• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You heard it here first. Cincinnati is going to sign Dwayne Bowe

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie Wayne is 33 years old. He's not at the stage of his career where he is a solid #2. He's at the stage of his career where he is rapidly becoming over the hill.

We go over this all the time.... After receivers hit 32-33, they start declining and declining rapidly. There just aren't that many good receivers that continue to perform into their mid-thirties. Do we really need another Lavernius Coles situation?

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Our fuck up with Coles makes me hesitant on looking at Reggie Wayne. As for Dwayne Bowe...he'll be paid to be someone's #1. As well he should. No way he comes here. Manningham makes much more sense for us and will allow Shipley to work inside with Gresham taking a bigger as a detached Y receiver as well as in-line TE

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the age thing depends on the guy. As Tubbs will attest Wayne has spent his career doing a good job of avoiding hits. I think he has another 2 to 3 productive years in him. When we signed Coles he was already over the hill and unwanted by most teams. Two very different situations. I'd take Wayne in a heartbeat.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin Harrison never got hit - He was legendary for his ability to avoid it. He didn't produce after he turned 34.

Torry Holt broke down at 32.

Chad Johnson broke down at 32.

I could actually go on, but what's the point? The only recent guy I can remember having a lot of success in his mid-thirties is Terrell Owens (a guy that is super physical and DOES get hit).

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those guys you mention, grad, are guys who relied on speed. They've relied on getting open deep and making their catches that way.

Wayne survives on getting open on the 8-12 yard route and making yards after the catch. Wayne has never been a burner. He's smart. He knows how to find the holes in a defense, and settles in. It is way different that Holt, Ocho, and Harrison.

Also, we're not signing anyone to a huge contract. I just don't see that one occuring.

For a 2-3 year deal, I would take a flyer on wayne for the right price.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wouldn't touch a receiver on the Colts, ever. Manning has made too many people look a lot better than they actually are.

NCGhosthunter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Free Agent after this year. Unrestricted.

he is gone in KC, there is no passing game.

could you even begin to imagine him with Green? He is exactly what they would need.

I believe the Bengals should have around 30 Million to spend, so getting Andre and Pac Man back would be huge. But, with the draft picks, some other FAs, they would still have PLENTY of room to make one big FA splash.

As far as I can recall, the biggest FA the bengals have ever signed since I have been alive was a 36 year old TO. Or Maybe when they signed Odom. Lol. Oh ya, Coles and Larry Johnson

Lord, I would love that!

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i'm sure some people will be watching the Bearcats/Scarlet Knights game today. I think Mohamed Sanu from Rutgers would be a perfect fit as the #2 WR to AJ Green. we could spend our 1st rders on help for the secondary and interior of the OL and then grab Sanu in the 2nd. i think he's going to be a great possesion WR in the NFL. worth keeping an eye on in the game today imo

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm sure some people will be watching the Bearcats/Scarlet Knights game today. I think Mohamed Sanu from Rutgers would be a perfect fit as the #2 WR to AJ Green. we could spend our 1st rders on help for the secondary and interior of the OL and then grab Sanu in the 2nd. i think he's going to be a great possesion WR in the NFL. worth keeping an eye on in the game today imo

I don't see Sanu falling to anywhere near us in the 2nd. He will be long gone by then. Being projected as a late 1st/early 2nd.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't see Sanu falling to anywhere near us in the 2nd. He will be long gone by then. Being projected as a late 1st/early 2nd.

that's possible.. it's early in the draft process..

he's not a home run hitter/deep threat, so I don't see him going in the 1st rd..

I'd really like a longterm posession reciever to pair with Green. he's the best in the draft imo

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen multiple with him going to NE at the end of the 1st.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've seen multiple with him going to NE at the end of the 1st.

