• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice that Shitsburgh scored three goals in less than five minutes of the third period at Washington to absolutely steal game one.

I watched the whole game and the Caps should've won easily, but the fucking Pens got some quick strike offense and huge, timely saves just like they did against us.

That's a veteran team in D.C. too. As much as I wanted to see a different result, it just goes to show you that they do that shit to everyone, not just us. They always seem to make it look like they are extremely fortunate too.

Whatever you want to call it. When they need a giant save, Murray provides it. When they need a quick goal, they get a lucky bounce or a fluke deflection and it's done.

You take five minutes off out of a 60 minutes game and the fucking game is over by the end of it. Opportunistic as fuck and it's so annoying to watch.

So much the bold. I respect Sid's talent, but jesus do his points look lucky. The Guentzel goal last night, Crosby just threw a soft flub the net and it deflect perfectly off Guentzel's stick to go through the only hole in Holtby, under the arm. How many times does that happen for the Pens? And on Crosby's goal, what are the chances the OV not only doesn't pick off that pass, but gets just enough on it to settle it down for Crosby to shoot it. Over and over and over they score goals like this is infuriating.

Obviously there's something to be said for getting the pucks to the net and getting bodies to the net. Crosby does the first like no other, and he's had linemates his whole career doing the second. Drives me crazy.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Flyers making an impact huge trade. We have so much depth on D that is on the cusp. I really think Hextall will pull the trigger on a number 1 goalie somewhere. Use the cap space for some scoring depth and a veteran D man

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much the bold. I respect Sid's talent, but jesus do his points look lucky. The Guentzel goal last night, Crosby just threw a soft flub the net and it deflect perfectly off Guentzel's stick to go through the only hole in Holtby, under the arm. How many times does that happen for the Pens? And on Crosby's goal, what are the chances the OV not only doesn't pick off that pass, but gets just enough on it to settle it down for Crosby to shoot it. Over and over and over they score goals like this is infuriating.

Obviously there's something to be said for getting the pucks to the net and getting bodies to the net. Crosby does the first like no other, and he's had linemates his whole career doing the second. Drives me crazy.

This is why I am forever sour that they tanked multiple seasons in a row to get generational talent in the draft. They don't do any of this shit without Crosby. He is the fuel that makes the engine run.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have a goalie at number 3 so good luck watching a team get bounced out of the 1st round every year lol.

It's all timing SF. Elliot isn't a stud, but he's not terrible. He wasn't healthy this postseason, but he's been fairly durable over his career. IF they enter the post season with Elliot in net, so be it. But there's lots of ways that can change between now and then without trading major assets and committing major cap space for top 5 goalies.

1. They could make a buy move at the deadline next season. Mike Smith is one that comes to my mind if the Flames are out of the playoff picture at the deadline.

2. They could make a move on a guy that split time this year with good numbers. Grubauer outplayed Holtby most of the season, but the Caps might be stuck with Holtby and his contract. Grubauer is RFA this summer. Holtby is signed through 2020 for 6.1. To be honest, I'd be OK trading for either, pending the cost.

3. Sign a free agent. Carter Hutton had a .931 sv% and a 2.09 GAA this season over 32 games. He's 32 and probably wouldn't require big money or big length.

4. Hart tears up the AHL for the first half of next season and pulls a Murray/Price and takes the NHL starting job at a very young age.

Just because I have it at 3, doesn't mean I wouldn't do any of those. But I'm far more concerned about them addressing C and D than I am addressing G. IMO they can be more competitive next season than they were this season with a better 3C and a better top 4 D. I'm not sure a better G helps that much if all else remains the same. He'll still have to deal with the mediocre depth on the ice in front of him.

Do they win a cup with Elliot? Probably not. I know people don't like to hear this, but you don't go from bubble playoff team to cup very often. It takes time. Every season you look for improvement to the point where you are a perennial contender. The Flyers are on that track, just have to keep going along it and not derail things looking for the magic bullet.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all timing SF. Elliot isn't a stud, but he's not terrible. He wasn't healthy this postseason, but he's been fairly durable over his career. IF they enter the post season with Elliot in net, so be it. But there's lots of ways that can change between now and then without trading major assets and committing major cap space for top 5 goalies.

1. They could make a buy move at the deadline next season. Mike Smith is one that comes to my mind if the Flames are out of the playoff picture at the deadline.

2. They could make a move on a guy that split time this year with good numbers. Grubauer outplayed Holtby most of the season, but the Caps might be stuck with Holtby and his contract. Grubauer is RFA this summer. Holtby is signed through 2020 for 6.1. To be honest, I'd be OK trading for either, pending the cost.

3. Sign a free agent. Carter Hutton had a .931 sv% and a 2.09 GAA this season over 32 games. He's 32 and probably wouldn't require big money or big length.

Just because I have it at 3, doesn't mean I would do any of those. But I'm far more concerned about them addressing C and D than I am addressing G. IMO they can be more competitive next season than they were this season with a better 3C and a better top 4 D. I'm not sure a better G helps that much if all else remains the same. He'll still have to deal with the mediocre depth on the ice in front of him.

That and a healthy Stolarz or a young Hart could step up late and steal the show. You just don't know. We've seen it happen before time and time again in the history of this league.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think a lot will depend if we end up getting the 2nd 1st rounder from St Louis this year

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think a lot will depend if we end up getting the 2nd 1st rounder from St Louis this year

You think they'll use it in a trade rap? I could see that and I'm not opposed to it.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully expect Hexy to trade up in the draft and get one of the top wingers, but we shall see. Basically, we need more quality than quantity right now when it comes to prospects.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Dell is another guy that had a decent season (.913/2.64 over 23) that you could look at. He's signed a couple more years on the cheap.

Saros in Nashville (.925/2.45 over 26) another one. RFA this summer.

Lots of options.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully expect Hexy to trade up in the draft and get one of the top wingers, but we shall see.

Wahlstrom is very intriguing. Obviously Zadina and Svechnikov are too, but I don't see them going up that high.

I think I'd rather trade it for 'now' help though TBH. I still preach patience, but I think this summer is the summer to start turning the page from rebuilding to building a contender.

Wahlstrom is committed to Harvard and college guys don't seem to go 1 and done typically. So he's 2+ years away from an impact probably.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you and the Majority of experts on here ("You know, the one guy who posts articles he's read and thinks he's a hockey guru, lol") have a goalie at number 3 so good luck watching a team get bounced out of the 1st round every year lol. But hey I haven't been watching the Flyers for 23 years like some of the old timers lol, I'm only on year 44 watching them so maybe one day I'll understand as much as our board wanna be pro lol. Other than that I hope Hart turns out to be a stud but if I was a player, I wouldn't be to optimistic coming into next season with an Elliot/Neuvy Combo. So realistically our first cup run actually starts in 2020 so why are we all wasting time here arguing about shit NONE of us know about and are just speculating?
:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think they'll use it in a trade rap? I could see that and I'm not opposed to it.

I really do. Hextall being a former player knows that the core of this team deserves to be rewarded with help now.
We are in a position that we can afford to trade picks and or assets and still have a full cupboard.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salty Vagina much, don't be jealous it doesn't suit you. Let me know when you get that analysis job by the way lol..You're a fuckin joke on all levels, go buy a fuckin sense of humor..
This clown actually said he could get a paid job on TV analyzing hockey but he chooses to post here. :doh: