• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Week 11 College Football Ranking (Top 6 only)

The top 6 teams are....

• Georgia

Votes: 17 100.0%
  • Michigan

Votes: 16 94.1%
  • Ohio State

• TCU

• Clemson

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Oregon

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Tennessee

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • UCLA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • USC

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Liberty

• North Carolina

• Ole Miss

• Tulane

• Alabama

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • LSU

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Utah

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday was quite an exciting day in College Football. Here are the key games:

#3 Georgia beat #1 Tennessee by 14 points. The Bulldogs/National Champs beat their fourth FBS school with a winning record. Despite losing, the Vols still have a strong resume with six wins against FBS opponents with a winning record, including Ws against LSU, Alabama and Kentucky.

#7 TCU beat Texas Tech. They currently have five wins against +.500 FBS opponents, including wins against 3-loss Oklahoma State, Kansas State and Kansas.

#2 Ohio State and #5 Michigan continue to produce double-digit victories against their opponents. Both schools beat #15 Penn State. OSU by 13 wins, Michigan by 21.

#4 Clemson lost to 3-loss Notre Dame by 21 points. Despite their loss, they still have four wins against ACC schools with a winning record - (6-3) Wake Forest, (7-2) NC State, and (6-3) Florida State and Syracuse.

#10 LSU beat #6 Alabama in a thrilling OT. The Tigers lost to FSU and Tennessee, but on the flip side, have wins against Miss State, Ole Miss and Alabama.

Pac-12 teams -- #8 Oregon, #9 USC, #12 UCLA and #14 Utah -- won their games. Oregon has the big win against UCLA. USC beat Oregon State on the road. UCLA beat Utah and Washington.

Ole Miss, North Carolina, Tulane and Liberty are all 8-1. The Rebels have 3-loss Kentucky as their biggest win. Tulane has K-State by 7 on the road. NC has 3-loss Duke on the road by 3. Liberty just beat Arkansas.

Please submit your top 6 teams from best to worst.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As expected this week was the beginning of things shaking themselves out...

1. Georgia
2. Ohio State
3. Michigan
4. Tennessee
5. TCU
6. Oregon

I got LSU and USC just slightly behind right now. The Pac 12 is going to be intriguing with USC and UCLA on a collison course and Oregon still having matchups with Washington and Utah

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top 6:

1. Georgia
2. TCU
3. Ohio State
4. Michigan
5. Tennessee
6. Clemson

Georgia has wins against Tennessee by 14 and Oregon by 46. Enough said. TCU is vastly underrated. Really good wins against 5 different FBS schools with a winning record. Ohio State and Michigan are pretty even. Big win against Penn State. I like OSU slightly better because they have a tougher schedule.

Tennessee is the best 1-loss team in the country. Beat two quality teams of Alabama, LSU and Kentucky. Clemson lost badly to Notre Dame, but their schedule has been pretty good -- beat Cuse, FSU, NC State and Wake Forest.

Oregon, UCLA, USC, Ole Miss and LSU are in my honorable mentions. If any of these teams win out, I think they are very much in play for a top 4 ranking.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top 6:

1. Georgia
2. TCU
3. Ohio State
4. Michigan
5. Tennessee
6. Clemson

Georgia has wins against Tennessee by 14 and Oregon by 46. Enough said. TCU is vastly underrated. Really good wins against 5 different FBS schools with a winning record. Ohio State and Michigan are pretty even. Big win against Penn State. I like OSU slightly better because they have a tougher schedule.

Tennessee is the best 1-loss team in the country. Beat two quality teams of Alabama, LSU and Kentucky. Clemson lost badly to Notre Dame, but their schedule has been pretty good -- beat Cuse, FSU, NC State and Wake Forest.

Oregon, UCLA, USC, Ole Miss and LSU are in my honorable mentions. If any of these teams win out, I think they are very much in play for a top 4 ranking.
Be careful, I put TCU #2 last week and got insulted by several posters. Probably their FDS more than anything else. My guess is they won't rip on you though.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Georgia
2. Ohio State
3. Michigan
4. TCU
5. Tennessee
6. Oregon

I don't watch college football religiously or anything but that's my .02.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Living rent free in that head of yours, ain't I Wamu? lol

Like I have told you before you say so much overly homeristic bullshit it's entertaining to make fun of your stupid ass.

Example. Because of what Minnesota football did in the mid 30's and early 40's that makes them totally relevant and an elite program today right?

And one more example of your nonstop homerism. Minnesota basketball is relevant right now because they went to one Final Four in '97 which was later vacated right?

And just in case you try to go the totally stupid route and say that Final Four trip still counts here's an article for you.

Gophers: Final Four that never happened won't be forgotten (4/3/19 from twin-cities.com)

The rafters inside Williams Arena offer no proof that the greatest men's basketball team in program history ever existed.

No banners. No recognition. No nothing.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Georgia - win over Tenn bumps them up to #1.
2. TCU - their win over TT at home wasn't a pummeling, but OSU didn't pummel NW, either, so...
3. OSU - overall their resume looks really good, lots of commanding wins, but only 1 win vs a ranked team is just impossible to ignore. Not their fault that Notre Dame struggled so bad coming out of the gate.
4. Mich - same as OSU, cept they just didn't schedule well in the ooc and shouldn't be rewarded for it.
5. Tennessee - they still have a lot of good wins. Will be hard to keep them out. Might be the bad luck for the loser of Michigan vs OSU if Tenn wins out?
6. This was the toughest spot to fill. For a laugh I put Liberty as my 6th team above, but officially I can't do that. Clemson, despite the embarrassing loss to NDm, still has good wins, but lots of teams behind them who can move past them with a big win going forward, imo.

I won't put a Pac team into the Top 6, probably ever this regular season, because none of them deserve it. The entire conference is overrated.

What Georgia did to Oregon should have knocked them out of the Top 25 completely, and beating a crappy BYU should not have been enough to get them back into the Top Ten. Not a quality ooc win by any of the ranked Pac teams. Wins over BYU & MSU got Wash & Oreg ranked, and the win over Wisc got WSU ranked, then Pac teams beating WSU and Wash got ranked. USC and Utah got ranked out of pure speculation and Utah beating USC who hadn't beaten anyone really helped them recover from losing to a below average Florida team in the ooc.

Overrated Baylor got beat by BYU in Week 2. Baylor has since gotten beat by WVU. Next 3 opponents are the 3 top rated Big 12 teams.
Overrated BYU got beat by Oregon in Week 3. BYU has since gotten beat by ECU, NDm, Liberty & Ark.
Overrated Wisc got beat by WSU in Week 3.
Overrated WSU got beat by Oregon in Week 4?
Overrated MSU got beat by Washington in Week 3.
Still overrated MSU got beat in a more impressive fashion by UR Minnesota in Week 4. Didn't hurt UDub's ranking.

USC's 2 biggest wins still remain WSU & Oreg St, lol. Their loss to Utah didn't hurt them, just helped Utah.

I'm not saying none of the Pac teams should be ranked, just NONE deserve Top Ten status, much less Top 6. Honestly, at this rate, if the 12 team playoff was going on, I'd only put the Pac Champ into the 12 team playoff, and not among the Top 6, either.

BYU
MSU
Wisc.

That's the conference's 3 biggest ooc wins?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I have told you before you say so much overly homeristic bullshit it's entertaining to make fun of your stupid ass.

Example. Because of what Minnesota football did in the mid 30's and early 40's that makes them totally relevant and an elite program today right?

I have NEVER EVER EVEN ONCE said that what the Gophers "did in the mid 30's and early 40's" makes them "totally relevant and an elite program today". Damn you are a thick skulled moron.

First, it's funny that you frame it as if the only time the Gophers were good was the "mid 30's and early 40's", as they won 4 Natl Titles from 1903-1915 and had the best winning percentage of current Div 1 teams from 1900-1919. Nagurski was on some pretty good teams in the 20s, Bud Grant was on some pretty decent teams in the late 40's, Paul Giel almost won 2 Heisman Trophies in the mid 50's, and UMn had a nice little run from 1960-1967 as well. There was also beating #1 ranked Michigan 16-0 along with beating UCLA & Washington in the ooc in 1977 despite the program having been almost completely abandoned by the Administration for almost 2 full decades by this point.

Final nail in the coffin was moving into the Metrodump in 1982. An attempt at a revival in 84 with the hiring of Lou Holtz didn't work as the Notre Dame job came open after the 85 season. Wasn't until the 1997 hiring of Glen Mason did the Administration finally come to their senses and started reinvesting in the fb program. And it didn't happen in one big move, it's been several steps along the way.

What makes them relevant today(I never claimed they were elite right NOW) simply relevant, are these factors, in order of occurence

Cliff notes version,

#1 - New Attitude.
#2 - New Stadium.
#3 - New Practice Facility.
#4 - New Head Coach.
#5 - New focus.
#6 - New QB.
#7 - New DC.
#8 - New OC.
#9 - Balanced Starting Lineup.
#10 - New level of talent.

Longer version

1. A new Administration attitude regarding funding the fb program, came about after the hiring of President Yudof(sp?) and the subsequent hiring of Glen Mason in 1997.

2. Mason lobbied hard for, and eventually got the Admin to agree to build a new outdoor Stadium in the early 2000s, it opened up in 2009. Thing is Mason got fired before he could play in the new Stadium and the new coach was a horrible hire. Put the program back several years. So then they brought in Jerry Kill who was probably only a slight upgrade from Glen Mason, recruited good players, just not enough of them to build up enough depth. He didn't lose huge leads like Mason did which got Mason fired, but he was irresponsible in regards to his health issues and had to step down.

3. But before Kill stepped down, he lobbied hard for new practice facilities, and the Admin agreed to do that, and the new state of the art practice facilities opened up in 2018.

4. PJ Fleck got hired.
5. Fleck brought with him a change of program focus/philosophy/culture that I personally like and think is good for college football. It's never going to take over and become the new way of running cfb programs nationwide, but it's a need that a growing number of fb recruits and their parents want filled and Fleck is the leading the biggest name program that's offering to fill that need, and in the most open to the general public way. Notre Dame used to get all the best catholic athletes when catholics used to care about such things, now I'm sure there are Christian colleges and BYU that take care of specific recruits needs who really care about their particular denomination, but Fleck is offering a generic sort of version that can take in people of any faith/denomination and even the few agnostics or atheists who, for whatever reason, may want to be in that kind of an environment. It's going to take longer than I was hoping it would, but if UMn is patient enough and sticks with Fleck, as long as he has good coordinators and he lets them make most of the game day coaching decisions, in time UMn could compete with the OSU's, Michigan's and USC's of the conference.

6. Part way through the 2018 season, Tanner Morgan took over as Starting QB and the team finished the season winning 3 of their last 4 games, including a big win over the Wisconsin Badgers and their 3rd straight bowl win, Fleck's first as the Gopher coach.

7. & 8. Can't remember the exact details regarding when the new DC and new OC came in, but the 2nd one to come in almost coincided to the game as to when Tanner Morgan took over as starting QB. I believe the DC came in at the beginning of 2018 and the OC part way through the season? The combo of Fleck, the new DC and OC(he wasn't here for 2020 or 2021) and Morgan at QB, had a record of something like 18-3 going into the Purdue game this season. Still 20-6 now.

9. Before Autman-Bell got injured, the team truly had one of the most balanced teams in the nation. He was so dependable as a WR he helped mask the lack of dependable WRs to supplement his catches and yardage. He got more attention from the defenses which helped the others get open easier. As a unit they have struggled more since he got injured as that has thrown off that balance we had. If Fleck can address this weakness at WR via the portal or recruiting, than the Gophers will continue to do well going forward as our new QB seems to be an upgrade and the future of the program. Autman-Bell says he's coming back next year, so the only hole might be at RB? Although I am sure Fleck can get a great RB through the Portal who would love to step in behind our highly rated OL.

10. UMn was sliding down, seemingly bound to drop out of the Top 30 list of all-time top producers of NFL players until Fleck came around, now we are moving up and could soon get back into the Top 25 list of all-time top producers of NFL players.

Missing parts of the puzzle? Depth, Fleck needs to add depth to his future rosters. So as well as his recruiting efforts have worked at upgrading the team's talent level and allowing them to compete for the West Division Title, he'll need to bump it up a notch, probably two notches going forward if he wants to actually win a Div Title, or since Divisions are probably done this year or next, to compete with the likes of OSU, USC and Michigan for Conf Titles.

Also, Fleck needs to learn how to become a better game day coach. He doesn't seem willing to turn over the reigns and in game decision making to his coordinators, and I don't think he's the type who ever will give up all of that decision making to his assistants, and he's had bad assistants in the past, so he needs to improve in that regard if he ever wants to compete for Conf or Natl Titles.

And one more example of your nonstop homerism. Minnesota basketball is relevant right now because they went to one Final Four in '97 which was later vacated right?

I NEVER said UMn bb was relevant "right now". lol You are just dumb as a box of rocks.

They were relevant recently only because they won enough games vs the big boys to affect those team's final regular season records.

They could be relevant again soon as the new coach has brought in a couple interesting recruits with potential, and a pretty highly rated transfer, and already has a Top 30 national recruit committed to come in after this season.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Georgia - win over Tenn bumps them up to #1.
2. TCU - their win over TT at home wasn't a pummeling, but OSU didn't pummel NW, either, so...
3. OSU - overall their resume looks really good, lots of commanding wins, but only 1 win vs a ranked team is just impossible to ignore. Not their fault that Notre Dame struggled so bad coming out of the gate.
4. Mich - same as OSU, cept they just didn't schedule well in the ooc and shouldn't be rewarded for it.
5. Tennessee - they still have a lot of good wins. Will be hard to keep them out. Might be the bad luck for the loser of Michigan vs OSU if Tenn wins out?
6. This was the toughest spot to fill. For a laugh I put Liberty as my 6th team above, but officially I can't do that. Clemson, despite the embarrassing loss to NDm, still has good wins, but lots of teams behind them who can move past them with a big win going forward, imo.
Our Top 6 match. Great picks. I have a feeling the committee will do Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan, Tennessee, TCU and probably Oregon or maybe Clemson.

TCU is vastly underrated. And you're right, we dock TCU for playing from behind, but Ohio State did just that against Notre Dame, Penn State and now Northwestern. I think branding is the issue for now.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Top 6 match. Great picks. I have a feeling the committee will do Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan, Tennessee, TCU and probably Oregon or maybe Clemson.

TCU is vastly underrated. And you're right, we dock TCU for playing from behind, but Ohio State did just that against Notre Dame, Penn State and now Northwestern. I think branding is the issue for now.
I'm not sure why TCU isn't seen more favorably by the Committee or most of the fans in here? If I had to guess it would be that TCU hasn't blown away as many of it's opponents, winning more close games. But the experts all said the Big 12 was packed this year, and for every Oklahoma that disappoints, a Kansas St rises to take their place. Heck, even Baylor is now 6-3. WVU and Iowa St are probably the nation's best Last place teams? ISU beat Iowa and WVU gave Pitt a good game. TT beat Houston who was ranked at the time. Those are the bottom 3 teams, and Oklahoma, the 7th place team, until this weekend didn't have any embarrassing losses. Baylor was ranked Top Ten to start the season so that loss might not end up being seen as an embarrassing loss, either. I mean, it's OU so every loss is seen as embarrassing by it's fans, I suppose, but as an outside observer, and looking back in retrospect, the 3 teams they lost to in a row, are 3 of the 4 ranked Big 12 teams right now. Well, Texas is only #26, close enough at this point in the season.

But yeah, you are probably right about the branding issue. Alot of that could change if they go on the road and beat Texas. Their last 2 games should be easy wins, or easier than UT at least. So next week could put them in the drivers seat as for getting in the cfp, they have to have an advantage over all the Pac teams right now, and if they win out, they should also move ahead of the Mich/OSU loser, I'd think? Now with Clemson out of the running basically(no big games left to make up ground, I think?), I can't see them not getting in if they win out?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And just in case you try to go the totally stupid route and say that Final Four trip still counts here's an article for you.

Gophers: Final Four that never happened won't be forgotten (4/3/19 from twin-cities.com)

The rafters inside Williams Arena offer no proof that the greatest men's basketball team in program history ever existed.

No banners. No recognition. No nothing.

Hes a special kind of delusional.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize I never said any of those things, right? He makes that shit up and has even admitted to making shit up.

I have never accused you of something you haven't said.

You don't even realize all the stupid and homeristic nonsense you've spewed.

Example. Oregon has never won a CBB national title. The NCAA says the Ducks won a title in 1939. You claim that title is invalid.

You've even gone as far as to say sites like collegefootballnews, espn and 247sports all have "biased agendas" because none of them have the Gophers ranked as a top 10 CFB program all time.

Like I've told you before stop saying such dumb and homeristic garbage and I'll stop calling you out on it.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize I never said any of those things, right? He makes that shit up and has even admitted to making shit up.
lol. I don't read all the threads all the time but you were so off at the beginning I don;t even take you seriously now. I think now ,you're trying to make people forget your early season delusions with these long in depth posts.