• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zobrist Trade Dream...after Smith Deal of course.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After trading for Smith, assuming it goes through as speculated, I would love to see M's make a big splash with a deal with TB. Yes this is all early off season fun, but off season is half way over so time to have fun again.

M's Trade:
Walker
Taylor
Ramirez
Medina
Marlette

TB Trades:
Zobrist
Archer
Snell

Extend Zobrist for 2/$20M

Fun to play fantasy GM.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker for Zobrist??? no thanks.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize in that scenario the M's would be getting Chris Archer as well, right?

Thank you. I am a huge Archer fan. He had a 2.78 road era last year and is under control through 2019 I believe.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill be honest I don't know anything about Snell but this would be awesome, especially with a Zobrist extension. I love Archer as well.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snell is a guy with 'potential', but 3 years away most likely. Just a throw-in with upside.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After trading for Smith, assuming it goes through as speculated, I would love to see M's make a big splash with a deal with TB. Yes this is all early off season fun, but off season is half way over so time to have fun again.

M's Trade:
Walker
Taylor
Ramirez
Medina
Marlette

TB Trades:
Zobrist
Archer
Snell

Fun to play fantasy GM.

I am a big fan of Archer also and could see him having much more of an impact than Walker during the 2015 season. I like Zobrist too and think he fits the 2 hole well, problem is the Mariners wont make this trade. They have what they want in RF which is a platoon of Smith and Ruggiano, they have want they want in LF, Ackley. Personally I would put him in LF and play him everyday but the Mariners wont do that and because they wont do that they will not trade for upgrade players.

But I like the thought and if we were playing fantasy GM I would make the trade.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they would, or TB would, but it was fun. On another site I did mention dealing Ackley for other help, even prospects, if this deal was made and put Zobrist in LF as well. Heck, I would even replace Ackley with Taylor in the deal and still do it.

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would it take to get Zobrist+Loney?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Loney could be had for cheap. A lower level minor leaguer. Zobrist would cost probably something close to what Braves got for Upton unfortunately.

I would take Loney, but I know M's love Morrison so no (at least little) chance they go after Loney since he is another LH bat.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a huge fan of Ben Zobrist.

I can't remember who it was, but the Rays wanted to trade Zobrist for a Mariners pitcher straight up and we said no apparently. I don't think it was anyone too good, it was either Brandon Maurer or Erasmo Ramirez.

Zobrist is such a valuable player I was massively disappointed the Mariners never pulled the trigger on that deal. He's a great clubhouse guy, plays 2B, SS and OF all at a very high level. He runs well, hits well, fields well and is a great influence in the clubhouse. The guy is an all around great baseball player and I really do wish the Mariners would somehow add him.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping to deal Franklin and pieces for him last year at deadline. Instead we got Jackson....YAAAaaa.

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Loney could be had for cheap. A lower level minor leaguer. Zobrist would cost probably something close to what Braves got for Upton unfortunately.

I would take Loney, but I know M's love Morrison so no (at least little) chance they go after Loney since he is another LH bat.

I was thinking about getting Loney(hits righties well) then trading Morrison for a guy like Jeff Baker(hits lefties well). Seems like a pretty good platoon for 1B given the lack of firstbasemen likely available.

Although I don't know if there'd be the roster room to have a platoon at 1B unless other roster moves are made.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the problem with platooning, lack of roster spots. If you did get a Baker for example, then Willie would be your only backup infielder unless you count Ackley for emergency cases. For the record, I like Loney better than Morrison as well.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This today:

Robert Murray of MLBDailyRumors.com reports that the Rays and Giants are discussing a trade involving Ben Zobrist.

Murray adds that it's "unknown if anything is close." The Rays are reportedly nearing a deal with Asdrubal Cabrera, which most feel will inevitably lead to them trading Zobrist. The Giants are a great fit, as there are at-bats to be had both at second base and in left field. Zobrist is owed $7.5 million in 2015 before hitting free agency next winter.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants assistant general manager Bobby Evans said in an interview on MLB Network Radio Sunday that the club is "staying engaged" in conversations with the Rays about Ben Zobrist.

It confirms a report last week from Robert Murray of MLBDailyRumors.com which stated that the Giants were in on the 33-year-old. Many teams have been tied to Zobrist, and Evans did note that the club is "realistic" about their chances at landing the versatile player. In addition to the Giants, the Nationals, Angels, and Cubs are in on talks for Zobrist.
Related: Giants

Source: [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]551795899664699392[/MEDIA]"]MLB Network Radio on Twitter[/ame]
Jan 4 - 3:47 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a huge fan of Ben Zobrist.

I can't remember who it was, but the Rays wanted to trade Zobrist for a Mariners pitcher straight up and we said no apparently. I don't think it was anyone too good, it was either Brandon Maurer or Erasmo Ramirez.

Zobrist is such a valuable player I was massively disappointed the Mariners never pulled the trigger on that deal. He's a great clubhouse guy, plays 2B, SS and OF all at a very high level. He runs well, hits well, fields well and is a great influence in the clubhouse. The guy is an all around great baseball player and I really do wish the Mariners would somehow add him.

I think if I remember correctly it was Nick Franklin and Maurer for Zobrist. Of course that was before we acquired Austin Jackson.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have done it.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

M's Trade:
Walker
Taylor
Ramirez
Medina
Marlette

TB Trades:
Zobrist
Archer
Snell

Fun to play fantasy GM.

It's a nice idea but I don't know why Tampa Bay would consider trading a solid young pitcher with a team friendly 6-year contract. He'll only earn an average of $3 million a year over the next three years. Tampa Bay robbed that kid. He should fire his agent.

Zobrist falls in my 'be careful what you wish for' department. He scores a few runs and has a decent OBP, but his slugging perccentage has dropped off a cliff the last couple of years and he is no longer much of an RBI threat. At age 34 and playing in the AL West, his SLG isn't likely to improve. His best years are behind him.

Sorry to spoil the fun, Zona. Make up a trade scenario for Tulo or CarGo. I promise that I will try to like it.