• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yankees win (it doesn't matter), TB Wins but Baltimore Keeps Pace, Cleveland Loses

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious actually..being a bunch of dicks would be celebrating in Arizona's Dugout, clubhouse, streets, bars

So you're proud to see veterans like Nick Punto doing a drunken cannonball in the Diamondbacks pool when they expressly asked them NOT to do that?

beefman138

I like cheese
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand, the Padres players did show a lot of class when Tony Sanchez fell into their dugout.

:clap:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, beefman. :suds: Good to see you. Is it afternoon down there?

beefman138

I like cheese
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G'day, Hammer!

You're right man - it's almost 4pm here now.

Almost :suds: o'clock! hehe

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fans mainly, especially the bandwagoners who walk around with their nose in the air talking about "dynasty." I'l always like the Boch but detest the Giants. Nothing like the Angels, but we'll call it intense dislike. But I'll give 'em this, first or worst they're remain equally cocky as shit.

Haha! "Dynasty"! I hate that shit. And I really did lol at your last sentence. Funny because it's true. I kinda prefer "smug" though. It's just so NorCal-y :laugh3: And yes, some of us are worse than others, but what can ya do? The loudest ones get the most attention. I just smile & act nice to visitors (EVEN DODGER FANS!) to try to even it out.

Guess I need to try harder? :noidea: F that! :suds:

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're proud to see veterans like Nick Punto doing a drunken cannonball in the Diamondbacks pool when they expressly asked them NOT to do that?

If jumping in a pool going swimming to celebrate is horrific, then your just jaded and upset it wasn't your team celebrating. There are plenty of ways to celebrate that are much more dickish....its just as dickish celebrating on the opposing teams field...what next, cry about the grass next.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If jumping in a pool going swimming to celebrate is horrific, then your just jaded and upset it wasn't your team celebrating. There are plenty of ways to celebrate that are much more dickish....its just as dickish celebrating on the opposing teams field...what next, cry about the grass next.

Jaded? That doesn't even make sense.

If this is normal, can you name one other celebration that was similar? As a matter of fact, can you name a celebration that upset anyone?

"My team" wouldn't have done that and I can only think of a couple of others in baseball right now that might have.

Real classy, Dodgers. What happened last night? Still hung over?

I hope Clayton Kershaw catches one square in the ribs in his first AB against Arizona next season.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaded? That doesn't even make sense.

If this is normal, can you name one other celebration that was similar? As a matter of fact, can you name a celebration that upset anyone?

"My team" wouldn't have done that and I can only think of a couple of others in baseball right now that might have.

Real classy, Dodgers. What happened last night? Still hung over?

I hope Clayton Kershaw catches one square in the ribs in his first AB against Arizona next season.

well, since there are so many places that have pools, no....and there definately hasn't been any celebrations at Kaughman to even think of a reason to jump in the fountains...in about 28 years.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, since there are so many places that have pools, no....and there definately hasn't been any celebrations at Kaughman to even think of a reason to jump in the fountains...in about 28 years.

So then the answer is no. There's never been a celebration in the history of MLB that's sole purpose was to antagonize and anger the opponent and their fans.

That is, until the classy Dodgers game along.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa Bay and Cleveland both won today so the Sinstripes having San Francisco :gaah:doesn't do them much good.

Love seeing NYY's elimination number going down!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston just lost so they'll have to win the last 6 to win 100.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then the answer is no. There's never been a celebration in the history of MLB that's sole purpose was to antagonize and anger the opponent and their fans.

That is, until the classy Dodgers game along.

The Dodgers were asked NOT to celebrate on their field...like the opposing teams in the PAST who have won titles have done...

Don't know if that had been done in history either, nice, classless jesture...

can't wait til we read in the playoffs "hey, if you win the NLCS, ALCS or WS at our place, don't celebrate on the field"...lol...like that would happen, lol

Kennedy showed so much class earlier in the season...who would have thought it would bite him in the ass.

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jumping in the pool was a little over the top, but when a team wins something big they SHOULD be allowed to celebrate - although it might be contained to kudos on the field & champagne showers in their locker room

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers have to much class to do that.

they would go up and brake chief wahoos drum and put it around his neck

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers were asked NOT to celebrate on their field...like the opposing teams in the PAST who have won titles have done...

Don't know if that had been done in history either, nice, classless jesture...

can't wait til we read in the playoffs "hey, if you win the NLCS, ALCS or WS at our place, don't celebrate on the field"...lol...like that would happen, lol

Kennedy showed so much class earlier in the season...who would have thought it would bite him in the ass.

I don't get the criticism of the B'backs for asking you to stay off their field. Looks like your team proved their concerns to be valid.

You can't honestly want to get in a pissin' contest about the brawl? Because most would objectively have the Dodgers looking much worse in that deal. And Kershaw is the only coward to throw a sucker punch.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jumping in the pool was a little over the top, but when a team wins something big they SHOULD be allowed to celebrate - although it might be contained to kudos on the field & champagne showers in their locker room

If it had been their pool no one would have faulted them for skinny-dipping in it. But when it's their field (a bitter division rival who you already instigated a brawl with) and they specifically request you not to do it and you get drunk and do cannonballs and belly-flops in front of fans, personnel and cameras? It looks bad. Especially when it's veterans like Nick Punto leading the charge. Those clowns didn't even have the decency to take their cleats off.

"Let somebody else clean it up! Do we look like we give a shit?"

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the criticism of the B'backs for asking you to stay off their field. Looks like your team proved their concerns to be valid.

You can't honestly want to get in a pissin' contest about the brawl? Because most would objectively have the Dodgers looking much worse in that deal. And Kershaw is the only coward to throw a sucker punch.

right Kennedy throwing at Puig's head, then going after Grienke...then walking behind all his players off the field...now that was worse than Chris Johnsons loss of his man card.

"we know you will win the division, could you please not celebrate like all division winners have for 100 years on the field"...

its grass....and its water....don't need to list the 100's of ways they could have actually been classless.

Last edited by a moderator: