• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yea these Guys really know there Football

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, possibly the biggest rivalry in the NFL as far as the expectations of the teams and the Hawks whooped their ass. What's wrong with reveling in it for a couple days on our own board?

Yeah, I understand that. I just remember last season (on the ESPN boards) hearing fans seriously butt-hurt when the Media wasn't kissing our ass. If we are poking fun at them for calling the wrong outcome, good. I just won't be one of the fans getting angry about what the media says. Give me some wins and I'll have a smile on my face come Monday.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman's pick he went up and Got it, Kaep shouldn't have thrown it but Sherman used all his 6 foot 3 frame to grab it. A 5 foot 10 or evena 6 foot CB doesn't make that INT and its completed. The Ball knocked away at the goal line was a great Defensive play. They knocked that up in the air. If they do not its a TD. Two INT's made by the defense's excellent execution and talent.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman's pick he went up and Got it, Kaep shouldn't have thrown it but Sherman used all his 6 foot 3 frame to grab it. A 5 foot 10 or evena 6 foot CB doesn't make that INT and its completed. The Ball knocked away at the goal line was a great Defensive play. They knocked that up in the air. If they do not its a TD. Two INT's made by the defense's excellent execution and talent.

Yes, Sherman made a play on a ball thrown when Sherman had perfect position. Davis was at no point even close to being open on that play, and going up against a player who has a reputation of doing what he did. Kaep ignored the scouting report and made a mistake. It was a bad decision, plain and simple. Sherman made him pay, but there was no reason to throw that pass there.

Thurmond was in perfect position to make the play in the end zone. The only way that becomes a TD is if the defense makes a mistake. Thrumond was right there, he did his job. Kaepernick should not have thrown the ball there. Besides, that ball could have gone anywhere after the pass defensed, so the pick itself was more luck than skill. Glad it was caught, but could've just as easily ended on the ground. In the end, he read the defense wrong and threw it to the wrong spot. Thurmond did his job, Thomas capitalized and Kap shouldn't have thrown it there.

Both cases, Kaepernick threw the ball where he shouldn't have. The defense did make the play, capitalizing on Kap's mistake. Saying that Kaepernick is responsible for those picks doesn't mean the D didn't do their jobs, just that if Kap had been smarter with the ball it wouldn't have happened.

On neither play did the Seahawks get pressure. Kaepernick just decided to throw the ball in a bad situation and allowed the Hawks a chance to make a play. It actually appeared that he made better decisions when he was under pressure than when he wasn't.

I don't know if it was the Green Bay defense last week, or if it's just how Kaepernick approaches the game, but he appeared to think that the Seahawks couldn't stop him no matter what they did. Those picks were forced on him, he just threw the ball where Seattle could get it, and they came up with it. He played a horrible game, he threw the ball into coverage, he misread the defense more than once and he didn't protect the ball while scrambling and he gave the ball to Seattle 4 times because of it.