• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who do you want the Vikings to take with the 11th pick?

• Trade the Pick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brandon Scherff

• Trae Waynes

• Devante Parker

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Bud Dupree

• La'el Collins

• Todd Gurley

• Other

• Total voters

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who do you want?

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again... Nobody?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want White or Cooper. Even if it means moving up a little in the draft. We need to get a playmaker for Teddy and those two guys are just too good of prospects to be scared off of losing a 3rd or 4th rounder to make it happen.

That said, I doubt it happens. Spielman, despite being a subpar drafter after the early rounds, likes to have a huge number of picks too much to make that move I bet.

With Adrian in the twilight of his career and wanting to get out of town, Wallace only being a temporary fix, and not being able to trust Rudolph, we need to get Teddy a top flight playmaker long term IMO. The team has a lot of holes but long term that is the one that sticks out to me the most.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not just draft Parker? He's already shown he and Teddy work together well...

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not just draft Parker? He's already shown he and Teddy work together well...

I don't think he is near the prospect that White and Cooper are.

In the NFL you have to be strong or sudden as a WR. Parker is neither. Then when you thrown in durability questions and bad feet and IMO you have a guy that you can't draft in the top 11 picks of this draft. Without a trade down, Parker shouldn't be the pick IMO.

Parker has a chance to develop into a possession WR if he can clean things up at the NFL level. But he isn't going to be a true game breaker IMO. Guys like White and especially Cooper have that ability IMO.

....but I have been wrong about WR's before.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I don't think they should go WR with their first pick anyhow, if they can get Waynes thats where they should go. If Kevin White fell i'd be tempted but i'd still pick Waynes. I think there could still be a very good WR left for them in the 2nd round, someone like Jaelen Strong or Nelson Agholor would be a nice pick if available.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waynes is the pick that scares me the most.

He is an incredible athlete. But he simply doesn't cover very naturally. He gets so turned around and grabs so much.

But after last year watching them select a college DE and then move him to a 4-3 OLB with Barr and look like a future superstar, I would be comfortable with any defensive pick they make.

It is the one big difference I feel with this regime than I felt with any other regime in my adult lifetime: I really think they can DEVELOP talent rather than just draft it. It is why if I am Spielman I go offense early and draft defense a little later and let Zimmer develop it. I just get the feeling like a lot of the great defenses coaches (Belichick, Carroll, ect) that you can target guys a little later in the draft to fit your scheme and Zimmer and the coaching staff will make it work, and make it work well, even with 3rd and 4th round picks.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This weekend I went back and looked at some of Parker's games (3 with Teddy, 1 without).

I guess I wouldn't have a problem with them taking him at #11.

I still think pretty much the same of him (potential to be a really good possession WR, but with a definite ceiling) but he still might be a better prospect than a lot of the other directions we could head.

I just think that whoever takes any of these OL early are going to be disappointed. There is seriously not 1 OL I would feel OK about at #11.

We are just in a bad draft position this year. The best players that likely will fall to our pick probably aren't going to be guys the Vikes even consider drafting. Shelton and a couple of the OLB's/DE's are going to be the best prospects on the board but you know we won't select them at #11 with the way our roster looks currently.

I'm not as big of a Waynes fan as most but after looking at how the draft could potentially fall in the wrong way for us, I am warming up to the pick of either him or Parker.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BEST available talent in the 1st round. Always. Don't try and outsmart yourselves.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waynes is so blah.

He could be alright to good but not excited about him like I was Barr last year. I like Parker a lot.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the pick, Rhodes and Waynes should be a nice combo for the next 5+ years...

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never get too excited about the draft. You really won't know what you've got until they start playing the games, and even then - it's a couple years down the road.

Sounds like Waynes is a project, though. Hopefully under Zim, he can turn out like Barr did. Low risk with big upside potential.