• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1. Bama 2. Clemson 3. Washington 4. Penn State

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU can't play defense?:pound:
Did you watch the game yesterday? Their D-Line is pretty terrible. The linebackers and secondary are competent, but a great OL will destroy them. The thing is that for as stacked as the B1G is, none of the teams have great OLs.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-Bama
2-Clemson
3-OSU
4-Michigan

I'm thinking the same thing. OSU hasn't played like the #2 team to me throughout the season especially from their QB position with Barrett however they have beaten some great competition so yeah they should be in. With Michigan losing twice and at the end of the season its hard to say they are a top 4 team especially if they don't have their QB Speight playing. When he is on the field and they have that nasty defense then yes Michigan is a different team and worthy of a top 4 spot.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the game yesterday? Their D-Line is pretty terrible. The linebackers and secondary are competent, but a great OL will destroy them. The thing is that for as stacked as the B1G is, none of the teams have great OLs.

I don't make my judgement off 1 game, but an entire season.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between PSU and OSU. Once can play defense, one can't. The fact you are concerned with a PSU team who put up less than 400 yards in 8 quarters of football against OSU and UM is laughable.

Just admit it. OSU beat you last time you played and you would rather have what amounts to a bye into the NCG with PSU.

I'd rather have Michigan...Defense and Offense both look like Florida. I remember the last time Alabama played a top ten ranked Michigan team...looked a lot like Florida Saturday...

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen this discussed much but the committee chair listed common opponents as one of the 4 equally rated tie-breakers between "comparable" teams (along with conference championship, head-to-head and strength of schedule).

While some of the talking heads have been quick to mention PSU beating MSU worse than OSU, they fail to mention that MSU was the only common opponent in PSU's favor. OSU beat all the other four common opponents by a higher margin than PSU (and PSU lost to Michigan by 39). So, OSU has a better record against common opponents (5-0 vs 4-1) and better point differential in 4 of the 5 games. Adding up the total point differential against the 5 common opponents, OSU beats PSU by a whopping 142-70.

So, even if OSU and PSU are "comparable" (and they may be now), the 4 tie-breakers are split and PSU still does not have an advantage.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have it on good authority (droider, SHHHH) that the NCAA plans on taking away Sabans morning Lil Debbie. Bama is fucked

Hopefully some team can replace his debbies

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson only won by 7. I didn't get to see the game of course because watching PSU. So was the game really that close? Could Clemson be out oe playoffs or are the 2 teams OSU & Washington from previous rankings be the only 2 worried?

Virginia Tech was a top 25 ranked team......I don't think they bounce them out because of a close win. They made it to their CCG while OSU and Michigan didn't.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay folks here is the question. Who do you feel are the 4 best teams? NOT the 4 teams who should be in.

1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. Really don't know
4. Really don't know (maybe Michigan if their QB Speight plays)
At the risk of stirring up @Edisto_Tiger and other Clems up, I'm not convinced either CLemson or Washington are better than the three B1G teams. I don't think you can realistically determine who is the best between Penn State, Michigan and Ohio State. (I'm eliminating Wisky since all three beat them.) From what I've seen in watching them the last month of the season, I'd rate the six teams:
1. Bama
2. Penn State
3. Ohio State
4. Clemson, Michigan, Washington tied for 4th.

Clemson has reminded me of 2015 Ohio State. Just never got it going for some reason.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen this discussed much but the committee chair listed common opponents as one of the 4 equally rated tie-breakers between "comparable" teams (along with conference championship, head-to-head and strength of schedule).

While some of the talking heads have been quick to mention PSU beating MSU worse than OSU, they fail to mention that MSU was the only common opponent in PSU's favor. OSU beat all the other four common opponents by a higher margin than PSU (and PSU lost to Michigan by 39). So, OSU has a better record against common opponents (5-0 vs 4-1) and better point differential in 4 of the 5 games. Adding up the total point differential against the 5 common opponents, OSU beats PSU by a whopping 142-70.

So, even if OSU and PSU are "comparable" (and they may be now), the 4 tie-breakers are split and PSU still does not have an advantage.

However, PSU played in the CCG and I do believe that matters.....no?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the risk of stirring up @Edisto_Tiger and other Clems up, I'm not convinced either CLemson or Washington are better than the three B1G teams. I don't think you can realistically determine who is the best between Penn State, Michigan and Ohio State. (I'm eliminating Wisky since all three beat them.) From what I've seen in watching them the last month of the season, I'd rate the six teams:
1. Bama
2. Penn State
3. Ohio State

Clemson has reminded me of 2015 Ohio State. Just never got it going for some reason.

ET is a rational person, he sweated out this season. He could possibly agree with you.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Bama
2. Penn State
3. Ohio State

I see what you did there. Re-match of PSU vs OSU...

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ET is a rational person, he sweated out this season. He could possibly agree with you.

I take it you didn't really read the post . . .

I haven't seen this discussed much but Hocutt listed common opponents as one of the 4 equally rated tie-breakersbetween "comparable" teams (along with conference championship, head-to-head and strength of schedule).

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is no one talking about Penn States offense. Winsonsin had a top ranked defense going into last nights game and Penn State put 38pts on them the most by anyone this season. Michigan only scored 14pts on them.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Bama
2. Penn State
3. Ohio State

:lebowski2:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't make my judgement off 1 game, but an entire season.
Nothing about Penn State's DL has looked remotely good in the 4-5 PSU games I've seen. I missed the OSU game for Chicago Cubs winning the pennant reasons, but every other big game was bad for them.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what you did there. Re-match of PSU vs OSU...
LOL...I wish it had been intentional. But, I might even list Bama and PSU and then let the other four fight for the last two spots. tOSU, Clemson, Michigan and Washington just haven't looked all that good to me this past month. Even though the Michigan/OSU game was a game for the ages, I just didn't think either one played that well.

Maybe I'm just old and cantakerous, but I expect 'em to be playing their best ball at the end of the year.
Ohio State was in '14 and both CLem and Bama were last year. Don't see it as much this year in the teams.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Michigan...Defense and Offense both look like Florida. I remember the last time Alabama played a top ten ranked Michigan team...looked a lot like Florida Saturday...

I remember too. Brady Hoke was the coach and our QB is now a backup RB in th NFL. Definitely can see why you'd be using the comparison:L

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it you didn't really read the post . . .

I haven't seen this discussed much but Hocutt listed common opponents as one of the 4 equally rated tie-breakersbetween "comparable" teams (along with conference championship, head-to-head and strength of schedule).

Scanned it, missed the CCG. Apologies.....

:suds: