• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your teams most devastating turnover you can remember

Bulldog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can remember being a Joe Montana fan since he was at Notre Dame and when he became a 49er I became a 49er fan. I remember the '91 NFC championship game 49er's VS NY Giants. The 49er's had won the SB the last two years and were leading in the '91 championship game. They were driving up the field with something like 5 minutes left in the game, they had just crossed into the Giants side of the field. Montana took the snap and handed off to Roger Craig who run for a few yards and fumbled. Giants recovered and drove the ball into the endzone for the winning touchdown. To this day I havren't forgiven Craig for fumbling. He was never the same player after that game.

What's your teams most devastating turnover? By the way, the Giants went on to beat the Buffalo Bills in the '91 SB 20-19

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can remember being a Joe Montana fan since he was at Notre Dame and when he became a 49er I became a 49er fan. I remember the '91 NFC championship game 49er's VS NY Giants. The 49er's had won the SB the last two years and were leading in the '91 championship game. They were driving up the field with something like 5 minutes left in the game, they had just crossed into the Giants side of the field. Montana took the snap and handed off to Roger Craig who run for a few yards and fumbled. Giants recovered and drove the ball into the endzone for the winning touchdown. To this day I havren't forgiven Craig for fumbling. He was never the same player after that game.

What's your teams most devastating turnover? By the way, the Giants went on to beat the Buffalo Bills in the '91 SB 20-19
:gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah: Thanks for bringing back that memory! I need to find a happy place!

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2002 NFCCG -- Ronde Barber's backbreaking redzone pick-six.

I remember just watching the snap, and yelling at my TV "don't throw that ball!" ...... then McNabb threw it ..... right into Ronde's arms. That was our year to win it all.....

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was 2006 when Jerome Bettis fumbled against the Colts in the playoffs when Nick Harper picked it up and got tackled by Big Ben. It ended up working out in the end for the Steelers but I have NEVER felt so much emotion over a fumble in my life. It was like living in the Matrix, I saw the ball fall to the ground and everything went silent other than that ringing in your ears that you hear when you think about it. Even though the Steelers won, it was the worst fumble in Steelers history for me.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grossman throwing the pick six to Kelvin Hayden when the Bears were driving down 22-17 in Super Bowl XLI. The Bears were the best team all year (3rd in PPG, 2nd in PPG Allowed), and 5 turnovers killed them that day. Had it been four without that Pick Six, they'd have won.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brett Favre's interception to end the playoffs against the Giants in his last ever pass attempt in a Green Bay uniform.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This video sucks but here it is.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icaMH-yT99I]Brett Favre's Last Pass as a Packer, Jet and in 2009 as a Viking. - YouTube[/ame]

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brett Favre's interception to end the playoffs against the Giants in his last ever pass attempt in a Green Bay uniform.

Yeah, there's really not much debate about this one.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We want the ball and we're gonna score."

No TO lost Seattle the SBOWL against the Steelers. They just played crappy... so I gotta go for the next worst thing for Seattle anyway, playoffs.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No TO lost Seattle the SBOWL against the Steelers. They just played crappy... so I gotta go for the next worst thing for Seattle anyway, playoffs.

I think this is one of my favorite ones!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAgG9XcrDFY]Matt Hasselback: "We'll take the ball, and we're gonna score." - YouTube[/ame]

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im confused as to which team is OP's 'team' but Ty Law pick 6

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rashard Mendenhall fumbling in the Superbowl against Green Bay. Killed any momentum we may have had to pull out a comeback

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neil O'Donnel's

pick in the SB XXX vs DAL.

The throw was so bad that you wonder if the WR ran the wrong route. The 1st time PIT had lost to DAL in a SB I think.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as soon as I read the title of the thread my mind went immediately to the 2007 INT by Favre...I was crushed.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say the name Marlon McCree to a Charger fan and the reaction will be similar to saying "Ryan Leaf".

2006 playoffs, Chargers home as the #1 seed against NE after a 14-2 season. To that point no team could touch them. They were a lock and had they won the game would host their bitch, the Indianapolis Colts, for the AFC Championship, with Rex Grossman awaiting them in the Super Bowl.

Around 3 minutes left, Patriots with 4th and 5 from the Chargers 41 yard line. Brady throws, and it's picked by McCree. Now nevermind the fact that knocking the ball down pretty much ends the game. That's dumbfuck move #1 by McCree. But at least he'll realize the situation and hit the deck to seal the deal, right? Wrong. Dumbfuck move #2 is running with the ball. Dumbfuck move #3 is not protecting it with all your life. Needless to say he fumbles. 1st and 10 Pats, the rest is history.

To this day that idiot says he doesn't regret it. He would try to score again. Unbelievable stupidity.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree, Shark, the INT that Hasslebeck threw right after the phantom holding call on Locklear and the personal foul for making the tackle, pretty much sealed our fate in SB XL, which makes it the most devastating turnover in franchise history.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fumble

I knew I would be seeing that from Cleveland fan.....I get it....Byner going in to seal the Browns going to the SB....To this day whenever you bring up Ernest Byners name, the fumble comes right after it...... DOnt get me wrong.....I totally see why you would say that......You had your ticket punched.....Brutal way to lose the AFC Championship!!!!

thing is...Byner was NOT a fumbler....AS a Skins Fan I thank the Browns for trading Byner to the Skins..We got a Multiple 1000yd back for Mike Olophant who was out of the league in 2 years after the trade... Byner helped lead the Skins to their last SB trophy!!!

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew I would be seeing that from Cleveland fan.....I get it....Byner going in to seal the Browns going to the SB....To this day whenever you bring up Ernest Byners name, the fumble comes right after it...... DOnt get me wrong.....I totally see why you would say that......You had your ticket punched.....Brutal way to lose the AFC Championship!!!!

thing is...Byner was NOT a fumbler....AS a Skins Fan I thank the Browns for trading Byner to the Skins..We got a Multiple 1000yd back for Mike Olophant who was out of the league in 2 years after the trade... Byner helped lead the Skins to their last SB trophy!!!

Yea he was a beast. Also the browns wouldn't have been in that game if he hadn't beasted that day, but the fumble will live on.

Red right 88 was another costly turnover.