• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You heard it here first. Cincinnati is going to sign Dwayne Bowe

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd take both of those guys at the right price. they're both good players, but just expendable because of the other talent on their team. it's not as though they're unwanted..

I wouldn't be suprised if Bush gets franchise tagged and traded. Oak really needs the picks

I do not believe you can trade a franchised player. Anyhow, no trade would trade for a franchised player. He becomes a very expensive 1 year player.

I've also read that Oakland will likely get the top compensatory pick this year for losing Asomugha.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Did the rule about trading a franchise tagged player change with the new CBA? The Chiefs got a 1st rder and two 3rd rders for Jared Allen in 2008 when he was franchised.

The Pats got a very high 2nd rder for Matt Cassel the yr they franchised him.

Now Bush doesnt have the value of a HOF caliber pass rusher, or even a servicable QB, but I think they'd get something for him

redbengal1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Isn't the franchise tag figured by the average of top 5 paid players in the league at that position? If so, there's no way anyone's gonna wanna pay that kind of money for Bush. He's been playing well, but he's not worth that much.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Isn't the franchise tag figured by the average of top 5 paid players in the league at that position? If so, there's no way anyone's gonna wanna pay that kind of money for Bush. He's been playing well, but he's not worth that much.

What happens in these cases is the player agrees to a new, longterm contract before the trade is finalzed.

so while he may not make top 5 money, he'll get fair market value and tons of gaunteed money in the contract that outwieghs the one yr deal..

a lot will depend on how he plays while McFadden is out. but if he's anything like he was last week he's in for a huge payday..

he was a 1st rd prosepct before getting injured his last season at Louisville. he's clearly healthy now, has no tread from a light workload, and he's playing really good football

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be optimal to land a good interior lineman in FA (i.e. Ben Grubbs) but just dont see it happening. I dont see anybody that is young and talented not being retained by their team if they are being reasonable with their contract demands (Grubbs will stay with the Ravens). I'm sick of trying to take mid round guys to address the O line and having them not pan out. So I'm hoping they come outta the first with an elite LG prospect. That'll make the whole offense better as LG is by far and away the weakest link on the team. We also need an atheltic cover corner to compliment Hall. So right now I'm pulling for either of this sceanrio...

1A. David DeCastro LG Stanford
1B. Janoris Jenkins CB
2. Trade up in the 2nd (package first 3rd rounder) LaMarr Miller RB the U

From what I've read a lot of people don't think the Saints will bring Nicks back because they just spent so much money on Evans. They don't seem to think they will be able to spend the big money on both of them. So I think Nicks should have the barn thrown at him.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I believe in the new CBA they take the average of the top 5 over the previous 5 seasons, so the price isn't as steep as it's been in the past.

I guess I was wrong about trading a franchised player.