• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 10/11 NLDS Eyebrow vs Lackey

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller still sounds good. One of the few national broadcasters I miss.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha Giants completely melted down and it's hilarious seeing all their girly men fans cry about it.

Enjoy your humiliation folks.

:pound:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the time, I wanted Moore to stay in, but I understood taking him out after 120. I can't fault taking him out.

However, putting Law in was questionable. Law tossed two EMOTIONAL innings last night. Is bringing him in really the right move? If you don't have Moore, why not Kontos? He didn't pitch last night. How about Sammy? He was available.

Once Law allowed the hit, if he HAD to come out (why?) why bring in Lopez? Lopez (as stated) has been a hot mess all year. Smith would have been a MUCH better choice. It was L/S/L due up, and Smith actually pitches better to righties. He could have faced att three, and he has been pitching well lately.

But Lopez WAS brought in. And he allowed the walk. So now the switch hitter is up, and you THEN bring in the ROOGY closer? Who is a slider-pitcher who traditionally doesn't do great against lefties? Why not bring in Smith for the same reasons I spelled out above?

At this point, Boches moves were so jumbled, there wasn't any point in counter-thinking them. He just (IMHO) failed to recognize the change in the assets in the bully and managed like it was 2012.

Oh well. No one is perfect. Bochy had a very off year. He is allowed.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good season. This ending is no surprise, the Cubs are a great team and we have a terrible bullpen. We knew it would kill us in the playoffs and it did.

We have a great 1-4 rotation next year (and maybe 5 with Blach). Need to revamp the pen, and get one home run hitter.

Great season! Go hug your kids/wife/friends and enjoy life. We won 3 recently, this doesn't sting so much to me.

Still kind of a Yom Kippur gut punch. Thanks, Yahweh. :-)

Last edited:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the time, I wanted Moore to stay in, but I understood taking him out after 120. I can't fault taking him out.

However, putting Law in was questionable. Law tossed two EMOTIONAL innings last night. Is bringing him in really the right move? If you don't have Moore, why not Kontos? He didn't pitch last night. How about Sammy? He was available.

Once Law allowed the hit, if he HAD to come out (why?) why bring in Lopez? Lopez (as stated) has been a hot mess all year. Smith would have been a MUCH better choice. It was L/S/L due up, and Smith actually pitches better to righties. He could have faced att three, and he has been pitching well lately.

But Lopez WAS brought in. And he allowed the walk. So now the switch hitter is up, and you THEN bring in the ROOGY closer? Who is a slider-pitcher who traditionally doesn't do great against lefties? Why not bring in Smith for the same reasons I spelled out above?

At this point, Boches moves were so jumbled, there wasn't any point in counter-thinking them. He just (IMHO) failed to recognize the change in the assets in the bully and managed like it was 2012.

Oh well. No one is perfect. Bochy had a very off year. He is allowed.

Bochy wasn't great but let's be fair, he was scrambling to make the shit stew of a pen work. He pulled it off last night. Tonight he brought in guy after guy and they all failed.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About 20 other teams would have killed to be in our position, so let's back away from the ledge.

It was a good year, though ultimately unsatisfying.

We have some good young players, and some good, young pitchers, and some holes that need filling.

So who are you rooting for?

Even though I am an NL guy, I don't think I can root for the Dogs or Cubs. The Nats maybe. The AL teams look OK to me. I hate when the season ends like this.

ABD (Anyone But The Dodgers)

Second choice: Nats vs Jays in the WS. Nats win.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I typically don't want the curses to break. I think the stories are good for baseball.

But dayum, the Cubs are a GREAT team and the Indians are also solid. If it ends up being both of them, there are still tons of great stories to be told.

I am not sure yet, but I think I may be on team-Cubs.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I typically don't want the curses to break. I think the stories are good for baseball.

But dayum, the Cubs are a GREAT team and the Indians are also solid. If it ends up being both of them, there are still tons of great stories to be told.

I am not sure yet, but I think I may be on team-Cubs.

They are god damn elite. The best hitting duo in baseball, the deepest lineup, the best defense, a legit 1-5 rotation, elite closer, top bullpen, and the prefect manager to run that team. They are definitely the best team I've seen in years. It's not always the best team who wins, but there hasn't been a team this complete in a long time. And they're young. Hats off to them. I have a real close friend who's a Cubs fan, so I'll be rooting with him the rest of the way probably. It really is an easy team to like as a bystander.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are god damn elite. The best hitting duo in baseball, the deepest lineup, the best defense, a legit 1-5 rotation, elite closer, top bullpen, and the prefect manager to run that team. They are definitely the best team I've seen in years. It's not always the best team who wins, but there hasn't been a team this complete in a long time. And they're young. Hats off to them. I have a real close friend who's a Cubs fan, so I'll be rooting with him the rest of the way probably. It really is an easy team to like as a bystander.

I would be 100% on board with this if i weren't a vestigial White Sox fan. Sox fans HATE the Cubs (and Cub fans). I want the curse to live on, but not if it's the Dodgers doing it. And I won't mind that much if the Cubs pull it off.
Again, I'm just Anyone But Dodgers from here out.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad Hammer isn't here to rub our noses in it.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few teams would have made it this far with that bullpen. Credit to the will and fight of this team. Very unfortunate that the season had to end that way. Front office has a lot of work to do before next season.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except for Chapman.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually would have liked to see Casilla pitch the 9th there. He has the ability to get a ground ball and pitch to lefties at least, and he was fresh (unlike Romo). I'm kinda sad he probably on the way out the door, he's been our best reliever since 2010.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually would have liked to see Casilla pitch the 9th there. He has the ability to get a ground ball and pitch to lefties at least, and he was fresh (unlike Romo). I'm kinda sad he probably on the way out the door, he's been our best reliever since 2010.

If they gotta go, they gotta go, but I'm going to miss any long time Giant who leaves: Casilla, Lopez, Romo (all part of The Nine), even Blanco. Hell Matt Cain might only pitch a few more times for us.

Lots of turnover coming. We've already lost so many: Timmy, Panda, Affeldt. It's sad but it's part of the game.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just heard on KNBR that Casilla was weeping after the game.