• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay fellas next topic up for grabs is coaching.

Besides Awaz and I, is there any body else who may think Haks is/isn't the answer and who could be brought in to push it all over the top?? It's a toss up for me because the players haven't given any sign they don't trust him, but on the other hand he's done some real head scratching stuff, is that part of his learning curve to? I just don't know but I would def say yes to a Vert coach with real credentials for winning.

Even though you said I couldn't answer.

No. :)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that they're keeping Lappy is very alarming. The PK is dogshit. The PK has been dogshit. The PK will probably be dogshit again next season.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that they're keeping Lappy is very alarming. The PK is dogshit. The PK has been dogshit. The PK will probably be dogshit again next season.
Yea that really needs a strong fix, again we find ourselves looking at more gaps than originally thought at times lol.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would you target?

That one is harder to put my research to! :lol:

From an article on the Rangers talking about replacing Vigneault

Lindy Ruff - No thanks
Dan Bylsma - No thanks
Daryl Suter - No thanks
Sheldon Keefe - Don't know him. Marlies (AHL) coach apparently.
Jim Montgomery - U of Denver coach. Probably don't want to go the college route again.
Alain Vigneault - I might be OK with this. He was fairly successful with the Canucks, just couldn't take them all the way.

In house, I still think they hired Knoblach as the 'next guy', so maybe him? His work with the PP this season wasn't overly inspiring though. And frankly he looks identical to Hak and i'm not sure I can handle that!

They could go get Lavy back. Damn Preds have everything I want :(

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He'll either lose his job or the penalty kill will improve, so it will work itself out in the end. Not too worried about it.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay fellas next topic up for grabs is coaching.

Besides Awaz and I, is there any body else who may think Haks is/isn't the answer and who could be brought in to push it all over the top?? It's a toss up for me because the players haven't given any sign they don't trust him, but on the other hand he's done some real head scratching stuff, is that part of his learning curve to? I just don't know but I would def say yes to a Vert coach with real credentials for winning.
I'm still undecided about Hak? I will give him 1 more year and decide at seasons end. I'm not a huge fan as of now though.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one is harder to put my research to! :lol:

From an article on the Rangers talking about replacing Vigneault

Lindy Ruff - No thanks
Dan Bylsma - No thanks
Daryl Suter - No thanks
Sheldon Keefe - Don't know him. Marlies (AHL) coach apparently.
Jim Montgomery - U of Denver coach. Probably don't want to go the college route again.
Alain Vigneault - I might be OK with this. He was fairly successful with the Canucks, just couldn't take them all the way.

In house, I still think they hired Knoblach as the 'next guy', so maybe him? His work with the PP this season wasn't overly inspiring though. And frankly he looks identical to Hak and i'm not sure I can handle that!

They could go get Lavy back. Damn Preds have everything I want :(
I still am curious if Mike Keenan would be interested or if the Flyers would be interested? He has a drill instructor mentality which may work for a younger group. Just my opinion.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still undecided about Hak? I will give him 1 more year and decide at seasons end. I'm not a huge fan as of now though.

The one thing I will say, even though his lineup decisions on a nightly basis drive me bonkers, the young guys have developed. Konecny, Provorov, Ghost, Patrick, Sanheim all got better from last year to this year or as the season went along. Hagg was pretty even I would say. Some of that is just players getting used to the NHL, but I think you have to credit the coaches with that some too.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still am curious if Mike Keenan would be interested or if the Flyers would be interested? He has a drill instructor mentality which may work for a younger group. Just my opinion.

Eh. He hasn't been out of the first round of the NHL playoffs since '96. He won the KHL in '14 which is something, but..

I'm not sold on him.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hakstol appears to be adept at developing young talent, so why not let all of our young talent that paid their dues in the minors and earned a roster spot dress?

He's going to have to lean less on some of the fringe veterans and more on the younger players with much higher ceilings here soon.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hakstol appears to be adept at developing young talent, so why not let all of our young talent that paid their dues in the minors and earned a roster spot dress?

He's going to have to lean less on some of the fringe veterans and more on the younger players with much higher ceilings here soon.

Hextall noted that a little bit in his press conference. Talked about how Provorov, Ghost, etc have another year under their belts and are quickly becoming 'vets'. Also said there's a big difference between Hagg, who spent 3 years in the AHL, and a guy fresh out of juniors.

So hopefully that's true and we see a lot less 'I'm a veteran because i'm old but I suck, play me anyway' on the ice next season.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hextall noted that a little bit in his press conference. Talked about how Provorov, Ghost, etc have another year under their belts and are quickly becoming 'vets'. Also said there's a big difference between Hagg, who spent 3 years in the AHL, and a guy fresh out of juniors.

So hopefully that's true and we see a lot less 'I'm a veteran because i'm old but I suck, play me anyway' on the ice next season.

If guys like Sanheim and Myers get some experience under their belt via on the job training and are coached up, we're going to forget about vets like Manning, Gudas and possibly even MacDonald in a hurry. The kids are going to be far better players. We have a treasure chest of talent on the blue line, but it has yet to be fully opened. We just peek inside every now and then.

Quit fucking around and let them play.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hexy wont get rid of Haks unless its imperative because he brought in Haks.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hexy wont get rid of Haks unless its imperative because he brought in Haks.
True. But if the Flyers start off slumping early next season, Hextall will fire him. He wouldn't really have a choice. I don't think that is going to happen anyway. Hak is still learning the NHL, even in his 3rd season as HC.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be good with that. Wonder what it would take, the Preds are in such good shape it's hard to know what to trade them! Good on cap space. Young. Incredible defensive talent, good offensive talent.

Jerks.

I expect he'd be hard to pry away. Good numbers at 23 years old and Rinne is 35.

So with this logic why would we go after a 23 year old when we have hart at 20 that nobody wants to trade away?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But if the Flyers start off slumping early next season, Hextall will fire him. He wouldn't really have a choice. I don't think that is going to happen anyway. Hak is still learning the NHL, even in his 3rd season as HC.
We start off slow every year. This was the first time we've started off pretty good in a long time and it led to a 10 game losing streak