• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yuniesky Betancourt Arrested - 4 felonies

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How crazy! He made $15,755,000.

Wow

I guess that MLB pension ain’t getting it done
Former big-league shortstop Yuniesky Betancourt, who appeared in parts of nine MLB seasons, is facing up to 10 years in prison if he's convicted following an arrest last week in Miami-Dade County on several charges. Those include staged accident, insurance fraud, organized scheme to defraud, and grand theft, Florida CFO Jimmy Patronis announced.

Betancourt, 42, is alleged to have been part of a four-person scheme that staged a car crash and faked injuries to defraud Kemper Insurance. The state's investigation found that "after the accident report date, all four individuals purportedly sought treatment and physical therapy for injuries they never sustained regarding the accident," according to a press release. "Kemper Insurance was billed over $61,000 from the two clinics and paid out over $22,800 for therapy billing of which none of the four individuals were entitled."

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn’t the CBS website but I will take a victory lap on here for this one.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was on an island on how much I hated the guy from the jump.
oh ok. you are really testing the old memory bank on that one but it does sound familiar. I always thought he was a bit lazy. Him and Lopez both.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How crazy! He made $15,755,000.

Former big-league shortstop Yuniesky Betancourt, who appeared in parts of nine MLB seasons, is facing up to 10 years in prison if he's convicted following an arrest last week in Miami-Dade County on several charges. Those include staged accident, insurance fraud, organized scheme to defraud, and grand theft, Florida CFO Jimmy Patronis announced.

Betancourt, 42, is alleged to have been part of a four-person scheme that staged a car crash and faked injuries to defraud Kemper Insurance. The state's investigation found that "after the accident report date, all four individuals purportedly sought treatment and physical therapy for injuries they never sustained regarding the accident," according to a press release. "Kemper Insurance was billed over $61,000 from the two clinics and paid out over $22,800 for therapy billing of which none of the four individuals were entitled."
I'm shocked he made that much

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between 2006-2013, Betancourt made $15.8 million. Why he is risking his freedom for chump change seems rather stupid. But he never seemed to be a particularly bright fellow. I hope he isn't...betandacourt...that he receives an intentional pass on this one.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Player salaries have been shocking me since I've been old enough to read and comprehend dollar value.
I remember my dad talking about how the game would be ruined forever when they announced Ricky Henderson made a million per year as the first one to do it. He wasn't wrong.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember my dad talking about how the game would be ruined forever when they announced Ricky Henderson made a million per year as the first one to do it. He wasn't wrong.
No, he wasn't. Now we have pitchers making $1.15 million per start.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh ok. you are really testing the old memory bank on that one but it does sound familiar. I always thought he was a bit lazy. Him and Lopez both.
Everyone kept touted how good of a story it was with him coming from Cuba or whatever. But in his 2nd game he booted an easy play and was smiling after like he won something. He was the first guy I said I bet my house on him being nothing. Luckily for myself the only other guy I said I’d bet my house on was Heredia so it evens out.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn well I think with the money he had you know he is about to spend a ton on lawyers, probably will do a lot less jail time. Of the 15 million even if he kept half that after paying taxes, agents and other stuff that should be more than enough to live off of and stay out of trouble.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone kept touted how good of a story it was with him coming from Cuba or whatever. But in his 2nd game he booted an easy play and was smiling after like he won something. He was the first guy I said I bet my house on him being nothing. Luckily for myself the only other guy I said I’d bet my house on was Heredia so it evens out.

I recall, I used to sit in the stands and watch the games where he was playing in, and when he would come up to bat, I would make side bets with people I brought to the game on him grounding out to short

He just had one of those swings that he beat the ball in the ground always pulling it to the third base side and would ground out to short, It seemed like 1/2 of his at bats.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya he was just happy being here. I remember you mentioning him in the past on here, but honestly I remember very little about anything back in the CBS days other than when they just pulled the plug without warning. Bastards. Good call though.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn well I think with the money he had you know he is about to spend a ton on lawyers, probably will do a lot less jail time. Of the 15 million even if he kept half that after paying taxes, agents and other stuff that should be more than enough to live off of and stay out of trouble.
You would think, right? So weird. Some people that come from nothing hoard every penny and others blow it the first chance they get. But to do what he is doing now is just nuts.