• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 08.19.23 AA Lineup vs AAAA Pitcher

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I smell a shutout?

Wade - 1b
Meckler - cf
Flores - dh
Pederson - lf (again!?!?)
Conforto - rf
Davis - 3b
Sabol - c
Camargo - ss
Estrada - 2b
Webb - sp

At least Camargo hasn't fallen on his face since getting the call up. And what happened to Ramos?? Buried at the end of the bench?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wade - 1b
Meckler - cf
Flores - dh
Conforto - rf
Davis - 3b
Sabol - c
Camargo - ss
Estrada - 2b
Webb - sp

At least Camargo hasn't fallen on his face since getting the call up. And what happened to Ramos?? Buried at the end of the bench?
We have to play Camargo. How can we know what we have in him if we don’t play him?

Sheesh…

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Camargo's out is at least productive. He may be the only good hitter outside of Flores on this team (and that is scary).

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, Estrada continues the poor hitting that was plaguing him when he went on the IL (he was only good for the 1st month and a half of the season).

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news . . . the offense is semi-showing up today (Meckler's 3 for 3 Ks notwithstanding).

Bad news . . . Webb is definitely NOT on his A game tonight.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news . . . the offense is semi-showing up today (Meckler's 3 for 3 Ks notwithstanding).

Bad news . . . Webb is definitely NOT on his A game tonight.
Give credit to one of the most potent lineups in the history of the game. Hard to fault Webb for not mowing these guys down.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wade - 1b
Meckler - cf
Flores - dh
Conforto - rf
Davis - 3b
Sabol - c
Camargo - ss
Estrada - 2b
Webb - sp

Not sure if it's been discussed here, but Jocko was Palo Alto HS's football starting WR. They actually won Cal State D1 Championship beating heavily favored Centennial (highest scoring HS offense in CA history up to 2010). OK HS football, so Joc was a WR big deal. His backup was Davante Adams, as in NFL All Pro WR Davante Adams...

Apparently Jocko was quite the athletic speed merchant with receiver skills at one point. Who knew :scratch:

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if it's been discussed here, but Jocko was Palo Alto HS's football starting WR. They actually won Cal State D1 Championship beating heavily favored Centennial (highest scoring HS offense in CA history up to 2010). OK HS football, so Joc was a WR big deal. His backup was Davante Adams, as in NFL All Pro WR Davante Adams...

Apparently Jocko was quite the athletic speed merchant with receiver skills at one point. Who knew :scratch:
I think it has come up before and is pretty difficult to believe, based on his current body of work.

Reminds me how Jeff Samardzija was a highly touted WR with Notre Dame back in the day but preferred to pitch. His future was supposed to be more promising in the NFL. I did appreciate seeing an athlete choosing the possibility of MLB over the NFL.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even when Camargo grounds into double plays, he still makes it productive. Maybe I need to change my tune from "why was he called up" to "this guy has to be Crawford's successor". There cannot be any middle ground.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it has come up before and is pretty difficult to believe, based on his current body of work.

Reminds me how Jeff Samardzija was a highly touted WR with Notre Dame back in the day but preferred to pitch. His future was supposed to be more promising in the NFL. I did appreciate seeing an athlete choosing the possibility of MLB over the NFL.
Samardzija just killed Stanford when ND came out. We had a good team that year, good defense, but he was unstoppable that Saturday

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Samardzija just killed Stanford when ND came out. We had a good team that year, good defense, but he was unstoppable that Saturday
I always found, when I was semi into college football, ND to be annoying and ALWAYS rooted for the team that was playing against them. Now I work with someone who played on their women's volleyball team. Nice person but I still just find that ND has the feel of the college version of the Yankees.