• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zobrist Trade Dream...after Smith Deal of course.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a nice idea but I don't know why Tampa Bay would consider trading a solid young pitcher with a team friendly 6-year contract. He'll only earn an average of $3 million a year over the next three years. Tampa Bay robbed that kid. He should fire his agent.

Zobrist falls in my 'be careful what you wish for' department. He scores a few runs and has a decent OBP, but his slugging perccentage has dropped off a cliff the last couple of years and he is no longer much of an RBI threat. At age 34 and playing in the AL West, his SLG isn't likely to improve. His best years are behind him.

Sorry to spoil the fun, Zona. Make up a trade scenario for Tulo or CarGo. I promise that I will try to like it.

Why Tampa would is because they get 3 young, controllable players back plus Medina, who is also under control, and Ramirez who would be free basically and maybe dealt later if he proves he can increase his value.

Tulo scares me because you are paying big for big talent that can only play about 75% of the seasons and that could go down as he gets older. CarGo I have very little love for. Saunders killed his numbers while CarGo is expensive, injury prone more than Tulo, and has bad splits away from Coors.

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's about to be an Athletic shortly along with Escobar if the rumors are true.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, it is a done deal. Jaso and 2 prospects going to Rays. F'ing Jack.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, it is a done deal. Jaso and 2 prospects going to Rays. F'ing Jack.

The more and more I think about Jack's dealings the more he seems to care about perception of the deal as oppose to actually helping the team. Basically every trade he has ever made he has been the, at time of the trade, the paper winner of the deal (except for the Fister deal which I swear he was drunk or under the influence of something when he made that deal). Giving up any prospects that might make a major league roster seems to high of a risk to him.