• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1) Houston Rockets vs. 2) Golden State Warriors

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuses? He has shit around him, anyone with eyes can see that. And that was your first problem, listening to ESPN. Just a bunch of blabber mouths

you've gone MUCH further than this season with LeClown excuses, and ANYONE who's ever seen you post knows it, so who are you trying to bullshit...?:dhd:

as far as listening to BSpn, i didn't say it was true or not. nice of you to TRY to make a mountain out of a molehill, though...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who will win the series, I would lean towards Golden State because I think that they have more experience, can get hotter, have more talent, and stole one on the road, but geez, people overreacted after Game One.

I even saw someone talking about the Warriors winning in 4 or 5, as if Houston had no answer, no chance, and there was no chance for Golden State to cool off. That Golden State took the regular season unseriously but now is zoned in.

I do agree that they recognize the difference between playoffs and regular season and have a different intensity, but these teams were 1–2 for a reason. People looked forward to this series for a reason. One game does not change that.

Having said that, I wasn't ready to predict Houston to win the series or Game 2 necessarily. I felt they would just because they were at home and had to respond, but I wouldn't underestimate the Warriors winning both games one and two.

Yes, I equivocate but that's because I think it any game can go either way. My Jazz played the Rockets and I knew that they were going to go out in five or six games. I knew it wasn't going to be a sweep but I knew the Jazz had no chance. There is enough of a chance for both the Warriors and Rockets that there can be a favorite, but no consensus, especially when talking about any specific game.

Does this qualify as a soapbox? I was just trying to talk. Either way, I was saying I don't know anything and neither did anyone else (unless they were to say that it could go back-and-forth).

I think it would be pretty cool to alternate games until game seven and then just see a good game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I get a little crazy

Here's some real crazy talk. The Warriors are done. The Rockets will win the next 3. Not only that but Steph will throw his mouth piece, Draymond will kick CP3 in the basket-balls & KD will KO a ref before the series ends.

Last edited:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's some real crazy talk. The Warriors are done. The Rockets will win the next 3. Not only that but Steph will throw his mouth piece, Draymond will kick CP3 in the basket-balls & KD will KO a ref before the series ends.

surprisingly, i could ALMOST see that happen...:lol:

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 2 meant nothing really. Warriors got the HCA. Houston couldn't afford to lose on at home. GS will know to protect their home turf. You could tell by the half the Warriors had already mailed it in. That was the worst their defense had ever looked and their offense wasn't much better

Worst case scenario for GS is this thing goes 7 and they are at home. Series over

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to bash the Warriors, but for as sloppy as I think they played in the 1st quarter, you have to give credit and acknowledge the adjustments Houston made. I thought they played fantastic. It was though the Warriors and Rockets swapped game philosophy's from game 1. It was really incredible the way Houston moved the ball and also how they defended against the Warriors.

I said earlier that Houston would get two games just by their shooting alone. They are a dynamic offense when they're clicking and they were definitely clicking last night. We'll have to see how the Warriors respond in game 3. They'll need to come out and protect their home court.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's do this!:yes:

They were sloppy, lazy and pathetic. Exactly what you would expect of this entitled bunch of spoiled athletes. Houston clearly proved they are the superior team and the Warriors have no chance of winning this series, or ever again. Steve Kerr needs to get his head out of his ass and go extremely big and play Zaza and Javale at the same time. This going small stuff is a joke.

How was that?

I'm channeling my inner @Montalban

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were sloppy, lazy and pathetic. Exactly what you would expect of this entitled bunch of spoiled athletes. Houston clearly proved they are the superior team and the Warriors have no chance of winning this series, or ever again. Steve Kerr needs to get his head out of his ass and go extremely big and play Zaza and Javale at the same time. This going small stuff is a joke.

How was that?

That was perfect. So damn good it was a little scary.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How was that?

you sure that won't cause permanent damage...?:lol:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you sure that won't cause permanent damage...?:lol:

I don't know what got into me. It was like an out of body experience. Not sure if it has caused a permanent chemical imbalance or not. Time will tell.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is like Lakers vs Kings 2002 all over again.

Hopefully the refs don't ruin it. What a fun series so far.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, people sleep on Gordon, Tucker and Ariza all the time because they're not getting headlines a lot of the time... They are our silent assassins/role players and are very capable of putting up 15 to 20 per night.

I probably like Ariza more than you do, he came up huge for the Lakers in 2009. It's wishful thinking to believe the rest of the series will play out like Game 2.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you better get us by 6 cause if we come back home for the 7th.... You know what will happen..
GS has the potential to win a game 7 - we saw them beat an OKC team 3 times in a row to win the series after being down 1-3. So, yea they have to play better than they did in game 2 but we know what their potential is.
The only thing we know for sure about Houston is Hardin disappears in elimination games. So, there's that.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with bout everything you said. Rockets played a perfect game in 2 but I feel GS played a perfect game in game 1... Had we loss game 2... yes it would have been over...

Right now I feel the edge is slightly on GS side cause we going to their house...

But if we steal one of the next two games I think the rockets will have the edge with 3 games left and 2 of those 3 in H-town...
Well actually GS hasn't played a perfect game yet in this series. If they do there will be not mistaking it- they will dominate from start to finish.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, people sleep on Gordon, Tucker and Ariza all the time because they're not getting headlines a lot of the time... They are our silent assassins/role players and are very capable of putting up 15 to 20 per night.
They aren't talked about often because they're inconsistent. If they played like they did in game 2 on a regular basis most people wouldn't have suggested GS could sweep them.

This is the NBA where just about EVERY player can have an outstanding shooting night or really good defensive night. It's the players that can do it consistently that get the recognition.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's truly our biggest mismatch. Make Curry guard Harden every possession on defense . Harden is bigger/stronger. Give Harden the option of dribble drive and draw the foul or step back and shoot over Curry which he can.. If double team comes ... kick out to open 3 pointer... We all think GS shoots/makes more 3 pointers but Houston is the better 3 point shooting team this year... Look it up..

GS has the same mismatch with KD. No one we have can body him up so it's a wash
Those of us who watch the games know Hou is averaging more 3pt shots than ANY other team in the league. But GS mixes things up with the mid range shots they take - and every one of their shooters has a mid range game. That's why GS is the #1 rated offense & Hou is rated #2. You live & die by the 3. But if you don't have a back up plan on the nights when your jumper isn't falling or you're playing against a stingy defense, then you lose games- more specifically- you lose series.

GS's defense last night was no where near what it was in game 1. Look for that to change in game 3 & beyond. They know everything starts w/ how they defend. We could see it early on - Hou doing work around the rim in the first half. Simply terrible defense. The good news for GS is they know how to fix it & get wins.