I don't put much stock in the mock drafts this early. they're not even sure which underclassmen will leave early and which ones will stay yet. the combine pefromances change everything as well obviously...

he might sneak into the late 1st rd. if so he probably wouldn't be a good fit because the Bengals have more pressing needs in the 1st. he'd be a good 2nd rd pick

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A #2 WR is a need...but honestly I think CB, LG and RB trump that. It's early, but a guy like Marvin McNutt outta Iowa should be there in the 3rd (big dude, strong..seems like an ideal #2).

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A #2 WR is a need...but honestly I think CB, LG and RB trump that. It's early, but a guy like Marvin McNutt outta Iowa should be there in the 3rd (big dude, strong..seems like an ideal #2).

I agree on corner (they have to take one in the 1st), but the others are equal needs with a #2 wr imo. Simpson is hit or miss (more miss lately), and he's a FA. there's nobody behind him on the depth chart who can step-up. it might be more cost effective to go after a veteran interior lineman than a starting caliber veteran WR in FA. plus at this point in the NFL I can't think of a highly effective NFL offense that doesn't have a good #2. the best have a fleet of WRs (GB, NO, Dal)

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think it would be optimal to land a good interior lineman in FA (i.e. Ben Grubbs) but just dont see it happening. I dont see anybody that is young and talented not being retained by their team if they are being reasonable with their contract demands (Grubbs will stay with the Ravens). I'm sick of trying to take mid round guys to address the O line and having them not pan out. So I'm hoping they come outta the first with an elite LG prospect. That'll make the whole offense better as LG is by far and away the weakest link on the team. We also need an atheltic cover corner to compliment Hall. So right now I'm pulling for either of this sceanrio...

1A. David DeCastro LG Stanford
1B. Janoris Jenkins CB
2. Trade up in the 2nd (package first 3rd rounder) LaMarr Miller RB the U

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like Douglas and could see them bringing in somebody like that...maybe Douglas or Manningham. As far as Bush goes I like him as a player but am not in favor of dropping a bunch of coin on a FA running back. I think his play this year will drive his price up in the offseason. I'd rather just address the O-line and draft a rook in the first few rounds.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think it would be optimal to land a good interior lineman in FA (i.e. Ben Grubbs) but just dont see it happening. I dont see anybody that is young and talented not being retained by their team if they are being reasonable with their contract demands (Grubbs will stay with the Ravens). I'm sick of trying to take mid round guys to address the O line and having them not pan out. So I'm hoping they come outta the first with an elite LG prospect. That'll make the whole offense better as LG is by far and away the weakest link on the team. We also need an atheltic cover corner to compliment Hall. So right now I'm pulling for either of this sceanrio...

1A. David DeCastro LG Stanford
1B. Janoris Jenkins CB
2. Trade up in the 2nd (package first 3rd rounder) LaMarr Miller RB the U

I've been frustrated with the FO trying to patch up the OL with mid-rders too. but I think with good bookend OTs, and a solid C, the offense could probably thrive with serviceable G play. I also doubt they'll be able to sign a bigname like Ben Grubbs, but a starting quality G in FA and i think the OL is set. I know they supposedly made a run at Gallery, and they signed the guy from Az (forgot his name) but he didnt pass the physical.

With the capspace in FA, the Palmer pick, the compensatory pick for JJ they'll be able to fill a bunch of needs

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm intrigued by Harry Douglas

Harry Douglas, WR for the Atlanta Falcons at NFL.com

As much as I don't UofL...I'd like to bring him and Michael Bush back to the area this offseason.

I'd take both of those guys at the right price. they're both good players, but just expendable because of the other talent on their team. it's not as though they're unwanted..

I wouldn't be suprised if Bush gets franchise tagged and traded. Oak really needs the picks

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
that's what I'm sying though. They keep trying to address the O-line with scrubs. They techinically signed Max JEan whatever his name was but he couldnt even pass the physical. The carson trade really puts them in a great position to draft somebody that will hopefully shore up that position for years to come and get a skill guy. I like DeCastro but I know that some people are high on Cordy Glenn, too. They should be in a good position to land either guy.