• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Miami Heat vs. 2) Boston Celtics

Kawhi_2_Murray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyways, this series is over lol lets not torture miami fans anymore. I don't want to draw too much attention to myself. Just another poster like here anybody else.

Kawhi_2_Murray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other day he tired to compare Tatum to Tim Duncan. Insanity.
Tatums run this season was better then any run Duncan had at the same age. (Massively superior over his 1999 lockout run and not playing with prime Drob).

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never walked anything back. I've always said he's the best. The only one that comes close today is Kawin Leonard when he's healthy.
See you're tap dancing right now. Is he top 2, or is he the best. If he's top 2 with Leonard, wouldn't that put them at 2 and 3 from the data YOU used to put Tatum above Brown in defense.

Here I drop YOUR link for you.

Also with your link, yes Tatum is above Brown on D, but he's 4th on the C's

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
22PPG on 54% TS in playoffs since he left cavs. Average second option who has no business being put in the same sentence as Durant.

Everyone here knows I can’t stand Kyrie and I wouldn’t want him on my team.

But he is absolutely one of the 10 best scorers in the NBA.

And you are basing this off of a sample size of just 22 games, almost all against top tier defenses.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These days, all defense selections are just awards for role player to make them feel better about themselves. Guys like Beverly and Marcus Smart.

You think Smart's just a role player? Well that's crazy.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatums run this season was better then any run Duncan had at the same age. (Massively superior over his 1999 lockout run and not playing with prime Drob).

A better run at the same age? Not a chance.

At the same age (24) Duncan was a Finals MVP and an all star game MVP. He was also a 4x 1st team all league selection. And a 4x all defensive selection (3x 1st team).

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Scottie was a game wrecker.

Marcus Smart isn’t nearly as good as Scottie either, but he is the closest in the league today. Scottie could totally eliminate good players from an offense.

So far this new guy has said Tatum's better than Pippen and Duncan. That's some top notch homerism.

Kawhi_2_Murray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A better run at the same age? Not a chance.

At the same age (24) Duncan was a Finals MVP and an all star game MVP. He was also a 4x 1st team all league selection. And a 4x all defensive selection (3x 1st team).

I always refer to Tim Duncan as the Derek Jeter of the NBA.

He was a very very good but not dominant player surrounded by all time great supporting casts.

Steph curry would fit in this category as well.

This years Tatum run is superior over anything those guys did

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to draw too much attention to myself.

Its Over Reaction GIF by CBS

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always refer to Tim Duncan as the Derek Jeter of the NBA.

He was a very very good but not dominant player surrounded by all time great supporting casts.

Steph curry would fit in this category as well.

This years Tatum run is superior over anything those guys did
Oh I get it now. Pure trolling.

Pro tip: if you're gonna do a troll character, you need to be clever or funny. Just saying 'Tatum is teh awesome!!' over and over to people like us who know better won't work.

This is a board full of NBA obsessives who know their shit. Your act doesn't fly.

For example, let's say I decided to claim that Draymond Green is a better power forward than Tim Duncan. If I was doing that your way I would say things like 'Draymond's body of work is superior to anything Duncan did' as if just asserting it makes it true. And then everyone here would clown me. It wouldn't change minds or prove anything.

So love yourself some Tatum, good for you. But know that saying dumb stuff about him isn't a good look. There are more interesting and entertaining ways to stan for him. Good luck, I know you can do it!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pro tip: if you're gonna do a troll character, you need to be clever or funny. Just saying 'Tatum is teh awesome!!' over and over to people like us who know better won't work.

This is a board full of NBA obsessives who know their shit. Your act doesn't fly.

For example, let's say I decided to claim that Draymond Green is a better power forward than Tim Duncan. If I was doing that your way I would say things like 'Draymond's body of work is superior to anything Duncan did' as if just asserting it makes it true. And then everyone here would clown me. It wouldn't change minds or prove anything.

So love yourself some Tatum, good for you. But know that saying dumb stuff about him isn't a good look. There are more interesting and entertaining ways to stan for him. Good luck, I know you can do it!

I would also add that we have pretty much all been posting together for 8+ years and longer than that for those who came here together from sites like cbs and fannation.

So along with being hoops obsessives who know their shit....there's also a lot of history.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Listen to this cat. He's something of a trolling connoisseur around here...:heh:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the truth though.
Obviously he didn't 'deserve' to be an allstar starter. But he did have a borderline allstar year and he's playing like one in the playoffs and really, that's what matters.