• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see it and agree 100% that's the best d lineup the Flyers can ice. Also think that's a d-corp I would roll with and deal with the growing pains.

If you're Hextall, this is a stupid issue to have since you could fire him, but do you trust Hak to put that group out there on a consistent basis?

Screw it, i'm convinced. Top 4 dman drops down my list. 3C is my new #1.

Morgan Frost. Yes you heard it here first!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Filpula note concerns me a little, but sounds like Hextall will use him as a backup plan if they can't get an upgrade on 3C. I'm cool with that I guess.

More concerning is the whole coaching staff will be back. If Lappy is running the PK come September I will start calling for Hextall's head.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morgan Frost. Yes you heard it here first!

A lot of people seem to think he's too small to nail down a C spot in the NHL next season. Sounds like most people say he's generously listed at 180. Obviously a big offseason regimen could add some muscle, but that's pretty light for a 6 foot center.

Very similar Draft +1 season to Konecny, but being on the wing gives a little more leniency for a 175 lb guy.

But, you never know. I'd love to see it obviously. After Hart, Frost is the guy i'm most excited about.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is going to make a big move at some point.

just have a feeling

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people seem to think he's too small to nail down a C spot in the NHL next season. Sounds like most people say he's generously listed at 180. Obviously a big offseason regimen could add some muscle, but that's pretty light for a 6 foot center.

Very similar Draft +1 season to Konecny, but being on the wing gives a little more leniency for a 175 lb guy.

But, you never know. I'd love to see it obviously. After Hart, Frost is the guy i'm most excited about.
I have read articles stating that Frost is to small to play on the big squad also. Maybe he bulks up this summer because he will know a spot may be open for him.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Letera played great in the last 30 games of the season and in the playoffs

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if you call 3 goals and 5 points in the last 30 games great than yeah he played great.

Its not just about goals and assists all of the time
He played his role well and was reliable in doing so.

Having said that his cap hit is 4.7 and that is way to much. If they can move on from him and save money then they should.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not just about goals and assists all of the time
He played his role well and was reliable in doing so.

Having said that his cap hit is 4.7 and that is way to much. If they can move on from him and save money then they should.
Played his role well ill agree with. That's a lot different from playing great which is what you called him in the earlier post.

I will also agree that we need to move on from him and his 4.7 million.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played his role well ill agree with. That's a lot different from playing great which is what you called him in the earlier post.

I will also agree that we need to move on from him and his 4.7 million.

This is a low bar, but I thought Lehtera was more useful than Filpula just about every game aside from Game 5 of the playoffs. Lehtera in a true 4th line role doesn't bother me (aside from the outrageous cap hit of course). Heck, Filpula in a true 4th line role doesn't bother me either. My concern is Hak using them as a 3rd line or worse, 2nd line, which he did at times.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a low bar, but I thought Lehtera was more useful than Filpula just about every game aside from Game 5 of the playoffs. Lehtera in a true 4th line role doesn't bother me (aside from the outrageous cap hit of course). Heck, Filpula in a true 4th line role doesn't bother me either. My concern is Hak using them as a 3rd line or worse, 2nd line, which he did at times.

Were are splitting hairs here. Both players are a huge waste of ice.

You better get used to Haks moves bad or good. I dont think Hexy will let him go very easy as he is Hexy selection and letting him go would be admitting a mistake.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were are splitting hairs here. Both players are a huge waste of ice.

You better get used to Haks moves bad or good. I dont think Hexy will let him go very easy as he is Hexy selection and letting him go would be admitting a mistake.

Oh ya i'm used to it. That's why I say they should add a top 4D and get a veteran upgrade at 3C. I don't think Hak will play a better player if he's a rookie and the inferior guy is a veteran. He's proven that time and time again, so might as well plan for it and sign veterans who don't suck to fill those spots.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slight change of topics, but curious for those in the conversation. How would you rate the Flyers biggest needs to be a cup contender next season?

For me, it's
1. Top 4 dman
2. 3C
3. Goalie
4. Scoring winger
This is my opinion, you have to at least be able to offer some kind of shut down and help your goalie face easier shot, angles etc.