next year when we play them. They are starting to play well and they are doing it against good teams.

Also believe it or not by the end of the year ND can Finish in the Top 5 at the end of this. Overall not bad.
They've progresses all year long. Just ask Oklahoma. Switching quarterbacks helped. They had a good defense but I think their defense struggled because the offense was pulling their weight.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Completely agree. All this bluster about BVG's complex schemes is just that, bluster.

I'm sorry guys, you're either blitzing a LB, a Corner or a Safety, or a combination thereof. So complicated. We show blitz too early, we time our gaps badly at times and we fail to get home often. Dropping DL's into coverage is over-rated IMO, you can only do that with VERY talented DL, they need to have some speed and/or coverage skills. If a team is a dink and dunker type team, I suppose you could get away with it a bit but even then I don't and have never liked that philosophy. Players make that style work, not scheme. We certainly don't have the players. Hell even some of our LB's can't cover for sheise.

BVG needs to be shown the door, simple as that. Kelly had better or he may get a series of nasty tweets from me alone.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im watching this Texas game and this is 1 team that I think has improved a lot since we played them.

this is why i kept saying you can't put too much weight on the texas game vs okla and texas game. it's why i suggested the committee wouldn't look at it the same as you were suggesting.

but what also surprises me is that baylor doesn't look nearly as good as i thought they were either.