• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Golden State Warriors vs. 8) Los Angeles Clippers

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cracks me up how we complain when athletes say the same canned boring bullshit, but when someone is honest like Barkley or Klay we rip them too.

Yeah, it seems like athletes are in no win situations all of the time.

Another thing that cracks me up is when a talking head or columnist will say that an athlete must think or feel this or that and then when the athlete says something different, then it's "Well obviously he's not being honest".

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute here - Some one is trying to say Klay Thompson gets pissed off easily?

Yep that's the claim. They are confusing directness and occasional non-cliche comments with anger for some reason.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep that's the claim. They are confusing directness and occasional non-cliche comments with anger for some reason.
I have to agree, I don't think it's possible for their to be a player calmer then Thompson. I think his dad may have showed more fire 40 years ago-lol. Some one in here is definitely confused.

Reactions: LAD

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
already said what I preferred. I'd prefer if he not act like defenses can't lock him or the Warriors down and insist that they just had an off night. He's a jerk in that sense. Yeah he might be laid back but personally, I like athletes that show sportsmanship.

I get what you're saying and to a certain extent, I agree.

But the problem is, that's pretty much what everyone says about the Warriors. When they are on and playing at their best, no one can shut them down.

So, if he gives credit to the other team...it sounds good, humble and gives credit to the opponent, which is good sportsmanship.

But it's also false modesty.

It's like when Kobe listed himself ahead of MJ and Lebron. Most of the rest of us think MJ and Lebron are better, but we all also know that Kobe doesn't believe that for a second.

So, is he supposed to pretend that he doesn't think that he's better and list MJ and Lebron ahead of himself? Or is he supposed to say what he really thinks?

It's part of why I think athletes are often in no win situations. Say what they're "supposed to say" and they are basically lying. Say what they really think and they're assholes.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight will show what this Warrior team has inside of them. I won't be surprised either way at the outcome but regardless, this is the end for this once great team. Get bounced in this series and it will be a disgraceful ending to a nice run.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just because I don't like a Warrior it's nitpicking? Lol. I've stated why I don't like him. He's a jerk who's unsportsmanlike. I'm a Spurs fan. Sorry I've gotten used to watching classy players.

Facts.
My point is there are plenty of other guys that clearly are jerks and that don't hold back when on the court. So, yea it appears like you're just nit picking. But, of course you're entitled to your opinion.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to look up BDE. You west coast people and your slangs.

I didn’t know what “fire” and “THOT” was until a few weeks ago. I’m in my early 30’s tho.
I can only keep up because I have a 22 yr old son. lol

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're saying and to a certain extent, I agree.

But the problem is, that's pretty much what everyone says about the Warriors. When they are on and playing at their best, no one can shut them down.

So, if he gives credit to the other team...it sounds good, humble and gives credit to the opponent, which is good sportsmanship.

But it's also false modesty.

It's like when Kobe listed himself ahead of MJ and Lebron. Most of the rest of us think MJ and Lebron are better, but we all also know that Kobe doesn't believe that for a second.

So, is he supposed to pretend that he doesn't think that he's better and list MJ and Lebron ahead of himself? Or is he supposed to say what he really thinks?

It's part of why I think athletes are often in no win situations. Say what they're "supposed to say" and they are basically lying. Say what they really think and they're assholes.
You can be honest and not be an asshole. The whole team knows they're good and they have 0 issue showing it on the court with all the dancing, shimmying and other crap they do.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can be honest and not be an asshole. The whole team knows they're good and they have 0 issue showing it on the court with all the dancing, shimmying and other crap they do.

Kind of a goalpost move there.

Unless I missed something, we weren't talking about celebrating on the court. We were talking about what was said in an interview.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is there are plenty of other guys that clearly are jerks and that don't hold back when on the court. So, yea it appears like you're just nit picking. But, of course you're entitled to your opinion.
I mean, the whole team does it. I'm talking about Klay because I disagreed that CitySushi said he was laid back and chill. I don't really like any of the Warriors nor do I think they're likable.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a goalpost move there.

Unless I missed something, we weren't talking about celebrating on the court. We were talking about what was said in an interview.
I am aware what we were talking about. I'm saying they don't have to say "I'm a good player" or whatever in an interview because it's clear they know it by their antics on the court. That's why I said you can be honest and credit the opponent while not being an asshole and telling everyone how good you are.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are teams that aren't very good that shimmy & dance on the court lol

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are teams that aren't very good that shimmy & dance on the court lol
Who? I don't watch every game. The Warriors literally ran down the court and laughed at a referee. I don't know of any teams that do some of the things they do. But like I said, I don't watch every game.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, the whole team does it. I'm talking about Klay because I disagreed that CitySushi said he was laid back and chill. I don't really like any of the Warriors nor do I think they're likable.
In comparison to the other guys on the team he definitely is the most chilled - with maybe the exception of Curry- of whom does display anger more than Klay at times.

I think you are confusing your dislike for the GS players in general for what the subject is, which is Klay is a pretty chill guy. There is a difference.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In comparison to the other guys on the team he definitely is the most chilled - with maybe the exception of Curry- of whom does display anger more than Klay at times.

I think you are confusing your dislike for the GS players in general for what the subject is, which is Klay is a pretty chill guy. There is a difference.
Possibly. He is rather chill in the sense that he doesn't get angry like Draymond and KD do. I was more pinpointing why I'm not a fan of him than anything, while we were on the subject of him.

Reactions: LAD

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm mid 30's. Keep up bro.

I thought I was hip......damnit!

The warriors team as a whole would be a lot more likeable if Draymond wasn’t on it.

People get tired of seeing him yelling at the refs constantly instead of just playing through it. The guy is very talented and should just let his play do the talking.

I think he’s a turd tho.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who? I don't watch every game. The Warriors literally ran down the court and laughed at a referee. I don't know of any teams that do some of the things they do. But like I said, I don't watch every game.
Yea that incident was a bit much - although I understand that came from frustration with the refs. Which, by the way, hasn't been limited to just this Dubs team. But I too couldn't believe they actually did that.

But again, we're talking about Klay and he wasn't one of the guys in that situation. It was Curry, Iggy & KD.

You should watch this series and you will see the Clips dancing & celebrating on the court after they make a big shot or when they go up. And if you watch throughout the reg season you will see it even more.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly. He is rather chill in the sense that he doesn't get angry like Draymond and KD do. I was more pinpointing why I'm not a fan of him than anything, while we were on the subject of him.
Fair enough. And I can definitely understand why a Spurs fan wouldn't care too much for GS players. :dhd: