• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 08.19.23 AA Lineup vs AAAA Pitcher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always found, when I was semi into college football, ND to be annoying and ALWAYS rooted for the team that was playing against them. Now I work with someone who played on their women's volleyball team. Nice person but I still just find that ND has the feel of the college version of the Yankees.
My dad graduated from Purdue, so the dislike is pretty deep seeded. OTOH my golf partner (Stanford grad and Stanford baseball season ticket holder) went to a Stanford/ND football game in South Bend (when Stanford was competitive) and said the domers couldn't have been more hospitable

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dad graduated from Purdue, so the dislike is pretty deep seeded. OTOH my golf partner (Stanford grad and Stanford baseball season ticket holder) went to a Stanford/ND football game in South Bend (when Stanford was competitive) and said the domers couldn't have been more hospitable
The annoying wasn't based on people I met from the school. It was more the random fans I met who had absolutely no connection with the school or the area. Felt a lot like Yankee fans.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chit.... TRog was dealin'
The Braves are simply a better team. Hard to get upset when the two teams simply don’t belong on the same field together.

But you can blame the Giants for having such a piss poor record of scouting and signing Latin players.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Life of a reliever.

And this game seems like 2023 in a nutshell. Just when the Giants' offense comes alive a bit, their strength (pitching) has an off day.
Again, I have a hard time blaming the pitchers here. The Braves entire lineup is above average AT LEAST. There is nowhere to hide when pitching to them.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those Giant at bats in the 8th were awful. Like they went up there with wiffle bats.
But at least Ramos didn't play. Could you imagine the outcome if he got a chance? Good thing we've got ol' Pederson in left field.

And boy, has Slater had a horrible 2nd half! He's gone from one of the most valuable hitters on this team to borderline non tender candidate.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I have a hard time blaming the pitchers here. The Braves entire lineup is above average AT LEAST. There is nowhere to hide when pitching to them.
Just shows how poor this roster is. They were able to hide the lack of talent for a long time in May and June. Still not sure how everyone played the way they did at that time when watching this team now.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braves have some good home grown talent but have been good at getting others via trade or free agency: Rosario (Twins), Olson (A’s), Ozuna (Fish), Murphy (A’s) etc

Like Baggs said this morning, the Giants live on the margins and keep signing guys who are broken, stay broken, or are just not game changers.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just shows how poor this roster is. They were able to hide the lack of talent for a long time in May and June. Still not sure how everyone played the way they did at that time when watching this team now.
The roster is deep in that there isn’t much difference between #1 and #26. But when you run into a team that legit could have an argument for BEING the NL all star team, you can’t do a thing but watch.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braves have some good home grown talent but have been good at getting others via trade or free agency: Rosario (Twins), Olson (A’s), Ozuna (Fish) etc.

Like Baggs said this morning, the Giants live on the margins and keep signing guys who are broken, stay broken, or are just not game changers.
That is my default FEELING, but I also have to give them a bit of a pass (kinda). You really need to have your base before you start going all in on the edges. The Giants don’t have a base to build from, yet.

MAYBE Bailey is part of that base.
MAYBE Matos is part of that base.
MAYBE Harrison is part of that base.
MAYBE Schmitt is part of that base.
MAYBE Luciano is part of that base.
MAYBE Whisenhunt is part of that base.

But do any of those guys look like a base of Acuna, Arcia, Albies, Riley, Strider, Elder, etc?

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is my default FEELING, but I also have to give them a bit of a pass (kinda). You really need to have your base before you start going all in on the edges. The Giants don’t have a base to build from, yet.

MAYBE Bailey is part of that base.
MAYBE Matos is part of that base.
MAYBE Harrison is part of that base.
MAYBE Schmitt is part of that base.
MAYBE Luciano is part of that base.
MAYBE Whisenhunt is part of that base.

But do any of those guys look like a base of Acuna, Arcia, Albies, Riley, Strider, Elder, etc?
No