• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 04/05/15 Warriors @ Spurs, 4:00 pst

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, from the looks of it, the Spurs do have something to play for. They can potentially go from 6th in the West to 2nd. They are only 2 wins behind 4 other teams in the West. But, will it be worth it to go all out? Does playing the Clippers versus Houston, or for that matter, playing Portland or Memphis? What they are not likely to do is to move from 6th place to anything lower, as they now sit 4 games in front of the 7th seed Mavs.

So, this game really does not mean very much, in my opinion, to either team. If it does mean anything, it's for either team to gain confidence over the other team, but I'm not so sure that either coach buys into this sort of thinking.

I don't know what the hell to pick in this one, but I'll go with the Spurs at home. Plus, I think that Kerr won't mind at all playing some of his players less than normal PT...Curry, Thompson, Bogut, etc.

Spurs 105-101......but I hope I'm wrong.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its unfortunate that this game is the back end of a back-to-back. Woud have been nice to see how the two teams match up for the playoffs

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, though we were thoroughly dominated in all aspects of the game, at least we got it out of the way now. Now they can focus on the playoffs and not the win streak. Better that it got snapped now instead of during the playoffs.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a pretty lethargic performance. The Warriors have typically been very good on the back end of back to backs, but there may have been some hangover from the previous night. The Warriors have clinched home court advantage throughout.

I'm not sweating this loss, but it would have been nice to see the Warriors make a statement in the Spurs building. This loss, even including the back to back and any outside factors, solidifies my worry about playing the Spurs in a playoff situation. They're the most dangerous team, outside of us.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs were really on and we got nothing at all from any of the starters other than Curry. At least we knew after just the first quarter that the game was over...didn't have to wonder throughout the entire game what was going to happen. While I know we're supposed to just say "it's one game", this thorough beating is a bit depressing. I hope that we can at least play and win a couple of playoff series before we meet these guys again. On the plus side, Curry's 5 threes puts him only 10 from breaking his own record.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a pretty lethargic performance. The Warriors have typically been very good on the back end of back to backs, but there may have been some hangover from the previous night. The Warriors have clinched home court advantage throughout.

I'm not sweating this loss, but it would have been nice to see the Warriors make a statement in the Spurs building. This loss, even including the back to back and any outside factors, solidifies my worry about playing the Spurs in a playoff situation. They're the most dangerous team, outside of us.

Me neither. It will be interesting though if the two teams meet down the road in the post-season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Me neither. It will be interesting though if the two teams meet down the road in the post-season."

Yes, "interesting", as in scary.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Me neither. It will be interesting though if the two teams meet down the road in the post-season."

Yes, "interesting", as in scary.
I'm confident the Dubs can beat the Spurs because they'll get 4 games at home if they need 'em. They should have knocked the Spurs out of the playofffs two years ago. They had some really unfortunate things happen in that series that happen to teams who don't know how to win yet. I think this year's team knows how to win.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think we beat the Spurs more than any other team in the playoffs other than the Heat, who also got 2 games off of them. Or did we win 3 games? I know we had a huge lead on them in the first game (16 pts with 4 minutes left) and blew it.