• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yankees hitting coach vs lloyd mcclendon

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow what a media contrived story....,

But reading through the comment section of the espin and the mlb stories...WOW are some yankee fans whiners! My god a player chased a bigger deal elsewhere....welcome to what your team has been doing for years!!!! It really is hilarious seeing them complain

CSD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad he left. Let him enjoy last place for the duration of his new contract.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow what a media contrived story....,

But reading through the comment section of the espin and the mlb stories...WOW are some yankee fans whiners! My god a player chased a bigger deal elsewhere....welcome to what your team has been doing for years!!!! It really is hilarious seeing them complain

It is kind of funny watching Yankee fans freak out over this, especially when their entire brand is built on offering guys contracts well in excess of market price. I do think the Yankees made the right decision though. For the life of me I can't figure out why teams continue to do these huge deals. It *NEVER* seems to work out well for the teams.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is kind of funny watching Yankee fans freak out over this, especially when their entire brand is built on offering guys contracts well in excess of market price. I do think the Yankees made the right decision though. For the life of me I can't figure out why teams continue to do these huge deals. It *NEVER* seems to work out well for the teams.

Yup for every Jeter or Mo there are a bunch of Tex, C.C's, Arod, Tanaka, Mccann, Elsbury (and those are just guys on the current roster!)

Seattle over paid, A ton, but they had to, their attentance is way down, their behind not only the seahawks in market, but the damn MLS team too. They needed a shiny new star to help try and turn this dumpster fire around. Canos contract will hinder the team in 5 years, but they need him big time now.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad he left. Let him enjoy last place for the duration of his new contract.

Heres the attitude I was talking about. "we didn't want him anyway" Um sure ok, the best second baseman in the game. Sure you dont need him. You've gotr Brian Roberts to pick up the slack!

Like I said, welcome to what the rest of baseball has experienced for years. You guys have your lifers like Mo, Jeter, Posada, because you didn't have to fend off the yankees when they came FA's.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup for every Jeter or Mo there are a bunch of Tex, C.C's, Arod, Tanaka, Mccann, Elsbury (and those are just guys on the current roster!)

Seattle over paid, A ton, but they had to, their attentance is way down, their behind not only the seahawks in market, but the damn MLS team too. They needed a shiny new star to help try and turn this dumpster fire around. Canos contract will hinder the team in 5 years, but they need him big time now.

I don't really see it but it's their money.

They don't exactly have a low payroll either. They just kind of invested half of their entire payroll in two guys.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really see it but it's their money.

They don't exactly have a low payroll either. They just kind of invested half of their entire payroll in two guys.

Your right, bulk of the payroll is tied to the two stars, We had to pay felix and pay him big cause had we not and let him hit FA the yankees would of thrown a brinks truck at him.

Seattle has to overpay to get FA's to come to Seattle, hitters park, more travel miles then the entire al east teams combined. Not winning since 2001

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your right, bulk of the payroll is tied to the two stars, We had to pay felix and pay him big cause had we not and let him hit FA the yankees would of thrown a brinks truck at him.

Seattle has to overpay to get FA's to come to Seattle, hitters park, more travel miles then the entire al east teams combined. Not winning since 2001

I guess I just don't get the mindset that TEAM A has to make incredibly foolish financial decisions because TEAM B has made incredibly foolish financial decisions. Cano and King are great players but they're clearly not worth the money Seattle has guaranteed them. Boston has the right idea in paying guys for their premium years and letting them sign elsewhere in their twilight. I would drag my feet on extending Ortiz too. They don't owe him anything anymore then he owes them anything.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the irony (and serves the yankees right) for years for over paying for players to come and play for them now when a player leaves the yankees for more money now all of a sudden its ok to bitch

CSD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres the attitude I was talking about. "we didn't want him anyway" Um sure ok, the best second baseman in the game. Sure you dont need him. You've gotr Brian Roberts to pick up the slack!

Like I said, welcome to what the rest of baseball has experienced for years. You guys have your lifers like Mo, Jeter, Posada, because you didn't have to fend off the yankees when they came FA's.

He always rubbed me the wrong way by not hustling down the first base line on ground balls. When I played baseball, I was coached to give 100% on every play. You'd be surprised how many routine grounders I beat out just because I hustled.

