• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You're the new GM

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a no brained at this point. What are your first moves?

Mine are...
1) Hire Sean Payton at any cost. Stafford will never change, glad to see some of y'all coming around. With that said, Payton is a coach who schemes to his players strengths.
He is IMO one of the only coaches left to help Stafford.

1A) Frank Riech, not sure he is ready to be HC or not though.

2) Retain Teryl Austin. His defense that has lost many key pieces is still making plays. Only way he can be HC is if he still calls the defense. Otherwise parts of his philosophies are lost.

3) Draft or sign a combination of impactful front four player(s)and a LT. Reiff will be serviceable at LT in a power scheme. Taylor is a rotational guy. Can't say yet on Wright and Reid at DT. So just get

4) Repeat step 3 with LB and WR.

5) Late rounds need a TE who can block. Emphasis on the LATE, stone hands are acceptable if he can block

6) sign a veteran CB.

7)ohh yeah I almost forgot. Resign Mulbach, yet again.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford is going nowhere. At least not next year. I feel you just accept it and plan around it.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford is going nowhere. At least not next year

Yep ! 100% agree with that thought process.

I did just state on another thread now that Stafford is scrambling more, Linehan surely didn't ask/expect/teach him to do that, he can play better than what we've known him to play like. Yes, he still needs to be more accurate and not throw at ankles/fans in bleachers/3 ft. above/behind receivers.

I never liked the pick tbh. not 1 bit. I did comprehend the desperation and need though.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be a great thread. I can nearly smell it....like.... well

shit ! this ain't NSFW, is it ?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd extend Staff for ten years.

170 mil.

Bring his Cap Number down. He ain't great, never will be, but he's not awful. 12-16 best QB, that can be good enough to win. When surrounded by talent, with a good D.

Should have already done this so we could still have Johnson and Fairley, but whatever.

I'd talk to Harbaugh, John not Jim. Had enough Jims.

I'd try n deal Abdullah. Kids a liability. Can't have success with fumbkes like that.

And I'd get some fucking cheerleaders. Big Ol' fake titties. Enough of this flat chested jailbate in the corners. Enough.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be a great thread. I can nearly smell it....like.... well

shit ! this ain't NSFW, is it ?

It shall be a great thread INDEED. No one will be met with harsh judgement for stating their opinions.

It's been a great three weeks!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep ! 100% agree with that thought process.

I did just state on another thread now that Stafford is scrambling more, Linehan surely didn't ask/expect/teach him to do that, he can play better than what we've known him to play like. Yes, he still needs to be more accurate and not throw at ankles/fans in bleachers/3 ft. above/behind receivers.

I never liked the pick tbh. not 1 bit. I did comprehend the desperation and need though.
I hated the pick. But it is what it is.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one will be met with harsh judgement for stating their opinions.

BULLSHIT !!!!!

I ran out of Kush, so I feel the need for a landscape Artistry meltdown coming soon to a thread nearby YOU !

U've been warned !?!

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before making any moves to improve the Lions, my curiosity would first have to be satisfied. Before firing Caldwell, I would call him in for a meeting, hook him up to some nitrous oxide, and see if his face cracks.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
) Hire Sean Payton at any cost. Stafford will never change, glad to see some of y'all coming around. With that said, Payton is a coach who schemes to his players strengths.
He is IMO one of the only coaches left to help Stafford

I'm all aboard with this thought

I only comprehend bits and pieces

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He ain't great, never will be, but he's not awful. 12-16 best QB, that can be good enough to win. When surrounded by talent, with a good D.

honestly, I agree with all that right there. especially the bold part.

I was and never will be a Joe Flacco fan but I do see similarities between Staff and Flacco (minus height weight differences). and Caldwell should never have been credited with any accolades tying him to allegedly helping Flacco or the Ravens in their 2012 run. same goes for Caldwell/Peyton and Lombardi/Brees. Those are nothing more than media driven written garbage, IMHO.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BULLSHIT !!!!!

I ran out of Kush, so I feel the need for a landscape Artistry meltdown coming soon to a thread nearby YOU !

U've been warned !?!
I can hook you up with a wood chipper.

Does that help?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have already done this so we could still have Johnson

I made a post yesterday regarding how Larry Fitzgerald restructured his contract twice in the last 2 years. He was due to be a 23M cap hit for AZ this year and I believe that was dwindled down to 14M.

I see the same coming to fruition with CJ next spring, should there be new management (and there should be) and their smart enough.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd extend Staff for ten years.

170 mil.

Bring his Cap Number down. He ain't great, never will be, but he's not awful. 12-16 best QB, that can be good enough to win. When surrounded by talent, with a good D.

Should have already done this so we could still have Johnson and Fairley, but whatever.

I'd talk to Harbaugh, John not Jim. Had enough Jims.
First I will take Harbaugh if Ozzie comes with. That would surely mean Austin is retained.

Second, I'm finding it funny that two of the biggest Stafford bashers are the ones wanting keep him. I've accepted what he is and what he brings. He is never becoming elite. He can win with a defense and a run game. People wanting to trade or cut him will be hating life when you get EJ or some scrub.

I just wish some will quit trying to say he will be something different year 8,9 or beyond.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2) Retain Teryl Austin. His defense that has lost many key pieces is still making plays. Only way he can be HC is if he still calls the defense. Otherwise parts of his philosophies are lost

agree here as well. Maybe if Caldwell gets fired from the Jags, which I don't honestly think will happen this year, I might be interested in him as a DC. not real positive or sure on that as I would need time to let that stew.