• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Your Texas Rangers at the Oakland A's

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, there should be a decent book on Perez by now. It's like he changes his approach a little every start.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo being out will help him with that... but I agree, they really need to find a way to get both Kouz and Choice out there everyday... even when Choo and Beltre are back... too bad neither can catch or play 2B.

Make a suggestion please. Too throw this out with "find a way" means little.

There's only so many positions/AB to be had. And like it or not, MM is going to get some of them - as he should - and there just isn't enough to go around. Kouz's back will limit him somewhat, but he can certainly help to try and keep Beltre on his feet. And Choice can do same for Choo, for now.

I just don't want to see everyone used so little we run the risk of one/all cooling at the same time.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make a suggestion please. Too throw this out with "find a way" means little.

There's only so many positions/AB to be had. And like it or not, MM is going to get some of them - as he should - and there just isn't enough to go around. Kouz's back will limit him somewhat, but he can certainly help to try and keep Beltre on his feet. And Choice can do same for Choo, for now.

I just don't want to see everyone used so little we run the risk of one/all cooling at the same time.

Haha, I can make suggestions but there are 2 problems: 1. I'm not sure there is a realistic way to do this. 2. Even if I was able to find a way, I don't think Wash and his staff read my comments when they are looking for direction.

Anyway, I will give it a go. The only way I can realistically see them all in the lineup is if they put in Choice for Martin... but Martin has been hotter than Choice, plays better defense, and steals a ton of bags. So that's out. A much more unrealistic option would be to move Kouz to 2B, then Choice would DH and give the OF rest. But Kouz can't play second... so that's out. Now, Beltre actually might have the range to play 2B, so you could possibly move him to 2b and then give Kouz 3B but it would be unrealistic to expect him to play 2B bc I don't think he has in his entire ML career. So that's out. Beyond a person learning a new position or a 10 player line up... I don't see a way but I still sure would like them to find one.

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, I can make suggestions but there are 2 problems: 1. I'm not sure there is a realistic way to do this. 2. Even if I was able to find a way, I don't think Wash and his staff read my comments when they are looking for direction.

Anyway, I will give it a go. The only way I can realistically see them all in the lineup is if they put in Choice for Martin... but Martin has been hotter than Choice, plays better defense, and steals a ton of bags. So that's out. A much more unrealistic option would be to move Kouz to 2B, then Choice would DH and give the OF rest. But Kouz can't play second... so that's out. Now, Beltre actually might have the range to play 2B, so you could possibly move him to 2b and then give Kouz 3B but it would be unrealistic to expect him to play 2B bc I don't think he has in his entire ML career. So that's out. Beyond a person learning a new position or a 10 player line up... I don't see a way but I still sure would like them to find one.

He's not a second baseman. You think his defense at third is suspect? What's what happens when you do that.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a second baseman. You think his defense at third is suspect? What's what happens when you do that.

Hence those being unrealistic options... you never teach a player to play a new position during the season let alone whether or not they have the skill set to play said position. Pretty much looks like when Beltre and Choo are back we will just have a revolving door at DH. Kouz can let Beltre Dh some as he heals up. Choice can rest the OF and Kouz. And Moreland will have to find his way in there somehow too. Like Greg said... it's a good problem to have. I just wonder if Choice will be sent down when Beltre and Choo are healthy. Between Kouz, Choice, and Moreland, there is no way he gets the AB'S he needs but he does deserve to be here. I also don't see any way you can keep a rotation of 3 players hot.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hence those being unrealistic options... you never teach a player to play a new position during the season let alone whether or not they have the skill set to play said position. Pretty much looks like when Beltre and Choo are back we will just have a revolving door at DH. Kouz can let Beltre Dh some as he heals up. Choice can rest the OF and Kouz. And Moreland will have to find his way in there somehow too. Like Greg said... it's a good problem to have. I just wonder if Choice will be sent down when Beltre and Choo are healthy. Between Kouz, Choice, and Moreland, there is no way he gets the AB'S he needs but he does deserve to be here. I also don't see any way you can keep a rotation of 3 players hot.
I think the answer is AAA. Who you send down is the question. Whoever it is will get lots of AB and be ready when the SDH cools down. Just my thoughts. Probably MM stays put being a lefty.