• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1) Houston Rockets vs. 2) Golden State Warriors

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure " Lucky " is the right word.

When something happens on a consistent basis, it's no longer " Luck ".

Chris Paul has been hurt in the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years.

That's the risk you take to employ him.

Well Said

Ill say the same about Kyrie for the millions that keep saying "If they had Kyrie"

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So by my reckoning you despise Curry, Durant, and Draymond. You're quite a 'fan'.
I probably would not like Green if he played for another team but I absolutely love the way he plays. Sometimes his immaturity costs the team as it did in 2016 but he always hustles, he always gives max effort and plays hard on defense. You can tell that winning is the only thing that matters to him. Sometimes I don't see that part in Curry and Durant. I did not have any ill will at all for him losing that ball off his knee or for the back tap. I just felt really bad for him losing the ball on the last play.

Sometimes Durant gets timid but he was a beast last playoff season and came up big this year when Curry was down. I'll take him on my team. As for Curry, he can be brilliant at times and a joy to watch. He is too reckless with the ball for me but to see him be so inept in the 4th quarters of this series is very strange; Durant too.

I think those two take plays off but I never see that from Green and I like that.
As for your "reckoning" It rarely makes any sense.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure " Lucky " is the right word.

When something happens on a consistent basis, it's no longer " Luck ".

Chris Paul has been hurt in the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years.

That's the risk you take to employ him.
Still, it is a tough break for the Rockets. They simply cannot afford to have him out.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So by my reckoning you despise Curry, Durant, and Draymond. You're quite a 'fan'.
I'm a fan of "teams" not individual players. That is for kids. I'm only a "fan" of the player insofar as he helps my team win. Other than that they are just people to me. I don't admire them, I don't look up to them, I just enjoy watching them help my team win a game............Nah, I take that last part back. I do not enjoy watching my teams in critical post season games; its way to stressful for me.

I'm actually enjoying the Celtics/Cavs series more than the West Finals because I can relax and watch good basketball. Watching my team struggle to win a series that on paper they should win handily is really hard.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a fan of "teams" not individual players. That is for kids. I'm only a "fan" of the player insofar as he helps my team win. Other than that they are just people to me. I don't admire them, I don't look up to them, I just enjoy watching them help my team win a game............Nah, I take that last part back. I do not enjoy watching my teams in critical post season games; its way to stressful for me.

I'm actually enjoying the Celtics/Cavs series more than the West Finals because I can relax and watch good basketball. Watching my team struggle to win a series that on paper they should win handily is really hard.
Rooting for laundry. Fair enough, pretty common.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha. I wish we could keep him on the field. I'll start with that.

The way the West is shaping up, MadBum and Cueto can put them right in the mix for sure

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the West is shaping up, MadBum and Cueto can put them right in the mix for sure
Yes. I'm impresed with the way they've hung in despite everything they've been hit with. Their top 3 starters out, their closer out and Panik, Williamson and Pence all down, yet I believe they are only two games out.
I agree with you about Cueto and Bumgarner. Cueto is another guy I love. He's goofy but he always gives max effort and I like that. if they get those two back at the break and they are still close I like their chances.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

Blake, Gallo, Kyrie, Cp3 are injury prone.

It's not a fluke if it happens yearly.
Curry was that way the first few years of his career and then he had a few injury-free years but is starting to get hurt a lot the last two seasons again.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I'm impresed with the way they've hung in despite everything they've been hit with. Their top 3 starters out, their closer out and Panik, Williamson and Pence all down, yet I believe they are only two games out.
I agree with you about Cueto and Bumgarner. Cueto is another guy I love. He's goofy but he always gives max effort and I like that. if they get those two back at the break and they are still close I like their chances.

Definitely, the great ones like Bochy make a true difference

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry was that way the first few years of his career and then he had a few injury-free years but is starting to get hurt a lot the last two seasons again.
Yeah, I remember those ankles were a problem.

Chris is older and looks a bit heavier.

So, this is going to be a issue long-term.

They just have to be careful with him regular Season.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors are fortunate CP3 may be done for the series and if not then severely limited in Game 7 physically, but most would probably agree this series would have been over in 5 if Iggy played

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors are fortunate CP3 may be done for the series and if not then severely limited in Game 7 physically, but most would probably agree this series would have been over in 5 if Iggy played
Six was more realistic I think. I feel like the Rockets would not lose game 5. But the Warriors sure looked tough after game 3 and 5 was a real possibility.
My thought before the series though was Rockets in 7. I though home court would be the deciding factor.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond just gauranteed a series win on espn radio. Supposedly, I didn't hear it myself.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I remember those ankles were a problem.

Chris is older and looks a bit heavier.

So, this is going to be a issue long-term.

They just have to be careful with him regular Season.
Yep. Every time he went to the basket we held our breath. And Playing along side Zsa Zsa Pachulia is always dangerous. Just ask Curry, Durant and Kahwi Leonard. He has put all three out of action for extended periods of time.