• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1) Houston Rockets vs. 2) Golden State Warriors

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you get this right you will be known as the prophet

Here is mine:

Game 1: Warriors
Game 2: Warriors
Game 3: Warriors
Game 4: Warriors

I think those picking Houston aren't considering 1 thing. Houston is very good. But Golden State has been hearing for 2 years that Houston was the team best equipped to beat them. Last year it was a bad joke. This year they are much better and easily the top challenger, but there is still a gap.

This series is about the Warrior legacy. If they eke out a close win, then Houston will be seen as a legit challenger. If they beat their breaks off, it will prove Golden State is still far superior to every other team and it will be a message to the rest of the the league. A message that I believe is very important to Warrior players.

Unless LeBron and Kawhi form a new superteam somewhere, nobody is seriously challenging this group.

Reactions: LAD

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he’d look anything near this good on the Suns, but he’d have a boatload of cash.

Capella is a very good player. But he is a role player. If the Suns offer him a huge payday they will regret it.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,718.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the series everyone has been looking for i say warriors in 6

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is mine:

I think those picking Houston aren't considering 1 thing. Houston is very good. But Golden State has been hearing for 2 years that Houston was the team best equipped to beat them. Last year it was a bad joke. This year they are much better and easily the top challenger, but there is still a gap.

This series is about the Warrior legacy. If they eke out a close win, then Houston will be seen as a legit challenger. If they beat their breaks off, it will prove Golden State is still far superior to every other team and it will be a message to the rest of the the league. A message that I believe is very important to Warrior players.

Unless LeBron and Kawhi form a new superteam somewhere, nobody is seriously challenging this group.

They may want to send that message, but Houston isn't some scrub team. They are healthy, they have at LEAST as good of an offense as GS (although it's kind of simple, zero midrange, all drives and kick outs and pick and rolls, play after play), and thay have HFA. Hope you're right but I think it's naive to think they don't have at least a game or two where they shoot really well and win.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STFU, it was a typo. You don’t know shit, you didn’t even realize that Rockets won the season series
You're claiming that because they won the reg season series (which anyone who knows basketball knows means nothing in the post season) that they're better than GS - and I'm the one you think knows $h!t?? Now that's funny.

Derp

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is mine:

Yeah, for the Rockets to have a chance at winning this series, CP3 and Harden have to both play great every game (which we all know), while the Warriors can have 1 or 2 of their stars have an off game.

Heard some guys talking about this on the radio and they pointed out that there weren't too many games where that happened this year. They said that mainly it was one of the 2 playing great while the other one was average (which for those 2 is still pretty good lol) or even had an off game.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure would like the Celtics chances a helluva lot better if those 2 were healthy.
I still don't think they could be Warriors, but the Celtics is a good team and well coached. They play team ball and really do not run much isolation from what I have heard(hopefully - that is correct)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hope the Rockets win, I am picking the Warriors in 6.

If the Rockets can somehow win- I will be so freaking pumped.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Capella is a very good player. But he is a role player. If the Suns offer him a huge payday they will regret it.

Yeah, I think giving a guy a big deal after essentially 2 seasons of playing well is a mistake. Plus, he's only averaged about 25 minutes per game the past 2 years. At a near max, he's going to be expected to play a lot more minutes.

I don't think the Suns would be making a Bismack Biyombo level mistake if they signed him to a near max, but I think would be a mistake.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't think they could be Warriors, but the Celtics is a good team and well coached. They play team ball and really do not run much isolation from what I have heard(hopefully - that is correct)

I don't think anyone can beat a healthy Warriors team in a 7 game series. And as a Celtics fan the future does look good. I expect some major changes to your Lakers (just like everyone else) by the time next season tips off. I just hope they don't get too good too quick w/ all the money they have right now.:D

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is mine:

I agree but Houston has motivation too. They might not have the stardom the W’s have but they have better depth and they are hungry too. I said W’s in 5 but there is no reason the Rockets shouldn’t havd this same motivation and they are 50-5 with CP3, Harden and Capela. The Rockets time is now, they have to win. This GS motivation should not matter imo

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone can beat a healthy Warriors team in a 7 game series. And as a Celtics fan the future does look good. I expect some major changes to your Lakers (just like everyone else) by the time next season tips off. I just hope they don't get too good too quick w/ all the money they have right now.:D
One Lakers player claimed on Lakersnation that one gm or head coach(did not want his name to be disclosed) said the Lakers could win 40 to 45 games next season with the exact same roster. For me - that was what the Lakers needed to get to with their draft picks for a free agent to look and say he with me, we can in 55 or more and be a contender

I smell a Lakers Vs Celtics finals in the future somewhere - Lets just hope the Celtics get swept:lol:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One Lakers player claimed on Lakersnation that one gm or head coach(did not want his name to be disclosed) said the Lakers could win 40 to 45 games next season with the exact same roster. For me - that was what the Lakers needed to get to with their draft picks for a free agent to look and say he with me, we can in 55 or more and be a contender

I smell a Lakers Vs Celtics finals in the future somewhere - Lets just hope the Celtics get swept:lol:

It's impossible to guess how many W's duh Purple n Gold get next year until they revamp the roster. It won't matter who the Lakers get though. Luke Walton ain't taking them anywhere. There's only one fella in America that can fix the Lakers.

tenor.gif