• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your programs top 10 QBs according to you

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they don't. In fact, according to Max Preps, only one high school from the Phoenix metro area has finished in the top 25 the last 3 years (Chandler Hamilton) and they finished #17 last year. Again, I lived in Scottsdale for a decade and watched plenty of high school football during that time frame. There is a reason ASU and UofA are never NC contenders and aren't powerhouses; the in state talent is just mediocre.

I get you used to live there, but a lot of people have moved into the area. More people = more recruits. Arizona had 7 national recruits last year and a couple more this year. I would expect football to grow in the area. 5 star DT for next year. I said it is still early and growing, but that is the time to be involved. Competition is low. Great place to establish some connections and pick up a kid or 2 every year.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard somewhere that Southlake recruits HS kids and several big wheels will give their parents coush jobs makin six figures so that they can move to that school district. That place is too rich for me. Tried to exit there once and my steering wheel wouldn't turn. Cars under $60K are programmed to stay out of Southlake.

I happen to be a bit suspect of kids coming out of places like Carroll and Katy. They great coaching and support. Surrounded by good players. They do produce some good players, but a lot of them seem to be maxed out players that are over-rated in my opinion. That tends to happen at a lot of the "power high schools"

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard somewhere that Southlake recruits HS kids and several big wheels will give their parents coush jobs makin six figures so that they can move to that school district. That place is too rich for me. Tried to exit there once and my steering wheel wouldn't turn. Cars under $60K are programmed to stay out of Southlake.

Carroll does recruit kids, that's not a lie, but a lot of the wealthy suburban schools do this in the D/FW metroplex, hence the reason the best talent and best high school ball comes from this area. One thing about Carroll and why they are such a powerhouse is that these kids are running that bad ass, no huddle offense in Pop Warner as 9 and 10 year olds. By the time they get to high school, they know that offense. I used to coach Pop Warner football in the mid cities area and you would have Southlake high school coaches watching these Pop Warner football games, giving advice to the kids, coaches, etc. Basically what I'm saying is, they have perfectly fine tuned engine and system in place that has been successful for decades. But for sure, that school recruits like no other!!!! It also helps that you have a lot of current and former professional athletes who live in Southlake so their kids go to the school as well (IE Kenny Hill whose dad played in the MLB).....

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I happen to be a bit suspect of kids coming out of places like Carroll and Katy. They great coaching and support. Surrounded by good players. They do produce some good players, but a lot of them seem to be maxed out players that are over-rated in my opinion. That tends to happen at a lot of the "power high schools"

Yes they do......

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get you used to live there, but a lot of people have moved into the area. More people = more recruits. Arizona had 7 national recruits last year and a couple more this year. I would expect football to grow in the area. 5 star DT for next year. I said it is still early and growing, but that is the time to be involved. Competition is low. Great place to establish some connections and pick up a kid or 2 every year.

That state has an influx of illegal Mexicans moving in, for sure. AZ should be a powerhouse in soccer pretty soon.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't Hill's dad play for the Rangers?

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they don't. In fact, according to Max Preps, only one high school from the Phoenix metro area has finished in the top 25 the last 3 years (Chandler Hamilton) and they finished #17 last year. Again, I lived in Scottsdale for a decade and watched plenty of high school football during that time frame. There is a reason ASU and UofA are never NC contenders and aren't powerhouses; the in state talent is just mediocre.

That's not true at all. I'm not going to look it up, but I know for a fact that Mountain Pointe alone finished 6th in MaxPreps national rankings last year. It's not CA, TX, or FL obviously, but there's significant talent out here. And one of the main reasons for ASU and U of A being so mediocre as you mentioned is because they do not retain ANY four or five stars Phoenix kids, as in pretty much none. They all head out of state to more powerful programs that are richer in tradition.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, 1st time since 1937 that happened. Eventually, that streak was going to end. Not sure if there is another school out there who had at least 1 player drafted in the AFL/NFL for 76 years in a row. Plus, I don't think there is another coach out there who has produced more elite NFL talent than Mack Brown has, but regardless, he needed to step down; his time was up. They don't have that much of a recruiting hot bed than Oregon, IMO. You don't need to recruit in state in order to have a good program. Hell, OU would have to drop football altogether if they had to recruit in state only and Oregon seems to do just fine without elite in state talent. I was just pointing out to the BSU fan that the state of AZ plays some mediocre high school football and that's simply b/c the state of AZ doesn't produce enough elite talent. Just checked out Rivals rankings for 2015 and the state of AZ has one player ranked in the top 100.

Yeah and in 2014 there were four players in the top 100.

And the one kid currently listed for 2015 is Christian Kirk, the #2 WR in the county on most services.