• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#1 Pens vs. #7 Sens---2nd round series thread

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Senators have better D, PK and goaltending than the Islanders, so that's a big advantage for them. But can the Senators force turnovers the way the Islanders did? That's the key against the Pens IMO. If you can get guys like Niskanen panicking, or Letang/Malkin forcing bad passes, you get get into their heads and beat them.

If the Pens have learned from last round, and Byslma can gameplan properly, I think the Pens have a significant edge. Otherwise, slight edge to the Senators.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is that flattering himself? :noidea:
Assuming that all the media attention is going to be on him. If he was smart just say "I'm fine" and leave it at that. If asked about the Cooke incident...."next question"

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are now dead to me.

Always add a smiley when making statements like that buddy. For example:

What a stupid thing to say you fucking jerkoff!!! :finger:

See, even a smiley giving the finger but with a smile lets the other poster know you're kidding. Just one of many life lessons. :suds:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I'm sure he's serious. :D

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things that concerns me in this series is the extra 2 days rest Ottawa will have. Any less, and it's insignificant, any more, you get into rusty territory.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming that all the media attention is going to be on him. If he was smart just say "I'm fine" and leave it at that. If asked about the Cooke incident...."next question"

Yeah, it sucks when one guy gets thrust into the center of the attention all the fucking time. Especially when they get incessantly questioned about the same trivial crap.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it sucks when one guy gets thrust into the center of the attention all the fucking time. Especially when they get incessantly questioned about the same trivial crap.

:lol:

SidneyScrum.jpg

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always add a smiley when making statements like that buddy. For example:

What a stupid thing to say you fucking jerkoff!!! :finger:

See, even a smiley giving the finger but with a smile lets the other poster know you're kidding. Just one of many life lessons. :suds:

Thats a quote from Godfather said to Fredo

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:laugh3:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things that concerns me in this series is the extra 2 days rest Ottawa will have. Any less, and it's insignificant, any more, you get into rusty territory.

I dunno...by the time the series starts I think the Pens will be fresh along with the Sens. Always wonder about the whole "getting out of the game" thing that happens with layoffs. Like to say it's not a factor, but then I look at the Detroit Tigers :P (and plenty of hockey teams)

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see differently but I don't think the Sens can run with the Pens this year.

I think the inexperience of the Sens will be an issue when dealing with all the stars of the Pens. They've made the 2nd round but people forget that the Sens have, on any given night, 6 rookies in the lineup. I think that could mean they get a bit rattled when the Malkins, Crosbys, Iginlas, etc. just keep hopping over the boards.

The main issue I see though is the center matchup. If Spezza was 100% I'd be way more optimistic. As it stands now Turris, Smith and Zibanejad are going to be facing Crosby and Malkin a whole lot. That is not good.

The Pens will have to play well to win and I think they will.

They better bring a strong effort because for whatever reason this Sens team never gives up. Win or lose they're a joy to watch on 98% the nights they play.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see differently but I don't think the Sens can run with the Pens this year.

I think the inexperience of the Sens will be an issue when dealing with all the stars of the Pens. They've made the 2nd round but people forget that the Sens have, on any given night, 6 rookies in the lineup. I think that could mean they get a bit rattled when the Malkins, Crosbys, Iginlas, etc. just keep hopping over the boards.

The main issue I see though is the center matchup. If Spezza was 100% I'd be way more optimistic. As it stands now Turris, Smith and Zibanejad are going to be facing Crosby and Malkin a whole lot. That is not good.

The Pens will have to play well to win and I think they will.

They better bring a strong effort because for whatever reason this Sens team never gives up. Win or lose they're a joy to watch on 98% the nights they play.

I mean, if the REAL Pens show up every night, I'd be confident that they'd win the Cup. Butttttt, they don't. The Isles pushed them to the brink, and they're even less experienced. That said, I think Geno woke up last night. If THAT Geno and the normal Sid show up, the goals aren't ever in question. If they use their brains and focus on puck possession and not turning it over, they can beat anyone. Play a SIMPLE game and the Pens talent will win out...don't know why they can't grasp that.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MelnykEugene
Some tweets we get from #Pens fans are profanity filled. That's classless - it's just a game. You are embarassing your city, team & players.

Chances he realizes the irony?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MelnykEugene
Some tweets we get from #Pens fans are profanity filled. That's classless - it's just a game. You are embarassing your city, team & players.

Just for fun.. what has Melnyk done that is "classless"?

He may be crazy but I can't recall him doing anything that is classless.

Moreso I remember things like him shelling out a couple hundred grand to bring a young fan from Quebec to watch a game.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for fun.. what has Melnyk done that is "classless"?

He may be crazy but I can't recall him doing anything that is classless.

Moreso I remember things like him shelling out a couple hundred grand to bring a young fan from Quebec to watch a game.

Not classless at all...I was going for the "it's just a game" comment.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MelnykEugene

He should have stood in the stands in the first round and listened to some of things the "classy" Ottawa fans were shouting at the ladies in Habs jerseys.