• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You guys without DirecTv are getting this?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when I used to work for Directv, and one of the biggest pitch we used to sell new customers, was that nobody else has Sunday Ticket. I wonder what they are using now?

As others mentioned this is only available in locations that don't currently have DirecTV. Therefore - it is a only a matter of picking up more customers - not losing any. DirecTV pays a fortune to the NFL for the TV rights so they will do everything possible to not allow others to offer this service (unless they paid DirecTV/NFL a fortune for rights).

I remember when DirecTV first offered this service they had a package where you could only watch the games for one team for $99 for the season. It was awesome. However - they quickly saw that most people who wanted this type of service would still buy the entire package for much more if it was their only option. That is how it works when you are covering the most popular sport in the country.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that, I just get tired of watching the 2-8 raiders or 5-6 chargers

I hear you since I currently live in Northern Alabama. Try having to watch primarily the Titans & Falcons each week - arrggh. Great motivation to get DirecTV or frequent sports bars.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What up CL? How's my favorite Chiefs fan doin?[/QU

ah, you know me, man. rollin' along with the breeze...

and obtw, my son gave me the gift of ANOTHER grandkid back in April. so now i got 2. lol the boy can't seem to leave it alone. guess it's kinda like what my mom used to say. if it's good TO ya, it's good FOR ya...:heh:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As others mentioned this is only available in locations that don't currently have DirecTV. Therefore - it is a only a matter of picking up more customers - not losing any. DirecTV pays a fortune to the NFL for the TV rights so they will do everything possible to not allow others to offer this service (unless they paid DirecTV/NFL a fortune for rights).

I remember when DirecTV first offered this service they had a package where you could only watch the games for one team for $99 for the season. It was awesome. However - they quickly saw that most people who wanted this type of service would still buy the entire package for much more if it was their only option. That is how it works when you are covering the most popular sport in the country.

Prior to ATT buying them I think DTV would have done anything to keep the Tkt exclusive...now that ATT has taken over, they seem to have a broader, more microsoft-like approach.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y
The helmet yes,the blue yes..but not the green and stuff
You aren't the 1st person to say that.
It is different and striking, to a degree. I suppose if it was your team you might like it. Seattle Sounders do the Lime Green mainly.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,054.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y

You aren't the 1st person to say that.
It is different and striking, to a degree. I suppose if it was your team you might like it. Seattle Sounders do the Lime Green mainly.
Dude, it's not a uniform color lol its a warning, safety,don't hit me while I'm jogging, my gay friends want to be seen under the black light while dancing at the club color...come to think of it,the Vikings new purple helmet isn't very manly..but it's my opinion

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, it's not a uniform color lol its a warning, safety,don't hit me while I'm jogging, my gay friends want to be seen under the black light while dancing at the club color...come to think of it,the Vikings new purple helmet isn't very manly..but it's my opinion
Never a problem calling them out on a message board, but I don't recommend you do that face to face.
Capish?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,054.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never a problem calling them out on a message board, but I don't recommend you do that face to face.
Capish?
Who? The Seahawks or their fans? I'm not calling anything/anyone out.Just describing a color.
Looks like we'll get that free nfl package since we are just moving here and getting set up in oregon

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who? The Seahawks or their fans? I'm not calling anything/anyone out.Just describing a color.
Looks like we'll get that free nfl package since we are just moving here and getting set up in oregon
Where you setting up in Oregon?

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to aim you to some cool spots.... But Salem

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can buy this through Xbox and play station right?

Thought that has been the case for at least a season or two.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when I used to work for Directv, and one of the biggest pitch we used to sell new customers, was that nobody else has Sunday Ticket. I wonder what they are using now?

Probably we figured out a way to try to stay in business by maximizing our one chip...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So 40 posts in and all we know about you is your odd fixation with Oregon.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:

The NFL package is probably the only thing I miss about Directv. But I couldn't justify keeping the huge monthly bill for all the useless channels just to have the NFL package.

We have our local channels via antenna (45 or so, with 20 of those being useless or redunant), and we have a Roku on each tv in the house.

The NFL has a package where you can get the games you want, but only after midnight of the day of broadcast. I'm not getting it, but just thought I would throw it out there for others info.

Interesting. Is this the one they advertise with the preseason games also? I didn't realize the regular season games were availabe that quickly