• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Texas Rangers are 2015 AL West Champions!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but then we had him start mostly and we had him when he was younger. As fans we tend to give up on young pitchers way too early. I remember some on the ESPN board were so glad to see him leave because just like most fans they couldn't understand that sometimes it takes awhile for young pitchers to develop.

I wouldn't mind having him and Edwards back now. I hated that trade when we made it because we needed offense at the time more than pitching and Garza was not going to make a difference.

I'll never forget people on ESPN saying we needed to trade Perez because he was a lost cause. :L

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never forget people on ESPN saying we needed to trade Perez because he was a lost cause. :L
I won't ever forget ESPN period. Thanks for inviting me to come over to SportsHoopla. Been happy here every since.:thumb:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't ever forget ESPN period. Thanks for inviting me to come over to SportsHoopla. Been happy here every since.:thumb:

Company is pretty good here, and I am sure glad I don't have to deal with those Facebook dipsticks!

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an ESPN alum the worst part of the trade was giving up CJ and not getting an extension of Garza. Grimm and Olt were good too despite Olt issues at time. Makes getting multiple years seem more palatable. Generally you have to give up talent to get talent. Cubs have done extremely well in acquiring talent and Phillies made a good haul giving up Hamels. We got a division title earlier than anticipated so there is some good to it. I did not prefer Facebook but if there is interesting discourse it was doable. It did digress and the format was undoable. Most of you guys here were the best posters back in the day although there was a wealth of other posters whereabouts unknown.

Btw Garza sure sure had issues with the bunt

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Very funny. I didn't know you were on there at the time of the Garza trade though.

Let's be accurate though. I never claimed Perez was a lost cause. In fact the only prospect I have come close to saying that about was Kirkman and I don't even think he could be considered a prospect any longer by then. What I had said about Perez during his last couple of years in the minors is that I thought he was overrated. I also usually don't say we need to trade prospects without getting something of value. He was one I thought we should consider putting in a trade if the trade was a good one though. I always thought he would have a hard time living up to his hype and if some other team believed his hype then I wouldn't have been opposed to trading him. I certainly didn't want to get rid of him just to be getting rid of him.

I will let you in on a little secret though. I once, very briefly, thought the same about Brinson. I certainly don't feel that way any longer.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an ESPN alum the worst part of the trade was giving up CJ and not getting an extension of Garza. Grimm and Olt were good too despite Olt issues at time. Makes getting multiple years seem more palatable. Generally you have to give up talent to get talent. Cubs have done extremely well in acquiring talent and Phillies made a good haul giving up Hamels. We got a division title earlier than anticipated so there is some good to it. I did not prefer Facebook but if there is interesting discourse it was doable. It did digress and the format was undoable. Most of you guys here were the best posters back in the day although there was a wealth of other posters whereabouts unknown.

The worst part of the trade to me was that it didn't make any sense. We were short on offense. Very short. Pitching was not going to help.

The extension didn't matter. We had a shot at him in free agency if we had wanted him longer. The trade and signing him long term were two separate discussions to me. I didn't want him either time, in trade or in free agency.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Cubs also hired a very good manager.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but then we had him start mostly and we had him when he was younger. As fans we tend to give up on young pitchers way too early. I remember some on the ESPN board were so glad to see him leave because just like most fans they couldn't understand that sometimes it takes awhile for young pitchers to develop.

I wouldn't mind having him and Edwards back now. I hated that trade when we made it because we needed offense at the time more than pitching and Garza was not going to make a difference.
I felt like Grimm's stats were so-so and as stated he was a starter. There is a difference between a guy getting to air it out for an inning and trying to make it through 6. Turns out the Cubs got more out of him by making him a reliever so good move on their part.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt like Grimm's stats were so-so and as stated he was a starter. There is a difference between a guy getting to air it out for an inning and trying to make it through 6. Turns out the Cubs got more out of him by making him a reliever so good move on their part.
I hope that is what we are going to get with Luke Jackson.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, in my comment above I was assuming you were referring to me since we have had discussions about me thinking Perez was overrated previously. If not, my bad for assuming wrong.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perez has regressed emotionally. He seemed to get over hump prior to surgery and now he has to do it all over again. Learned once to slow the game down when in trouble.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Perez will be better next year. It seems to take a while for players to get back to where they were before the injury. He will have a full offseason to go through normal preparation for 2016.

I don't think Darvish will be 100% either when he comes back next season, either. I'd love for him to prove me wrong though.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Perez will be better next year. It seems to take a while for players to get back to where they were before the injury. He will have a full offseason to go through normal preparation for 2016.

I don't think Darvish will be 100% either when he comes back next season, either. I'd love for him to prove me wrong though.
I would also include Holland to that list.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fraley: The 'early haymaker' could be the deciding factor in the Rangers decisive Game 5

Throwing the early haymaker.

"Attack them the right way and score early," Rangers shortstop Elvis Andrus said. "That's going to be the key for us."

During the regular season, the Rangers and Toronto were the best in the majors at getting early jumps on opponents.

Toronto led the majors for runs during the first three innings with 318. The Blue Jays were 65-22 when scoring first.

The Rangers ranked second for runs in the first three innings with 300. They were 65-25 when scoring first.

That pattern has held in this series. The first team to score has won all four games.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 5 today. Win or its over.

Good news - We have Cole Hamels on the hill.
Bad news - Its the 4th straight game started by a LH.
I hope he can shut them down and use his CH more often than he did in Game 2.

Rangers desperately need at least two of Hamilton, Fielder, Choo & Moreland to show up.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 5 today. Win or its over.

Good news - We have Cole Hamels on the hill.
Bad news - Its the 4th straight game started by a LH.
I hope he can shut them down and use his CH more often than he did in Game 2.

Rangers desperately need at least two of Hamilton, Fielder, Choo & Moreland to show up.

i'd say 3 of them

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate to say this, but from what I've seen about a month now, Prince seems like a lost cause at this point.