• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Top 5 Steelers Players By Position

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great job there Face...hard to even debate many of them also.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB: Terry Bradshaw is a sentimental favorite of mine, but I'd have to put him at #2, behind Ben. Granted, he won more SBs, but Ben isn't finished yet, and I think he's more of an all-around athlete. For third, I guess O'Donnell, though I'd rather forget him. Not sure who I'd put 4th and 5th, but would probably choose from among Brister, Stewart and Maddox. With an Honorable Mention to Mike Kruczek (not sure I spelled that right); anybody remember him besides me?

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB: Terry Bradshaw is a sentimental favorite of mine, but I'd have to put him at #2, behind Ben. Granted, he won more SBs, but Ben isn't finished yet, and I think he's more of an all-around athlete. For third, I guess O'Donnell, though I'd rather forget him. Not sure who I'd put 4th and 5th, but would probably choose from among Brister, Stewart and Maddox. With an Honorable Mention to Mike Kruczek (not sure I spelled that right); anybody remember him besides me?

yeah I remember all of them but Brister wasn't anything special and Stewart was a joke and Maddox was a backup nothing more and Mike K,,, I remember the name but that's all

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I feel the same way about Ben & Terry. Both are great in their own right, but Ben has only just begun to hit his best football years IMO.

I'm pretty sure you mean Mike Tomczak? QB'd alongside Neil O'Donnell from '93-96ish.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously Bradshaw played on some stacked teams and the game was differeent back then, but the 2 latter SB wins in the 70s were a lot on Bradshaw's arm...Ben could surpass him in my book as well, but the era of football was so much better.

Between the two there was some bad QBs in between...Cliff Stout, and Mark Woodley come to mind...Mark Malone might be my 3rd guy because I can't pick O'Donnell, Brister was actually not a terrible QB...I want to say he actually started for another team or 2 after he left.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hellva walk thru memory lane Steeler faithful. Imagine IF you could "clone" those HOF boys and get em back on the field together at the same time.

Same goes for the rest of the league, for let's say 1 season!

Good stuff and a read...stay easy and enjoy the ride...:suds:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I remember all of them but Brister wasn't anything special and Stewart was a joke and Maddox was a backup nothing more and Mike K,,, I remember the name but that's all

Brister definitely was very mediocre.. I only included him as the '89 Brister that took the team from a very poor 0-2 start to the playoffs.

Stewart was fun to watch, but definitely nothing spectacular. He was the first QB with that type of talent that I had ever witnessed so it was very new to me. He made for some exciting games.

Maddox was a hero after he took the helm from Stewart... But it was short lived because every season after that he was a starting backup qb.

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Bradshaw played on some stacked teams and the game was differeent back then, but the 2 latter SB wins in the 70s were a lot on Bradshaw's arm...Ben could surpass him in my book as well, but the era of football was so much better.

Between the two there was some bad QBs in between...Cliff Stout, and Mark Woodley come to mind...Mark Malone might be my 3rd guy because I can't pick O'Donnell, Brister was actually not a terrible QB...I want to say he actually started for another team or 2 after he left.

he went to the Jets for big money if I remember right

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the same way about Ben & Terry. Both are great in their own right, but Ben has only just begun to hit his best football years IMO.

I'm pretty sure you mean Mike Tomczak? QB'd alongside Neil O'Donnell from '93-96ish.

Nope. I was talking about the rookie backup QB who took over the team when Terry Bradshaw got pile-driven into the ground by that POS Turkey Joe Jones of the old Browns. Did an amazing job, and saved the season.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please keep Cliff Stoudt's name out of this thread... Better yet, out of your memory... What about backups Jim Miller & Kent Graham? :laugh3:

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I was talking about the rookie backup QB who took over the team when Terry Bradshaw got pile-driven into the ground by that POS Turkey Joe Jones of the old Browns. Did an amazing job, and saved the season.

thanks north now I can put a face on him,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I was going to look him up

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure that he was only with the Steelers for one or two seasons. Don't know what became of him.

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Kruczek

Football head coach

Michael Francis "Mike" Kruczek is an American football coach and former quarterback. He is currently the head varsity coach for Trinity Preparatory School of Florida.

He was selected in the second round of the 1976 NFL Draft by the Pittsburgh Steelers and played in 29 games for them from 1976–1979 and was a member of Super Bowl championship squads in 1978 and 1979.

Kruczek distinguished himself in the NFL as a rookie in 1976 when he stepped into the lineup for an injured Terry Bradshaw and led the Steelers to six consecutive victories en route to the AFC title game. This record for wins as rookie stood until 2004 when it was surpassed by another Steeler, Ben Roethlisberger. He concluded his NFL career in 1980 with the Washington Redskins

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be damned. I spelled his name right, 30 yrs after the fact.

Thanx for looking that up, GG. Always wondered what became of him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh yeeeeea... I wasn't around back then (GG calls me a "Steelers Pup"), but I remember hearing about when Bradshaw went down. I got the story from my dad long ago. I don't think he even remembers that guy's name!?

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeeeeea... I wasn't around back then (GG calls me a "Steelers Pup"), but I remember hearing about when Bradshaw went down. I got the story from my dad long ago. I don't think he even remembers that guy's name!?

PUP,,,,,,,, it's a term of endearment ,,,,,,,,,if I didn't like you I wouldn't take the time to yank your chain

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PUP,,,,,,,, it's a term of endearment ,,,,,,,,,if I didn't like you I wouldn't take the time to yank your chain

Good to know!

Hopefully someday I can pass the torch

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brister definitely was very mediocre.. I only included him as the '89 Brister that took the team from a very poor 0-2 start to the playoffs.

Stewart was fun to watch, but definitely nothing spectacular. He was the first QB with that type of talent that I had ever witnessed so it was very new to me. He made for some exciting games.

Maddox was a hero after he took the helm from Stewart... But it was short lived because every season after that he was a starting backup qb.

He's doing afternoon drive on sportstalk radio here. He's always joking RG3, RW, Kaep...all these guys should be giving him a %. He might've been the 1st sort of dual threat by design type QB.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem with Stewart was that he never took responsibility for his own fuckups. I still have family in the Burgh, so I get to watch several games a yr from there on local TV, including the postgame stuff.

One time, after he threw a pick that cost our boys the game, all he could do was gush about the amazing play that the defender made. There were 3 of us in front of the TV, and we were arguing back with him, in unison...

Stewart: Man, he made a great play!
Us: You threw him the ball, Slash.

Stewart: Did you see it? Great play!
Us: You threw him the fucking ball.

Stewart: It was a fantastic defensive play!
Us: He was standing there flat-footed, and you hit him in the numbers!

Yup, that was ol' Slash, for ya. At least Ben will admit it when he fucks up.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does okay in his new day job I guess...I never took him serious as a QB.