• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Your Texas Rangers at the Colorado Rockies 5/5 - 5/6

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cinco de Mayo. :suds: :suds: :suds:

But seriously... Its Monday.

Ahh....it's Cinco and the cartels are being blamed for the scarcity of limes. Seriously...not making this up.

But hey, you sleepy heads better come around. We've gotten put our games faces on in a few hours.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wash really drives me crazy. Quit taking out guys that hit the night before. JP finally hits the damn ball and you take him out the next day. It just doesn't make sense. I know JP is more likely to have an 0fer than to duplicate that kind of a night again, but I don't see why you don't give him the chance.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wash really drives me crazy. Quit taking out guys that hit the night before. JP finally hits the damn ball and you take him out the next day. It just doesn't make sense. I know JP is more likely to have an 0fer than to duplicate that kind of a night again, but I don't see why you don't give him the chance.

Didn't you want JPA DFAed last week? Should one decent game really change that philosophy?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's just another day in Wash's World hoss.

It doesn't make sense to ya b/c it doesn't make sense. It's almost by design, nonsensical.

Nathan Ahle/Triple 7

Autobots, roll out!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chirinos has caught every game Perez has started so far. Those two guys have a pretty good chemistry so that's why JP isn't in the lineup tonight

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you want JPA DFAed last week? Should one decent game really change that philosophy?

No, I didn't say DFA. I said we have Gimenez in the minors that I'm sure can bat higher than .100. Neither JPA or Robinson can hit worth a shit so when one of them produces you leave him in there. IMO

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chirinos has caught every game Perez has started so far. Those two guys have a pretty good chemistry so that's why JP isn't in the lineup tonight

Yeah I know that, but Perez got lit up last game with Chirinos in there. I know that was on Perez, but I still would rather have the guy that was hitting well last night in there as opposed to a "chemistry" between pitcher/catcher. Who knows maybe Robinson will pick up where JPA left off.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, to answer your question.

I understand, actually agree, where you're coming from. But we've so struggled for so long with the bats - especially one JPA - and now he has a very good game (2 feet away from a great one) and you bench him.

Look....I thought before yesterday he shouldn't be on the team. However, HE IS. Wash/JD dictated this, not you or I. So if you on purpose make him the # 2 catcher and he "finally" has a good game, for the love-of-Pete give him another start.

Now, the fact Cheerios has done a great job with Perez may be the trump card, and a good one.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, to answer your question.

I understand, actually agree, where you're coming from. But we've so struggled for so long with the bats - especially one JPA - and now he has a very good game (2 feet away from a great one) and you bench him.

Look....I thought before yesterday he shouldn't be on the team. However, HE IS. Wash/JD dictated this, not you or I. So if you on purpose make him the # 2 catcher and he "finally" has a good game, for the love-of-Pete give him another start.

Well said

Nathan Ahle/Triple 7

Autobots, roll out!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I know that, but Perez got lit up last game with Chirinos in there. I know that was on Perez, but I still would rather have the guy that was hitting well last night in there as opposed to a "chemistry" between pitcher/catcher. Who knows maybe Robinson will pick up where JPA left off.

I think he will do fine. Yes Perez did get rocked last time, but Chirinos did catch 5 very good games with Perez.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will do fine. Yes Perez did get rocked last time, but Chirinos did catch 5 very good games with Perez.

Honestly....no disrespect meant. But BFD.

Let me ask, how many games last season did Perez throw to Chirinos? Wasn't Soto his main receiver?

Regardless, as much as I like Perez (like him A LOT) he is not in a position on the major league level to be catered too with a personal catcher, if this is what you're alluding too.

How about this, throw a good game and let me set the line-up? signed.....RW

Nathan Ahle/Triple 7

Autobots, roll out!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly....no disrespect meant. But BFD.

Let me ask, how many games last season did Perez throw to Chirinos? Wasn't Soto his main receiver?

Regardless, as much as I like Perez (like him A LOT) he is not in a position on the major league level to be catered too with a personal catcher, if this is what you're alluding too.

How about this, throw a good game and let me set the line-up? signed.....RW

Those 5 great games I referenced were all from this season. So far they gotten off to a great start together. I personally don't think he NEEDS Chirinos to catch him and wouldn't have a problem if JP was catching. Just giving my take on why JP was left out

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those 5 great games I referenced were all from this season. So far they gotten off to a great start together. I personally don't think he NEEDS Chirinos to catch him and wouldn't have a problem if JP was catching. Just giving my take on why JP was left out

I hear ya boss. I'm not arguing with ya.

But to me, it's trying to make sense with what RW does in the X & O Dept. day-in, day-out. And it doesn't wash; pun intended.

And he has not had 5 great games this season IMO.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya boss. I'm not arguing with ya.

But to me, it's trying to make sense with what RW does in the X & O Dept. day-in, day-out. And it doesn't wash; pun intended.

And he has not had 5 great games this season IMO.
Cheerios has proven he is the better of the two both on offense and defense. When Soto gets back, Cheerios will be back up and JP will be only a bad memory. What Wash will have in the line up is any ones guess. My take on these two.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheerios has proven he is the better of the two both on offense and defense. When Soto gets back, Cheerios will be back up and JP will be only a bad memory. What Wash will have in the line up is any ones guess. My take on these two.

Well, my goodness....nice to hear from ya. Through with all that "fish-cleaning-drudgery?" haha

But please.....let's all take a step back from anointing Robinson Chirinos with any title just yet.

And from I read yesterday/day before, Soto is "maybe" back in late June......maybe. Ouch

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We honestly need a bash Wash thread... it would be very popular.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, my goodness....nice to hear from ya. Through with all that "fish-cleaning-drudgery?" haha

But please.....let's all take a step back from anointing Robinson Chirinos with any title just yet.

And from I read yesterday/day before, Soto is "maybe" back in late June......maybe. Ouch
Did not anoint him . We won't keep both these guys and I don't think JP stays but like I said, what Wash does ....well who knows.

Finished w/ fish

Nathan Ahle/Triple 7

Autobots, roll out!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did not anoint him . We won't keep both these guys and I don't think JP stays but like I said, what Wash does ....well who knows.

Finished w/ fish

Did you go fishing or something? And if so, how many did you catch and and what kind?