Second, he was asking for too much money and Seattle grossly over paid for him. I'd rather the Yankees sign multiple quality players than break the bank for one 'superstar.' These contracts players are receiving today are insane, but that's another thread for another day.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Yankee fan or apologist but if there is a 2B with that much talent that Jeter doesn't do everything possible to keep, I don't want him on my team.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a money issue, it was a years issue. 10 year contracts for 30+ year old players NEVER work out, like ever.

The Yankees offered him more per year than any other player in franchise history other than A-Rod. But because of A-Rod, the Yankees made it a organizational point to never pay a 30+ year old player a 10 year contract.

Cano was not a player the Yankees would have done anything for. hes not that marketable of a player. Hes no Jeter, that's for sure as the ratings increased when jeter came back. Not many cared about watching a Cano led Yankees team, didn't have the same flare.

The Yankees move on, stars come and go. Give me a team that can hit in the playoffs and comes through, all I care about is championships. Putting on the pinstripes sometimes rejuvenates people's careers.

Chances are the Mariners aren't winning anything anyways. I thought it was funny when some thought that Cano going there was going to make other players want to join Seattle.

CSD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was over money and years. Remember, they originally wanted to stay under the $189 mil luxury tax threshold. But that obviously went out the window once they signed Tanaka

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He always rubbed me the wrong way by not hustling down the first base line on ground balls. When I played baseball, I was coached to give 100% on every play. You'd be surprised how many routine grounders I beat out just because I hustled.

Second, he was asking for too much money and Seattle grossly over paid for him. I'd rather the Yankees sign multiple quality players than break the bank for one 'superstar.' These contracts players are receiving today are insane, but that's another thread for another day.

Thats true, buts soley because of organizations trying to compete with the yankees. Ny bought talent for years cause they could afford it, now cause of tv deals amongst other things other teams are able to dole out ridiculous contracts now too.

And the hustle argument is stupid, guy plays 160 games a year, if he missed out on one hit a year cause he loafs after grounding out im ok. Since hes hitting over 300 and knocking in 120 plus ribs a yr.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Long just sounds petty.

I couldn't care less about Cano's hustle (or lack thereof). He's hit like an all-star 1B and has played 159+ games in seven consecutive seasons at a premium position.

CSD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the hustle argument is stupid, guy plays 160 games a year, if he missed out on one hit a year cause he loafs after grounding out im ok. Since hes hitting over 300 and knocking in 120 plus ribs a yr.

As a Yankee, Robbie made $42,119.21 per game. At that salary, I expect a player to give 100%

So we'll have to agree to disagree.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I believe you, do you think that would have happened terribly often with major league infielders?

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Yankees have been down the 10 year contract road already, they're actually still traveling down it, and they know that 10 year contracts given to players in their 30's are no good.

They offered Cano more per year than Seattle did, so the notion that it was about years AND money is just plain inaccurate. It was all about the length of the deal and the Yankees are all done with the 10 year deal thing.

I wish Cano and Seattle all the best, losing Cano will hurt the Yankees short term, but in 5 years every Yankee fan will be breathing a sigh of relief that they let him walk.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't offer a 10 yr deal to any player unless they're in their mid 20's.

I don't even care about Cano anymore. The Yankees made up for his bat by bringing Beltran, McCann, and Ellsbury in addition to getting a healthy Tex back in the lineup.

CSD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I believe you, do you think that would have happened terribly often with major league infielders?

Not as often I agree.

The Yankees have been down the 10 year contract road already, they're actually still traveling down it, and they know that 10 year contracts given to players in their 30's are no good.

They offered Cano more per year than Seattle did, so the notion that it was about years AND money is just plain inaccurate. It was all about the length of the deal and the Yankees are all done with the 10 year deal thing.

I wish Cano and Seattle all the best, losing Cano will hurt the Yankees short term, but in 5 years every Yankee fan will be breathing a sigh of relief that they let him walk.

Cano wanted a ten year deal, the Yankees didn't. I get that.. All I'm saying is if the Yanks had signed Cano, they wouldn't have had enough money to sign everyone else. By not signing the loafer, they freed up space for a handful of quality players, which I'm happy about.